• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hmmm, who to believe, i'd put my money on EM
    Do you want to buy a bridge?

Comment

Do you want to buy a bridge?
      Do you mean the bridge that SUSA is selling?

Comment

Ok, so I looked it up and it seems this Eddie guy doesn't "run the damn program" he is the boy's DOC, so no-he has nothing to do with my daughter's team. And tbh, my top priority is 100%, my own kid. I'm sorry your son's town team broke up, but that has zero influence over the decisions my family will make regarding where my daughter plays soccer.
        My kid moved over to Susa when her club ISA did 2 years ago. Here's some info I can give you from our experience thus far.
        -You are right that this Eddie guy has zero to do with the girls program. We've been there 2 years and have never met or even heard of him. He has never been to one of my kid's practices, games, tournaments, clinics etc. Ron is the girls DOC and we knew him from ISA and always liked him and his wife.
        -Aside from my kid's coach, we've interacted with Ron & Sue, Moussa, Nir, Tim & Kim. Again, no guy named Eddie. Tim and Kim will be particularly helpful in determining the most appropriate college path for your kid. Tim is the superintendent of Bayport and Kim, his wife, is the college placement counselor for St. Anthony's. They definitely make things way less intimidating!
        -My kid has never gone to a training or a game and have no trainer or coach show up. Once in a while someone would sub in for her coach, but we always knew a couple days in advance, it was posted in team chat group. We low key like it, bc it's good to switch things up and get different feedback from different coaches.
        -We like you, were wrestling with the whole ECNL thing. The distance from where we live to EMSC or Albertson was a real put off for years, but GDA made things that much more complicated and restrictive on the recruiting front-needless to say, we were psyched when Susa got ECNL.
        -My kid is really excited about soccer. Her team just went to Nationals where they had an awesome time. They talked a lot about next year and what they planned to work on as players and people, it was a mix of kids who will be on ECNL, NPL and how you said "bubble players". I think they're especially excited about the increased overnights, lol.

I like the idea of my kid being with a bigger club. My oldest wasn't and every season questioned whether or not they'd be able to field a team. She played many times with no subs, man down or a couple of kids who were 1-3 years younger. If her coach couldn't make a practice-it got cancelled, if her coach couldn't make a game-it had to get rescheduled or forfeited. We stuck it out for a couple years, but eventually she moved to a bigger club. I'm not saying there aren't smaller clubs or individual teams that are successful, competitive and committed, they're just not that prevalent. Good luck to your daughter, hope she had a great year!!!

Comment

My kid moved over to Susa when her club ISA did 2 years ago. Here's some info I can give you from our experience thus far.
          -You are right that this Eddie guy has zero to do with the girls program. We've been there 2 years and have never met or even heard of him. He has never been to one of my kid's practices, games, tournaments, clinics etc. Ron is the girls DOC and we knew him from ISA and always liked him and his wife.
          -Aside from my kid's coach, we've interacted with Ron & Sue, Moussa, Nir, Tim & Kim. Again, no guy named Eddie. Tim and Kim will be particularly helpful in determining the most appropriate college path for your kid. Tim is the superintendent of Bayport and Kim, his wife, is the college placement counselor for St. Anthony's. They definitely make things way less intimidating!
          -My kid has never gone to a training or a game and have no trainer or coach show up. Once in a while someone would sub in for her coach, but we always knew a couple days in advance, it was posted in team chat group. We low key like it, bc it's good to switch things up and get different feedback from different coaches.
          -We like you, were wrestling with the whole ECNL thing. The distance from where we live to EMSC or Albertson was a real put off for years, but GDA made things that much more complicated and restrictive on the recruiting front-needless to say, we were psyched when Susa got ECNL.
          -My kid is really excited about soccer. Her team just went to Nationals where they had an awesome time. They talked a lot about next year and what they planned to work on as players and people, it was a mix of kids who will be on ECNL, NPL and how you said "bubble players". I think they're especially excited about the increased overnights, lol.

I like the idea of my kid being with a bigger club. My oldest wasn't and every season questioned whether or not they'd be able to field a team. She played many times with no subs, man down or a couple of kids who were 1-3 years younger. If her coach couldn't make a practice-it got cancelled, if her coach couldn't make a game-it had to get rescheduled or forfeited. We stuck it out for a couple years, but eventually she moved to a bigger club. I'm not saying there aren't smaller clubs or individual teams that are successful, competitive and committed, they're just not that prevalent. Good luck to your daughter, hope she had a great year!!!
          Your daughter is on the A team. I said from the beginning that the A teams are treated very well. It's the rest of the kids and parents that are taken advantage of.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X