Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fspl or npl - which league is your better team joining?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not sure about other age groups, but I checked NPL/FPL and FSPL standings for this past season for my daughter's age group (U17-2000 last season), and they don't look very different.

NPL/FPL had 11 teams, they played 10 games, there were 5 teams with winning records, 6 with losing records, including five teams with just 1 or 2 wins total.

FSPL had 16 teams, they played 15 games, there were 7 teams with winning records, 1 team 5-5-5, and 8 with losing records, including five teams with 0-2 wins total.

In conclusion, both leagues had very strong teams at the top, some very competitive games, some not-so-competitive games.
    Great analysis but because of the variations of leagues now you have DA & ECNL so many elite players have left to those levels of play. The competitive teams are no longer as competitive because of that. The clubs with DA and ECNL have now signed their other teams into NPL. FSPL has become the new SFYUSA. For a higher level of play you have to go NPL.

Comment

Another debatable answer. Cmon, give me something that shows me that NPL has more to offer than FSPL.
      Unfortunately they hard part is guessing were all the players are moving. With the addition Girls DA and Boys ECNL, many players will shift over but not all to the new league. This is club dependent with many variations. This will also be true for RPL, NPL and FSPL to various degrees.

I know at our club, many boy FSPL players are moving to ECNL or NPL for the potentially greater exposure to college coaches.

There will remain some great FSPL clubs like Sunrise (just naming one, and no we don't belong to that club) that will dominate State Cup across many age groups.

I don't think anyone can give you a true fact base answer because no one knows for sure how the addition of Girls DA and Boys ECNL will shake things up outside of their own club.

If playing and winning State Cup is a goal above and beyond recruiting, then there probably isn't a good reason to move up. If you're players want to challenge themselves more than giving Dynamo FC a 6-0 beatdown with opportunities to be seen by different college coaches outside of Florida, then NPL or RPL may be something to look at.

Comment

I can't speak to any other age group, but at U14 boys NPL is substantially more difficult and better competition than FSPL. It's not even close.

Comment

What about the palm beach league? Early season?

Comment

No girls divisions in NPL at the 2000 or 1999 ages. So much for that

Comment

Chargers have probably the worst girls program in West Florida and they are in the NPL .
              typical youth soccer just need to have enough money to buy your way in .

Comment

where did you see that?

Comment

where did you see that?
                  If your daughter is on a 2000 or 1999 team that was planning on playing NPL your coach should probably be informing you as early as today. I would suggest reaching out to them

Comment

If your daughter is on a 2000 or 1999 team that was planning on playing NPL your coach should probably be informing you as early as today. I would suggest reaching out to them
                    Again, where did you see that? From what I see they have an age group for these teams. Just look on the website and you will see that last year they had a combined age group of 98/99, so this year it would be 99/00.

Comment

Again, where did you see that? From what I see they have an age group for these teams. Just look on the website and you will see that last year they had a combined age group of 98/99, so this year it would be 99/00.
                      You will not see it posted anywhere yet. This is what our team was just told. We will play FSPL and not NPL for this reason.

Comment

Fake news. Don't fall for the troll.

Comment

You will not see it posted anywhere yet. This is what our team was just told. We will play FSPL and not NPL for this reason.
                          haha this is someone worried that the U18 FSPL list only had two teams accepted, and they probably left a club to go to another team just for FSPL. Weak attempt man

Comment

where did you see that?
                            Teams play up all the time in leagues they shouldn't. If you didn't earn it, you shouldn't be playing in it.

Comment

Is this because ECNL clubs second tier teams play in the ECNL Composite 99/00 league instead of NPL?

Comment

Is this because ECNL clubs second tier teams play in the ECNL Composite 99/00 league instead of NPL?
                                That would depend on the club size. If you have enough "bench strength" across all the age groups, you can field solid if not good teams. Otherwise you filling in with players from lesser leagues.

Also, don't take me comment literally. There are some freaking great fspl teams that would kill a number of npl and ecnl teams. I am painting with a broad brush here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X