Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The top tier for girls and boys is DA. WA Timbers will lose all top players to that even if they build a better girls program.
    If girls DA is "top" tier, then what is ECNL? Must be "topper than top" tier because GDA is horrible.

Comment

Ok I'm not a Brett lover and by that I don't mean I dislike him I just don't agree with the way he coaches or goes about playing the game.
      There are many ways to teach the game, sometimes it's a culture or lifestyle sometimes it's down to the coach.
      My issue has always been who you know and not what you know. It's not a W T F C thing this is a soccer culture thing. The sad part for me is that Brett fell into the culture side if things. He had some great inevitive ideas but got caught up in the money and influence of the people that drive the club game.
      You don't think the ***C are any better or worse than the rest. We have a programme that is flawed until that get fixed the rich soft under bellies kids will get the timbers spots work for 4 or 5 yrs and get kicked to the curb in Cavour if an African or Caribbean player who has more drive.
      Bret got sucked into the Timbers way. He started bright but his light was dimmed by the upper middle class sad but true.
      Not sure where we go from here but anyone that stands for something gets chopped down and treated as a leper not sure how we change it but change is something we must do to holt the MLS plague.
      Seems to me he was corrupted by his chosen friends in the club. He didn't choose wisely...and therefore disintegrated to dust

Comment

If girls DA is "top" tier, then what is ECNL? Must be "topper than top" tier because GDA is horrible.
        Beginning fall 2017 ECNL is considered tier 2.
        It will be dead by 2020.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2073499]

Great! They need a few good D licensed coaches. Bon voyage
          Yeah, and keep helicoptering over your son like you do this thread...I'm sure that will help him make a DA team somewhere

Comment

Beginning fall 2017 ECNL is considered tier 2.
            It will be dead by 2020.
            "Consider" it tier 2 at your own peril. There won't be a single team in GDA that would finish above dead last in any ECNL division. Many wouldn't win OYSA 2nd division. Just the facts.

Comment

"Consider" it tier 2 at your own peril. There won't be a single team in GDA that would finish above dead last in any ECNL division. Many wouldn't win OYSA 2nd division. Just the facts.
              You can always spot the most egregious bullsh!t posted to this forum. It always ends with "just the facts".

With a tell like that, I'd advise against playing poker.

Comment

Gary is at Oregon Crossfire. Sunny is back in England.
                Both have low soccer IQ's.
                Gary is a smart guy, and coaches the kids that respond, well. I watched and participated with Gary and he's a quality coach. I've coached a long time to know this. Not sure what your baseline is.

Sunny is a nice guy if you drink, smoke, and played poker w/ him. He was always looking for new friends, think a more sophisticated Victor G/U..

Comment

Great people? That's questionable as they have never produced a national player. Sure there are many nice folks that work and volunteer there, but their not teaching youth development.
                  They are growing the game.

14 current coaches are former players of the club.

Comment

This is big!

Comment

Yep, 14 former rec players are now coaching their kids on "A" teams at WashT. Sounds like a great deal.

Comment

Moving On

Maybe this will be the new way forward, Im just cracking up watching this.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/t...ccer-1.4157680

Comment

Yep, 14 former rec players are now coaching their kids on "A" teams at WashT. Sounds like a great deal.
                          Incorrect. One played professional indoor.

Comment

Incorrect. One played professional indoor.
                            Liberals are so PC!

Comment

Problem with the game

My issue is that the timbers like all the clubs fell into the money maze. You are paying for your kids to be coached. You might be paying 2 to 4K a year and because you pay out you want the best. So you want an A or B coach. Issue is in the real world at the age you are playing that means jot. What really matters is can your kid pass and trap the ball. If he or she can't do that take them to softball or baseball and let the kids that can mi e forward. Sad thing is we know that won't happen because rich parents won't let go. So as a result clubs facilitate there membership and the mediocrity rules.

Comment

My issue is that the timbers like all the clubs fell into the money maze. You are paying for your kids to be coached. You might be paying 2 to 4K a year and because you pay out you want the best. So you want an A or B coach. Issue is in the real world at the age you are playing that means jot. What really matters is can your kid pass and trap the ball. If he or she can't do that take them to softball or baseball and let the kids that can mi e forward. Sad thing is we know that won't happen because rich parents won't let go. So as a result clubs facilitate there membership and the mediocrity rules.
                                But passing and trapping are learned skills. If the kids can't do it, they should be taught. Some kids might still not be able to do it adequately, for whatever reason, and won't progress to the next level--but it doesn't take an A or B licensed coach to teach the basics such as this.

I don't believe I've ever seen a coach for whom passing isn't important--either it is taught explicitly, or it is assumed the kids already know how to do it well (and those that don't are cut). Trapping is a bit more hit-and-miss; I've seen many teams that can pass the ball well (meaning the ball goes to the teammate's feet, or to space where the teammate is in the best position to take possession, and has adequate pace to avoid being intercepted) but frequently turn the ball over because the recipient won't check to the ball, can't receive a ball that is bouncing or airborne, or can't stop the ball without it bouncing away.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X