Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doca Football Club

Here is another example of a bad idea. We played this team this weekend and it was an utter waste of time. Why do clubs like this exist? What benefit do these players get from coming out to premier tournaments and wasting everybody's time. Why waste your own money? Just play Town soccer, it will be better for everyone.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is another example of a bad idea. We played this team this weekend and it was an utter waste of time. Why do clubs like this exist? What benefit do these players get from coming out to premier tournaments and wasting everybody's time. Why waste your own money? Just play Town soccer, it will be better for everyone.
    It's a club from the eastern side of the state. There's not a lot of players in Eastern CT. It gives families an option other than South East

Its a small family run club that has coaches with decent backgrounds

Comment

It's a club from the eastern side of the state. There's not a lot of players in Eastern CT. It gives families an option other than South East

Its a small family run club that has coaches with decent backgrounds
      I am sure they are good coaches but this is the problem with so much of CT Premier soccer. We are a small state, the southeastern part of CT is sparsely populated. Now you have the one Premier club in that area vying for talent in an area where they can barely support that club. This new "pop-up" may stick around and pul 1-3 decent players in, maybe 4-5 in a given age group. They will be a watered down product and Southeast will be diluted. It's a lose-lose situation. They have to figure a way to consolidate their resources and work together. Next year both of these clubs will have weak teams and parents and players will be further dissatisfied.

Comment

Doca laid a giant stinking egg this weekend at the Oakwood Tournament. Their teams were annihalated. How is that good for anyone. Bad for their club, bad for their kids, bad for soccer. It was embarrassing.

Comment

Doca Football Club

I am sure they are good coaches but this is the problem with so much of CT Premier soccer. We are a small state, the southeastern part of CT is sparsely populated. Now you have the one Premier club in that area vying for talent in an area where they can barely support that club. This new "pop-up" may stick around and pul 1-3 decent players in, maybe 4-5 in a given age group. They will be a watered down product and Southeast will be diluted. It's a lose-lose situation. They have to figure a way to consolidate their resources and work together. Next year both of these clubs will have weak teams and parents and players will be further dissatisfied.

Why do parents look for another or another clubs?.....favoritism,money grab, tired of sideline(parent) coaches, or socioeconomic. I speculate we as a whole have claim individual stories of anybody of these reasons.I don't know why Doca Football Club was shaped, I don't believe that Doca Football Club will sting Southeast Soccer Club's enlistment.

Hardworking talent pool is thin in southeast Ct. I do agree at some point or another this area will weakened. Would be good to see more focuses focused on particular capacities, other than your traditional summer camp....many if not most clubs have bunches selected inside both CJSA and CCSL. In the long run one of managing bodies will need to work on whom is playing in what league at what skill level.

....either way I now, will drive 45 min(one way) for practice!

Comment

Why do parents look for another or another clubs?.....favoritism,money grab, tired of sideline(parent) coaches, or socioeconomic. I speculate we as a whole have claim individual stories of anybody of these reasons.I don't know why Doca Football Club was shaped, I don't believe that Doca Football Club will sting Southeast Soccer Club's enlistment.

Hardworking talent pool is thin in southeast Ct. I do agree at some point or another this area will weakened. Would be good to see more focuses focused on particular capacities, other than your traditional summer camp....many if not most clubs have bunches selected inside both CJSA and CCSL. In the long run one of managing bodies will need to work on whom is playing in what league at what skill level.

....either way I now, will drive 45 min(one way) for practice!
            I'm sure this essay made a whole lot more sense in whatever language you thought it up in!

Comment

Doca laid a giant stinking egg this weekend at the Oakwood Tournament. Their teams were annihalated. How is that good for anyone. Bad for their club, bad for their kids, bad for soccer. It was embarrassing.
              Why do you care whether they laid an egg

Comment

Your kid's team is playing the Oakwood Tournament. What did you expect? Great teams?

Comment

Must be from Southeast

Comment

Who let them in I thought opi was Oakwood premier invitational

Comment

I don't really care that they laid a fat egg. I do care that we have a problem with too many fake Premier clubs. Why do you bring teams up that you know are going to get slaughtered. Why can't you go to Needham and get placed in the 8th bracket. I'm just against bad soccer clubs. Did those guys not realize that it was going to be that ugly.

Comment

Doca is not going to compete with SSC. They are a second relate, 2 bit club. The guys that are running Doca have massive egos and will keep trotting out teams as long as families let them. SSC gets the pick of the bunch and Doca gets scraps. Doca would be smart to offer just training and forget about entering teams in a league. Or at least get into a town League.

Comment

I don't really care that they laid a fat egg. I do care that we have a problem with too many fake Premier clubs. Why do you bring teams up that you know are going to get slaughtered. Why can't you go to Needham and get placed in the 8th bracket. I'm just against bad soccer clubs. Did those guys not realize that it was going to be that ugly.
                          I think your real beef is with Oakwood. They called the tournament "premier". See, you thought your 2nd rate team was going to be playing other 2nd rate teams. Instead, you were playing a 4th rate team. So go complain to Oakwood.

Comment

Who let them in I thought opi was Oakwood premier invitational
                            Come on. Ow loves anyone that pays. That's how they operate. Have pulse, you are in.

Comment

You are just against bad soccer clubs ... pathetic you are

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X