Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Only state championships that matter are in the fall. Can't count spring when not everyone plays.
    high school kids dont play in fall. I guess you mean u13 and below.

Comment

Were State camps crowned today?
      Yes. Good day despite the weather

Comment

I heard that CFC won 3 Rush won 1 SC won 1 Beachside won 1. Not sure about u19's. I was not there. So this is hear say.

Comment

CFC Real U18 girls won CJSA
          AC CT State U18 boys won CJSA
          3 CFCU boys teams won US Club Soccer championships
          AC CT U17 won US Club (beat CFCU)

Comment

CFC Real U18 girls won CJSA
            AC CT State U18 boys won CJSA
            3 CFCU boys teams won US Club Soccer championships
            AC CT U17 won US Club (beat CFCU)

Shelton FC U16B won their CJSA 2nd in a row and
            Shelton FC U19G won CJSA

Comment

Shelton FC U16B won their CJSA 2nd in a row and
              Shelton FC U19G won CJSA
              Okay, so SWAT teams did not need to be called in.

Comment

Okay, so SWAT teams did not need to be called in.
                Haha, funny stuff!

Comment

will the last person to leave this thread please turn off the lights and lock the door. State Cup in CT is completely irrelevant and over.

Comment

will the last person to leave this thread please turn off the lights and lock the door. State Cup in CT is completely irrelevant and over.
                    Diqq...

Comment

Especially at the older ages; younger ages isn't too bad until the better players bolt for DA, ECNL and other regional clubs

Comment

Especially at the older ages; younger ages isn't too bad until the better players bolt for DA, ECNL and other regional clubs
                        even at the younger ages the critical mass is no longer there. It's really sad how far the entire thing has fallen.

Comment

BS crowing about U17 girls winning over Simmons. Need I say more? Great for anyone who won, but there's not doubt winning CJSA cup isn't what it used to be. And it's changed in just 5 years or so. It's too bad because the competition used to be good.

Comment

BS crowing about U17 girls winning over Simmons. Need I say more? Great for anyone who won, but there's not doubt winning CJSA cup isn't what it used to be. And it's changed in just 5 years or so. It's too bad because the competition used to be good.
                            Saw the game. Really ugly soccer, if you want to call it that.

Comment

All this trashing teams for playing/winning state cup. Maybe if more teams were willing to play against other CT teams, the competition would be better. Too many clubs are afraid of the fallout if they play and lose to any of the CT competition. It is real easy to tout how great your kid's team is when their team avoids playing any local clubs like they have the plague.

Comment

All this trashing teams for playing/winning state cup. Maybe if more teams were willing to play against other CT teams, the competition would be better. Too many clubs are afraid of the fallout if they play and lose to any of the CT competition. It is real easy to tout how great your kid's team is when their team avoids playing any local clubs like they have the plague.
                                Most of the regional teams found that not only was the level of play not worth their while, but also regional schedules make it very difficult to fit in their league games and multiple state cup games. I've got two HS aged players and both of their clubs participate a few years ago and now only have a few lower level teams in. The last year one of mine did it it was a very hectic spring, sometimes were short on subs. I'm sure some worried about losing - silly but I get it since they have to justify their cost and travel to parents and it looks bad to lose to instate competition - but for most it was simply matter of prioritizing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X