Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-17-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Travel is absurd for kids this age. There has to be a better way. Maybe making the divisions even smaller and adding a team or two. I know that dilutes the product, but the travel is a problem for many.
It's already too diluted. The degree of overlap between DA and ECNL is already massive. Find the club with the best coaching that's a reasonable distance from your house. Save the travel for HS if that's what she wants later on.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-17-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Easy - make DA about the nation;s truly top talent, let the rest play in ECNL or other leagues, play HS sports and play in college, That's all 99% of the players want anyway. Work with the leagues on training and development. Give the top 1% the intensive training they need in a residence program. Scout the other leagues for the talent. Make it a true pyramid with a very small pinnacle rather than what is essentially a rectangle at this point.
Some one is always talking about residence programs. They already exist but are frightfully expensive. just not a realistic option.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-17-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hahaha, not many GDA lovers here, such is life. My daughter plays for NYCFC and we are very happy with the training she has received, its much better than her former ECNL team, much. We are not interested in NT, we are only interested in getting her into the best school, and hopefully this was the correct decision.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-17-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hahaha, not many GDA lovers here, such is life. My daughter plays for NYCFC and we are very happy with the training she has received, its much better than her former ECNL team, much. We are not interested in NT, we are only interested in getting her into the best school, and hopefully this was the correct decision.
loving nycfc and loving gda are two entirely different things. One is a good club and the other is another over size, over done league with some good clubs and some bad clubs.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-18-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hahaha, not many GDA lovers here, such is life. My daughter plays for NYCFC and we are very happy with the training she has received, its much better than her former ECNL team, much. We are not interested in NT, we are only interested in getting her into the best school, and hopefully this was the correct decision.
Some GDA clubs are just terrible; come on your kid has played some of them already, admit it. You happen to be at a better one. Not every player has a good club nearby and have to chose based on what is available to them. All GDA has done is split the talent and resources and it's strengths/weaknesses varies a great deal location to location.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-23-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some GDA clubs are just terrible; come on your kid has played some of them already, admit it. You happen to be at a better one. Not every player has a good club nearby and have to chose based on what is available to them. All GDA has done is split the talent and resources and it's strengths/weaknesses varies a great deal location to location.
Yes, it all depends on the clubs available and how far you are willing to commute.

The GDA extension to U13 is definitely a reaction to ECNL starting at U13 this year and pre-ECNL at U12 (playing 9v9). Many higher-level players move clubs at those ages to join a ECNL club when they are outgrowing their current club team. Right now, the best players would likely be in ECNL at U13 then be faced with switching clubs/teams to move to GDA at U14. By moving it down, it gives the option straight away to enter the GDA club and carry forward with that.

It will be interesting next year -- there are many in GDA currently that are not happy (for a variety of reasons -- cost, perceived value, poor coaching, playing time, etc.). Really what US Soccer should be doing is kicking out the bad clubs and making it what it should have been in the first place -- an elite environment for only the best with consistent coaching and facilities.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-23-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There are a lot of disgruntled families that were part of the DA on LI and most of the parents I know from Fury are really frustrated. The same issues you have/had with ECNL sounds like are actually worse at DA. LISC will be biggest benefactor. Itís only because people are running from other options and not necessarily running to LISC.

Anyone else hearing similar?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-23-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, it all depends on the clubs available and how far you are willing to commute.

The GDA extension to U13 is definitely a reaction to ECNL starting at U13 this year and pre-ECNL at U12 (playing 9v9). Many higher-level players move clubs at those ages to join a ECNL club when they are outgrowing their current club team. Right now, the best players would likely be in ECNL at U13 then be faced with switching clubs/teams to move to GDA at U14. By moving it down, it gives the option straight away to enter the GDA club and carry forward with that.

It will be interesting next year -- there are many in GDA currently that are not happy (for a variety of reasons -- cost, perceived value, poor coaching, playing time, etc.). Really what US Soccer should be doing is kicking out the bad clubs and making it what it should have been in the first place -- an elite environment for only the best with consistent coaching and facilities.
It's a move to get more market share, pure and simple. More GDA teams means fewer players in ECNL. No way GDA kicks clubs out anytime after one year; 2-3 at least if not longer (they'll use the newness of the league as an excuse); If anything they want to expand so they don't want to cut. Also, doing it quickly makes them look foolish/highlight their mistakes. BDA does relegate but not often and not after a period of probation.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-23-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are a lot of disgruntled families that were part of the DA on LI and most of the parents I know from Fury are really frustrated. The same issues you have/had with ECNL sounds like are actually worse at DA. LISC will be biggest benefactor. Itís only because people are running from other options and not necessarily running to LISC.

Anyone else hearing similar?
Interesting point on LISC being the benefactor of unhappy parents. Would those Fury parents go back to Alby ECNL or would they see that as just more of the same with the same trainers?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-24-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Interesting point on LISC being the benefactor of unhappy parents. Would those Fury parents go back to Alby ECNL or would they see that as just more of the same with the same trainers?
I would think no. Donít know, but I would guess hey would go LISC.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.