Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't know the reason that other DA's are weak but I can tell you this is the exact reason why Boca United will is and will be a complete flop as a DA. They don't have one other good club in there area that sends top players to them. In fact its the opposite. More good players leave Boca united and go to other area clubs than the reverse. Boca united just merged with Boynton Knights because they were told if they wanted to even keep the DA they had to have better facilities and thats the reason they went soliciting Boynton, not to get their weak players. Boca united was a joke in ECNL and they will be an even weaker DA. The sad part is there will be some parents who think their kid needs to be at a DA and send their kids to Boca only to find out that they ruined their kids. US Soccer is making the same mistake as ECNL did and haven't had their eyes open. Just because a club has a former national team player running it doesn't mean they have any idea how to run a club. Boca united is a rec club with a very poor staff that has a DA and thats a sad statement for the US Soccer Academy program.
    I guess if you keep repeating the same propaganda over and over, eventually someone will think it is true. Sorry your daughter could not make either the old ECNL team or the new GDA roster. Maybe you can make up for your personal failings and love through her in another sport?

Comment

Less in a birthyear will make GDA than were in ECnl. Someone had to get cut.

Comment

TBU 04 girls

Speaking of the DA and ECNL. I heard the TBU girls 04 backed out of OC DA, except for #14 and #02? Little birdie told me.Why are they still going to OC? Were they given a sweet deal?

Comment

Reality check!

On the boys side, there really is NO debate on DA vs. ECNL. If you don't already fully know that, then you really know nothing about the quality and opportunities in the DA program! ECNL will be the B-league, with B-level players, B-level coaches, and very little to no chance for a pathway to Pro, National Teams, or even D1 scholarships. Sorry to burst the ECNL bubble, but I speak the truth!

Comment

On the boys side, there really is NO debate on DA vs. ECNL. If you don't already fully know that, then you really know nothing about the quality and opportunities in the DA program! ECNL will be the B-league, with B-level players, B-level coaches, and very little to no chance for a pathway to Pro, National Teams, or even D1 scholarships. Sorry to burst the ECNL bubble, but I speak the truth!
            Let's get this boys ecnl with them playing high school soccer and check back.

Comment

Really, where are your facts to back up no path to D1 schools. ECNL is a great path to those looking at college. It could be worse that you play in clubs with no ECNL and stay in the abys of GCF, CDL, FSPL and Region 3 for the few that get accepted. Yes DA is #1 but ECNL is there to fill the void instead of playing club travel. It can be far worse you are stuck with a club that offers none or both options. Glad SE region and others got boys ECNL.

Comment

Let's get this boys ecnl with them playing high school soccer and check back.
                Boys da has been in place with no H/S soccer for what, 10 years? The only person who would make a statement like this is someone who is not in the DA program already and hopes that moving from travel ball to boys ECNL will legitimize their player.

Comment

Really, where are your facts to back up no path to D1 schools. ECNL is a great path to those looking at college. It could be worse that you play in clubs with no ECNL and stay in the abys of GCF, CDL, FSPL and Region 3 for the few that get accepted. Yes DA is #1 but ECNL is there to fill the void instead of playing club travel. It can be far worse you are stuck with a club that offers none or both options. Glad SE region and others got boys ECNL.
                  I said very little to no chance.........get YOUR facts straight!

Comment

Boys da has been in place with no H/S soccer for what, 10 years? The only person who would make a statement like this is someone who is not in the DA program already and hopes that moving from travel ball to boys ECNL will legitimize their player.
                    A high quality league outside of DA is just what the boys side has been needing. It appears it will be Club based but other top teams can earn into the league.

Comment

A high quality league outside of DA is just what the boys side has been needing. It appears it will be Club based but other top teams can earn into the league.
                      In theory that is a great statement but does that not already exist with RPL/NPL? Where do you think the ECNL boys will come from? To say kids will leave boys DA to play H/S ball as the other post stated is fantasy. Again, that option already exist in those other leagues.
                      ECNL will not fund the same or have the same opportunities. Please know I am not trashing anything but IMO, I just don't see it. If the USSF see's things going in the wrong direction player count or talent wise, they will adjust. The money and backing is already there.

Comment

I agree. My boy is not on DA but I have to be fair. The boys on DA are more talented and developed than the ones in ECNL most of the time. That does not mean I guess that if you are on ECNL you can't get into DA eventually. But it's all about the coaching. I would rather have my kid with less travel, and more focused in training in DA than traveling like crazy in an ECNL team. But I think at the end of the day it's all about the coaching and the effort your kid puts into it, as well as the players he is surrounded with. That's why I think DA is a better option. Just my opinion, not an expert here.

Comment

I agree. My boy is not on DA but I have to be fair. The boys on DA are more talented and developed than the ones in ECNL most of the time. That does not mean I guess that if you are on ECNL you can't get into DA eventually. But it's all about the coaching. I would rather have my kid with less travel, and more focused in training in DA than traveling like crazy in an ECNL team. But I think at the end of the day it's all about the coaching and the effort your kid puts into it, as well as the players he is surrounded with. That's why I think DA is a better option. Just my opinion, not an expert here.
                          Boys ECNL starts fall 2017. Come on now give it a chance.

Comment

I agree with your overall point that DA will be superior to ECNL. Has there been a season of boys ECNL yet? If not, how can you judge this?

Comment

Here is a thought - How about we wait and see what the inaugural Boys ECNL looks like....grow up people!

Comment

Here is a thought - How about we wait and see what the inaugural Boys ECNL looks like....grow up people!
                                Not disagreeing with your sentiment. I just find interesting that some (not necessarily you) can argue the merits of wait and see for boys ECNL and at the same time dismiss girls DA being redundant or doomed to failure when compared to girls ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X