Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major gda announcements begin thursday and friday .....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why? Do you want to say whatever you want but not hear what you don't want. The amount of attention is only noticed when someone exposes the sad truth about DA.
    Sad truth is ECNL is being shunned. Over the next few years any kid with talent will leave for da.

Sidelining of ECNL has begun. The U16 USWNT announced this week now has zero ECNL players:

GOALKEEPERS (2): Nona Reason (San Diego Surf; San Clemente; Calif.), Teagan Wy (West Coast FC; Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (6): Elise Evans (San Jose Earthquakes; Redwood City, Calif.), Kayleigh Herr (NC Courage; Cary, NC), Elle Piper (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose, Calif.), Evelyn Shores (Tophat; Atlanta, Ga.), Maggie Taitano (San Diego Surf; Carlsbad, Calif.), Gisele Thompson (Real So Cal; Studio City, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Sydney Becerra (Solar SC; Lewisville, Tx.), Danielle Davis (FC Fury NY; Port Washington), Juliauna Hayward (Real Colorado; Thornton, Colo.), Peyton Marcisz (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose), Olivia Moultrie (Portland Thorns FC; Portland, Ore.)

FORWARDS (7): Ella Eggleston (Lonestar Academy; Austin, Tx.), Mia Minestrella (Beach FC; Redondo Beach, Calif.), Katherine Rader (Weston FC; Stuart, Fla.), Julia Saunicheva (San Jose Earthquakes; Santa Clara, Calif.), Jaedyn Shaw (FC Dallas; Frisco, Tex.), Alyssa Thompson (Real So Cal; Studio City, Calif.), Alivia Uribe (Reign Academy; Seattle, Wash.)

Comment

Not a selling point for us, to be honest. We are a part of DA and have no qualms about it. Need to choose what is best available for us. Travel much farther to play on a B team and deal with the coaching headaches? No thanks.

Not a perfect league by any stretch, but take away a few warts that each league has and it's just fine.

Not looking at NT and we ignore that carrot. Colleges are interested and, frankly, in the end that's all we care about.

Comment

Not a selling point for us, to be honest. We are a part of DA and have no qualms about it. Need to choose what is best available for us. Travel much farther to play on a B team and deal with the coaching headaches? No thanks.

Not a perfect league by any stretch, but take away a few warts that each league has and it's just fine.

Not looking at NT and we ignore that carrot. Colleges are interested and, frankly, in the end that's all we care about.
        You don’t have to aspire to be a nt invite, but you must acknowledge that the best players will end up in da because that’s where the best players will be. Good players want to play against good competition. Let’s not ignore more eyeballs will be on this league as the talent leaves ECNL making that league an expensive NPL

Comment

Ecnl is not shunned by the players or their families in the NE. But your NT player will have to go to gda and play with and against the 3 other NT players from the NE.

Comment

Ecnl is not shunned by the players or their families in the NE. But your NT player will have to go to gda and play with and against the 3 other NT players from the NE.
            Maybe not in the NE, for now.

Comment

Maybe not in the NE, for now.
              Last time I checked, Mass is in the NE.

Comment

You don’t have to aspire to be a nt invite, but you must acknowledge that the best players will end up in da because that’s where the best players will be. Good players want to play against good competition. Let’s not ignore more eyeballs will be on this league as the talent leaves ECNL making that league an expensive NPL
                Time will tell, but I understand your point. I am only stating that my eyes roll if USSoccer comes at me with the NT carrot. Not a reality. College exposure is a secondary offshoot of the program and what most target. I understand that exposure can be in ECNL as well. Just not an option for us.

Unless you are an NT target, the league dlck-measuring is just comedy.

Comment

Time will tell, but I understand your point. I am only stating that my eyes roll if USSoccer comes at me with the NT carrot. Not a reality. College exposure is a secondary offshoot of the program and what most target. I understand that exposure can be in ECNL as well. Just not an option for us.

Unless you are an NT target, the league dlck-measuring is just comedy.
                  Very true, but the ecnl used to carry on about NT service non stop. It was silly when they did it and it is silly when the gda does it

Comment

Let's be realistic: It will be a few more years before this is all settled. Anyone in 8th grade or high school now will still be looked at regardless of whether they play DA or ECNL. It's the next set of parents that will really have to figure this out. There are many very good players in New England, but the reality is there's only 2-3 NT quality and it's not your daughter or mine.

Comment

Let's be realistic: It will be a few more years before this is all settled. Anyone in 8th grade or high school now will still be looked at regardless of whether they play DA or ECNL. It's the next set of parents that will really have to figure this out. There are many very good players in New England, but the reality is there's only 2-3 NT quality and it's not your daughter or mine.
                      That is why using NT service as a carrot or threat is so empty and unimpressively manipulative regardless of what organization does it.

Comment

Sad truth is ECNL is being shunned. Over the next few years any kid with talent will leave for da.

Sidelining of ECNL has begun. The U16 USWNT announced this week now has zero ECNL players:

GOALKEEPERS (2): Nona Reason (San Diego Surf; San Clemente; Calif.), Teagan Wy (West Coast FC; Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (6): Elise Evans (San Jose Earthquakes; Redwood City, Calif.), Kayleigh Herr (NC Courage; Cary, NC), Elle Piper (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose, Calif.), Evelyn Shores (Tophat; Atlanta, Ga.), Maggie Taitano (San Diego Surf; Carlsbad, Calif.), Gisele Thompson (Real So Cal; Studio City, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Sydney Becerra (Solar SC; Lewisville, Tx.), Danielle Davis (FC Fury NY; Port Washington), Juliauna Hayward (Real Colorado; Thornton, Colo.), Peyton Marcisz (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose), Olivia Moultrie (Portland Thorns FC; Portland, Ore.)

FORWARDS (7): Ella Eggleston (Lonestar Academy; Austin, Tx.), Mia Minestrella (Beach FC; Redondo Beach, Calif.), Katherine Rader (Weston FC; Stuart, Fla.), Julia Saunicheva (San Jose Earthquakes; Santa Clara, Calif.), Jaedyn Shaw (FC Dallas; Frisco, Tex.), Alyssa Thompson (Real So Cal; Studio City, Calif.), Alivia Uribe (Reign Academy; Seattle, Wash.)
                        The top 25 players will be forced into DA and 800 of the next 1000 will be in ECNL. I wonder which league will be better?

Comment

The top 25 players will be forced into DA and 800 of the next 1000 will be in ECNL. I wonder which league will be better?
                          If you're a NT player out west, go ahead to GDA. Good clubs and competition to help hone skills. If you're out here, not so much. The one NY player is from Fury and she's playing against clubs like Seacoast or LISC next year. The only club that's a challenge in the NE is NEFC.

Comment

If you're a NT player out west, go ahead to GDA. Good clubs and competition to help hone skills. If you're out here, not so much. The one NY player is from Fury and she's playing against clubs like Seacoast or LISC next year. The only club that's a challenge in the NE is NEFC.
                            False

Comment

The best 04 player on the East Coast continues to be left off the list because she plays for an ECNL team. This is shameful on US Soccer’s part. I’m not taking anything away from any of the girls listed, but to shun better players is the reason our National teams are where they are now excluding the full women’s team. Our kids no longer aspire to play on a National team. Watch as more and more American girls fangirl over the Sam Kerr’s and Sydney Schneider’s

Comment

False
                                How so? Back up your statement or step away from the keyboard

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X