X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCBescola Virginia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2622f4b9cc03

Looks like Barcelona is taking over Northern VA. What league will they play in ?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2622f4b9cc03

Looks like Barcelona is taking over Northern VA. What league will they play in ?
    They will not play in any league immediately. They have plans to join Super Y next summer.

Essentially it is a training platform that can be used to supplement your club or just use it on its own.

I believe they will eventually join a league and will align themselves with U.S. Club Soccer for tournaments and eventual league play.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the level of interest. I can see alot of interest from younger boys and even girls (u8-u11), but wonder if there will be any interest from older kids.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the level of interest. I can see alot of interest from younger boys and even girls (u8-u11), but wonder if there will be any interest from older kids.
        There is a lot of interest from the older kids at least in the 01/02 group. FCBEscola will not be part of any league during their incubation period (indoctrinating the players in the Barca system of play).

Comment

There is a lot of interest from the older kids at least in the 01/02 group. FCBEscola will not be part of any league during their incubation period (indoctrinating the players in the Barca system of play).
          I am a bit surprised there is high interest in the older ages as many of those kids are quite indoctrinated with their current clubs. I guess it all depends on what you are using it for. As an 01/02 if I were using it for supplemental training that would make sense.........but if I were a kid looking to play in college I am not sure that would be a direction i would go full time.

Comment

I am a bit surprised there is high interest in the older ages as many of those kids are quite indoctrinated with their current clubs. I guess it all depends on what you are using it for. As an 01/02 if I were using it for supplemental training that would make sense.........but if I were a kid looking to play in college I am not sure that would be a direction i would go full time.
            01/02 is a big transition year. Lots of kids switching clubs. The 01s will be juniors. This is a make or break year for them

Comment

For older ages it can only be used as a supplement. But where FCB will make its impact is the ulittles. If the training is excellent then parents will put their U8s and younger into Barca over a clubs rec program. Then once the kids are in it gets harder to leave.

Comment

For older ages it can only be used as a supplement. But where FCB will make its impact is the ulittles. If the training is excellent then parents will put their U8s and younger into Barca over a clubs rec program. Then once the kids are in it gets harder to leave.
                Being used as a supplement means that the other clubs could have superior coaching, training and facilities. That will be a lot of resources spent just to be supplemental. They should stick with their camps if that was the case. I think they desire to be a force in the academy/club scene

Comment

My kid went to the FCBescola training in Leesburg. Excellent Coaching

Comment

Being used as a supplement means that the other clubs could have superior coaching, training and facilities. That will be a lot of resources spent just to be supplemental. They should stick with their camps if that was the case. I think they desire to be a force in the academy/club scene
                    In time that will happen but not currently with older kids. What 13 year old is going to walk away from club to just train? BUT 7-10 year olds before they even get into club or are young enough to walk away from club for a mostly training only model?

Comment

In time that will happen but not currently with older kids. What 13 year old is going to walk away from club to just train? BUT 7-10 year olds before they even get into club or are young enough to walk away from club for a mostly training only model?
                      13 year olds still need all the good coaching they can get. Especially if they are receiving sub par coaching at their clubs. They are still young enough to learn to play. Most of these clubs do provide competition. But two teams coached badly does not make for great competition

Comment

13 year olds still need all the good coaching they can get. Especially if they are receiving sub par coaching at their clubs. They are still young enough to learn to play. Most of these clubs do provide competition. But two teams coached badly does not make for great competition
                        They don't concern themselves much with competition at young ages. They do that for american parents.

Comment

They don't concern themselves much with competition at young ages. They do that for american parents.
                          So True. Most American parents will not accept a "Develop/Train Only" club without competition attached

Comment

It looks like they have added July 1st tryouts now.

Comment

I will be interested to see how those go and how many kids they get out. I would think in the 7-10 range there will be a ton.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X