Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    somewhat related topic, any suggestions when leaving a club, email, talk in person?
    Depends on what kind of relationship you have with the coach, as well as if you may cross paths again. If there's no love lost an email is fine. If he was helpful aand a decent coaxh, and you're leaving for other reasons (like your player is moving up the soccer ladder ) then a phone call is nice, but also not necessary

Comment

somewhat related topic, any suggestions when leaving a club, email, talk in person?
      Always speak to the coach directly.

Never e-mail.

They will want to know why.

This is a realitionship world, same
      as business.

Be honest and on the table.

Comment

Never e-mail.

as business.

Unless the coach is a di*k - face it some really are - then a polite email is fine. And if he's a di*k he doesn't care anyway. Otherwise yes in person is best. It's just being polite (even if it can be uncomfortable )

Comment

Never e-mail.

as business.

Most clubs and coaches do not have the courtesy to call or email if you do not make a team so turnabout is fair play.

Comment

Never e-mail.

as business.

If it's a large club and you are one of many players who tried out, why would you think that they would want to talk to you? :) In that case, an email is perfect. Just a quick polite "thank you for the opportunity but we have chosen a different path for next year.".

I can agree with the above IF you had a lot of personal correspondence with a coach or club personnel or if you attended a bunch of practices, if it's a small club that you have been involved with for awhile, etc... Otherwise, email is perfectly fine.

Comment

Email, "Thanks for the offer, Coach D'Arcy, but my daughter has decided to go in a different direction. Good luck with your season."

Comment

Always say, "It's not you...it's me". And then explain that you're just not ready to be in a relationship.

Comment

Tell them to go duck themselves

Comment

It really doesn't matter. Just say you decline and move on. Email is fine. As a coach it doesn't matter. Just want to know so we can move on to next player

Comment

Declining an offer from a club

It really doesn't matter. Just say you decline and move on. Email is fine. As a coach it doesn't matter. Just want to know so we can move on to next player
                      Isn't that a telling response from a coach? Now that is a coach I want my kid to play for, NOT. What an *****hole.

Comment

Isn't that a telling response from a coach? Now that is a coach I want my kid to play for, NOT. What an *****hole.
                        First - it's TS so take it for what it's worth
                        Second - yeah it's a business. They need to know who their players are because if you haven't told them yet they have other customers willing to take your kids' spot. Get over it.

Comment

First - it's TS so take it for what it's worth
                          Second - yeah it's a business. They need to know who their players are because if you haven't told them yet they have other customers willing to take your kids' spot. Get over it.
                          First off moron, I know exactly how it works. My point was that a coach came on here and made that comment, which while you may know how it works, it is pretty callous to come out and say. Second, I don't need a lecture from you. Yes I know how it works but don't act like you know what you are talking about and that there is a line of talent waiting in the wings. You are the typical TS parent that comes on here and bashes kids. My point was simply that the coach's comment was callous.

Comment

First off moron, I know exactly how it works. My point was that a coach came on here and made that comment, which while you may know how it works, it is pretty callous to come out and say. Second, I don't need a lecture from you. Yes I know how it works but don't act like you know what you are talking about and that there is a line of talent waiting in the wings. You are the typical TS parent that comes on here and bashes kids. My point was simply that the coach's comment was callous.
                            And some of them are callous. Doesn't mean they aren't good coaches. Stick with rec if you want your kids to be coddled past U12.

not the poster

Comment

And some of them are callous. Doesn't mean they aren't good coaches. Stick with rec if you want your kids to be coddled past U12.

not the poster
                              Not the poster either but what does rec have to do with a coach being callous? Are you implying that coach's at a certain level don't have to be human? Wow, you are as dumb as the other dude. Being a human being has no correlation to the level of play. And that is why people like you never get anywhere in life being you think that once you reach a "certain level" you can act anyway you like. I am very successful in the business world but I treat people like human beings. Just because I have reached a certain level does not give me the right to treat people poorly. Glad I do not associate with trash like you.

Comment

You're overreacting. You sound like a parent who thinks their daughter is better than she is. The OP is correct. Turn them down and move on. But they really don't care. Other than maybe 2-3 kids in an age group, the rest are replaceable. Get over yourself if you think they're going to be crushed if your daughter leaves. They'll probably miss her but be overjoyed to not have to deal with you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X