Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well having the B license doesn't guarantee good coaching either. Strange times at BS.
    That's definitely true - been there, done that. But all the Python coaches have done is assemble some talented local YOUNG kids together and made a few teams, some of which aren't even that good (see standings).

https://www.ccsoccerleague.com/html/...nding-list.asp

Comment

That's definitely true - been there, done that. But all the Python coaches have done is assemble some talented local YOUNG kids together and made a few teams, some of which aren't even that good (see standings).

And both guys who put all those young teams together are now gone for reasons undisclosed by the new north director.

Comment

Even in the standings where they are above #4 it's in the weaker division

Comment

Yo mad respek fo da Osama. No socca drama

Comment

Yo mad respek fo da Osama. No socca drama
            Wait until he has to start dealing with BS parents. Completely different animal than what he's used to .

Comment

The success of a club does not hinge on 1-2 coaches, or a single uLittle team, or a specific facility. It's a combination of all of these factors and much more. Even the best clubs have a bad coach or field a team with individually talented kids who are or not coachable or can't play together. I've known clubs with amazing facilities have crappy programs and clubs who practice in baseball outfields have scary good teams.

The question about the future of BS can only be answered when looking at all aspects of the full program. I do agree with most of the posts that say some of these changes are likely not good for BS (or the kids involved). However, I'm not convinced they signal the start of a decline for the entire program or an impending death. Just as easily, they can hire an amazing coach tomorrow and field a national champion team in a year. There are factors they can control and some they can't.

There is no denying it's one of the strongest clubs in the area and generally does a great job. It may be a great club for some kids/parents and may the worst place on earth for others. Despite everyone's strong opinions, there are a number of excellent options in CT for both boys and girls.

Generally, there is parity when the various CT clubs play each other. There are occasional blowouts here or there in a particular age group or with a particular team. However having 4 kids playing on 3 different teams for the last 6+ years, i've seen a lot of soccer and despite the ups and downs, the CT clubs (when looking at the whole club - not a single "star team") are all very competitive and pretty close in quality.

Rather than arguing which club is better or which one is going down, a more worthwhile thread would be discussing how CT soccer, in general, can improve to be more competitive with clubs from other states. CT teams have had occasional success at various national or regional tournaments. However, compared to clubs from NJ, PA, VA that CONSISTENTLY dominate at the national level, our state is far behind.

If MK and the other club leaders can put their egos aside, perhaps they can find a way to improve the state of soccer for ALL kids in the state.

Comment

AD of BS player of the year for DAP East Conference 17/18

Congrats ..great accomplishment for the first year player. Shows that great players can be found anywhere

Comment

AD of BS player of the year for DAP East Conference 17/18

Congrats ..great accomplishment for the first year player. Shows that great players can be found anywhere
                  Playing at UCONN this Fall. Did he come to BS from AC Connecticut?
                  Kid is quite the talent!

Comment

Playing at UCONN this Fall. Did he come to BS from AC Connecticut?
                    Kid is quite the talent!
                    Yes played for ACC before BS. From Brookfield HS of SWC and Class M

Let's hope he can get some playtime at UCONN as a freshman. Ray Reid doesn't play a deep bench

Comment

Let's hope he can get some playtime at UCONN as a freshman. Ray Reid doesn't play a deep bench
                      NP, also from BS, played in 17 games as a Freshman last season.

Comment

NP, also from BS, played in 17 games as a Freshman last season.
                        Yes you are correct. Niko played a lot and contributed. He was in the rotation

It's definitely not out of the question

Comment

Yet they have a huge bench - 35 currently listed on the roster with 6 GK. He's a great player and wish him the best. I hope really likes the school because the odds aren't great. And what GK in their right mind wants to be on a program with that many?

Comment

Yet they have a huge bench - 35 currently listed on the roster with 6 GK. He's a great player and wish him the best. I hope really likes the school because the odds aren't great. And what GK in their right mind wants to be on a program with that many?
                            That's last year roster. Not a lot of current news/PR about this years Men's team

Ray Reid did go crazy bringing in a lot freshman GKers last year. From what I heard he was not very transparent that there would be that many new keepers

This year brought in a young transfer from Syracuse.

At least one of the freshmen keepers is gone .. I wouldn't be surprised to see more gone too once roster gets published.

Comment

That's last year roster. Not a lot of current news/PR about this years Men's team

Ray Reid did go crazy bringing in a lot freshman GKers last year. From what I heard he was not very transparent that there would be that many new keepers

This year brought in a young transfer from Syracuse.

At least one of the freshmen keepers is gone .. I wouldn't be surprised to see more gone too once roster gets published.
                              Just because it was last year's doesn't mean this year's will be better. However, I'm sure potential recruits looked at that list and said no thanks, along with some players leaving, or even quitting, because they had no shot of playing

Comment

Just because it was last year's doesn't mean this year's will be better. However, I'm sure potential recruits looked at that list and said no thanks, along with some players leaving, or even quitting, because they had no shot of playing
                                I agree that it may be representative of this year. Especially with only 9.9 scholarships. Just pointing that out it was last years. UCONN get your act together. What's up with all the secrecy

Hopefully not the number of young keepers. That's crazy for a position that only one player typically plays. Levene has started all but a handful of games the last several years

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X