Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Whilst I understand your Pov I dont agree with it. Who arbitrarily decides what the peak of competition is? Why u6-U12? Who puts these teams together? Winning is largely about size and scale. It is about depth. So should CLub A have no issues with 28 on a roster even if that means kids play less ? I think they should becasue I think they are taking your $$ to develop and train - NOT primarily to win. That is a byproduct of many things that you , the consumer have no control over.

Do I believe that once on the field most kids try and win? Sure. But that does not mean it should be the ONLY goal.

It all comes down to where and when winning becomes important to you and how you define it
    When the pay for and the refs get all dressed up, when they keep score and keep standings, when you kid puts on the fancy clothes in her kit and you just drove 200 ****ing miles
    Thats a bunch of clues on when you should focus on winning.
    Playing right? What does that mean? Play the game by the rules is playing right
    Itis your only responsibility- the style you play is up to you

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      When the pay for and the refs get all dressed up, when they keep score and keep standings, when you kid puts on the fancy clothes in her kit and you just drove 200 ****ing miles
      Thats a bunch of clues on when you should focus on winning.
      Playing right? What does that mean? Play the game by the rules is playing right
      Itis your only responsibility- the style you play is up to you

They keep score in rec soccer. It is important when you are getting paid to do it. Until that point I will look on the whole thing as part of development.

For my kid, College is where it becomes important. For yours, who knows.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X