Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging for tryouts?

Do clubs usually charge to try out? Just found out that I need to pay $20 for my kid to tryout at a particular club. Never heard of this before. Have I just been lucky?

I have seen it before. Not always and it has changed while within the same club, too.

Comment

Don't waste your time with a club charging for tryouts!

Comment

Good chance the club will nickle and dime you the whole season for various things. Stay clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Good chance the club will nickle and dime you the whole season for various things. Stay clear.
          6 years of club. Two kids. Probably been to about 8 tryouts and never been charged.

Comment

Never, and with three kids we've done plenty of tryouts. Only ODP charged and that was a million years ago when my oldest did it.

Comment

The clubs that charge are local small clubs and/or town travel teams. They do it because they would have a lot of people sign up and not show up. The fee is a way for them to ensure those who register will likely show. It’s unheard of at the big clubs.

Comment

I've never seen it for club soccer and have been to many different clubs. Very common for other sports like AAU basketball and club field hockey.

Comment

The clubs that charge are local small clubs and/or town travel teams. They do it because they would have a lot of people sign up and not show up. The fee is a way for them to ensure those who register will likely show. It’s unheard of at the big clubs.
                  Seacoast United charges! They're not NEFC but they're not small either.

Comment

Nefc is paying for you to try out.

Comment

They still do? Two years ago they charged, not last year and not when we registered this year either.

Comment

$20 to tryout in NH this year.

Comment

Seacoast doesn't charge. Just went to one in Amesbury two weeks ago and it was free.

Comment

Seacoast doesn't charge. Just went to one in Amesbury two weeks ago and it was free.
                            That was an ID day. Went to that too. Regular tryouts in June, at the main location in Epping, absolutely come with a $20 charge. Easily found on the website registration form. But hey, they do give you a "free" t-shirt.

Comment

That was an ID day. Went to that too. Regular tryouts in June, at the main location in Epping, absolutely come with a $20 charge. Easily found on the website registration form. But hey, they do give you a "free" t-shirt.
                              Guess they are looking more for profits than players ..... NEVER!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X