X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    On the website:

Orlando City's Development Academy Program is the pinnacle of the Orlando City youth pyramid, providing the highest level of competition available for our brightest young talent. As part of Orlando City's commitment to developing young talent, all Orlando City USSDA players will be fully funded. This includes registration, travel and uniform costs.
    That is boys SIDE ALL MLS Clubs must sponsor DA program.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
      u15/16 just got blasted 7-0 in the showcase . Also, the u14 lost two in a row . Embarrassment , ever since they let go ml they have been going down hill . They should fire every single one of the coaches and start over ; what goes around comes around.
      do your research they played a u17/18 team

Comment

Saw this with their 2003's. Bottom of the barrel but yet they move their P1 keepers and players to ECNL yet ignored better talent at tryouts.
        LOL YOU PEOPLE ARE FUNNY, 03's are far from being bottom of the barrel. If you were an educated parent that really wanted you child seen you would not sit around and wait for tryouts. no one makes teams at tryouts. You have to be a little more proactive than that we had private sessions for deserving talent all season long. The only team that is worthy of being on the same field as OC when at full strength is Weston. kEEP DREAMING daddy!!!

Comment

Until OCYS finishes their job of cleaning house of the old guard, they will never be taken seriously amongst the entire Central Florida soccer community that has been around for a while. The fact that they still have a local insurance salesman and financial planner as integral parts of their DA coaching staff is a joke. I know several DA caliber players whose parent refuse to risk their child's development to those coaches that have survived the various amalgamations of what has become Orlando City Youth Soccer over the last decade. For the love of God, get rid of the trash and replace them with real soccer coaches who are only interested in development of players. There are some very good coaches at OCYS that have been brought in over the last few years but they must continue the process to become the development academy this region deserves.

Comment

LOL YOU PEOPLE ARE FUNNY, 03's are far from being bottom of the barrel. If you were an educated parent that really wanted you child seen you would not sit around and wait for tryouts. no one makes teams at tryouts. You have to be a little more proactive than that we had private sessions for deserving talent all season long. The only team that is worthy of being on the same field as OC when at full strength is Weston. kEEP DREAMING daddy!!!
            I know all your 03 players when you are at full strength and following teams are better than you: TBU, Clearwater, Kendall, Weston and Armada. Trust me KOOLAID DADDY!!!!

Comment

Until OCYS finishes their job of cleaning house of the old guard, they will never be taken seriously amongst the entire Central Florida soccer community that has been around for a while. The fact that they still have a local insurance salesman and financial planner as integral parts of their DA coaching staff is a joke. I know several DA caliber players whose parent refuse to risk their child's development to those coaches that have survived the various amalgamations of what has become Orlando City Youth Soccer over the last decade. For the love of God, get rid of the trash and replace them with real soccer coaches who are only interested in development of players. There are some very good coaches at OCYS that have been brought in over the last few years but they must continue the process to become the development academy this region deserves.
              I think the house cleaning is about 2 coaches away. maybe the SCOTTs will force them both into the ECNL and out of the ACADEMY.

Comment

I know all your 03 players when you are at full strength and following teams are better than you: TBU, Clearwater, Kendall, Weston and Armada. Trust me KOOLAID DADDY!!!!
                Are they not supposed to be scouting and looking for talent because there is some talent in Central Florida.. or are they not willing to make the right decisions, or is it too political to make the right decisions. Why are we not getting really good players in.

Comment

Are they not supposed to be scouting and looking for talent because there is some talent in Central Florida.. or are they not willing to make the right decisions, or is it too political to make the right decisions. Why are we not getting really good players in.
                  Well for example, if you live in the Tampa bay area, why on earth would you want to move to horrible Orlando. Tampa bay is a much better place to live, much more to do, etc... There are just better players in the Tampa bay area, as well as Jacksonville and South Florida. Don't get me wrong there is some talent on that 03 team, but not enough of it, sorry.

Comment

They scout maybe your kid just doesn't stand out

Comment

Well for example, if you live in the Tampa bay area, why on earth would you want to move to horrible Orlando. Tampa bay is a much better place to live, much more to do, etc... There are just better players in the Tampa bay area, as well as Jacksonville and South Florida. Don't get me wrong there is some talent on that 03 team, but not enough of it, sorry.
                      OC has a kid coming all the way from the Pan Handel others from South Florida, and jax Funny you mention Tampa 4 kids from Charger and 3 kids from TBU have showed up to get a look from OC. hmmm WONDER WHO THEY COULD OF BEEN????

Comment

They scout maybe your kid just doesn't stand out
                        All the talent in the Orlando area is already on the team. Face it, not a strong year for talent in the Orlando area. Now, they might try to bring kids in from outside the Orlando metro area over the next few years, but that is the only way they will be on top of the DA standings for that age group.

Comment

All the talent in the Orlando area is already on the team. Face it, not a strong year for talent in the Orlando area. Now, they might try to bring kids in from outside the Orlando metro area over the next few years, but that is the only way they will be on top of the DA standings for that age group.
                          Agreed. They need to start scouting.. they are a full funded DA, they should have options. I agree with the other post. I would not move from any area to Orlando. I live in Orlando and i want to move out. :)

Comment

OC has a kid coming all the way from the Pan Handel others from South Florida, and jax Funny you mention Tampa 4 kids from Charger and 3 kids from TBU have showed up to get a look from OC. hmmm WONDER WHO THEY COULD OF BEEN????
                            I call BS on that. Not the 03 team, maybe some older age groups.

Comment

Agreed. They need to start scouting.. they are a full funded DA, they should have options. I agree with the other post. I would not move from any area to Orlando. I live in Orlando and i want to move out. :)
                              Gotta admit I'm a little jealous of the ML funding you guys get. That alone should make some of the drive worth it.

Comment

I call BS on that. Not the 03 team, maybe some older age groups.
                                How much you willing to bet?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X