Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good point. Over many years the players have never seen him come watch a practice or be engaged with the players. His job is to evaluate the coaches and training programs too.
    Saw Bolowich at the beach, but I have never seen him working at our club. What a bad decision by the board!

Comment

I am at Armada. Spent 2 years of misery at FESA

Times I sople with Sean Bubb 0
      Times I sople with Shirley Mail 0
      Times I spoke with John Scotty 0
      Times I spoke with Matt Schmitt 0
      Times I spoke with Mike Schmit 0

Both kids are at Armada now. Can't say It's much better.

Times I spoke with DOC 0
      Times I spoke with any BOD member 0
      ECNL coaches 0
      DA coaches 0
      Grounds Keeper Randy 112 times
      No matter how you wrap it...both clubs have their goods and bads. I choose to drive 2 minutes instead of 30 and dealing with Jax traffic. It's really that simple for me. I talk to DD's coach on occasion but otherwise worry about doing homework, other kids activities, basketball, Religious Ed....the list goes on.

Comment

You missed the point FESA but that is typical. The poster did not say whether Bubb is "seen" at Veterans but can he not devote 1 hour of 'dedicated' time during a practice or a game for every travel team at Veterans? Not walking by mumbling some gibberish but actually showing the players some real interest and attention. How many travel teams are there? 1 hour per team. How much of his 2,000 hours working per year would that take????
        Not a huge Bubb fan but the guy is there all the time. He has 3 teams, runs practice for other coaches if they have an emergency, and works hard. You can call him a lot of things but lazy is not one of them.

Comment

What is it that you are sick of with Bubb. The days of taking the club back and running like a neighborhood club are over. If you have issues or concerns attend a meeting and air your concerns or get on the board instead of complaining.
          Are the meeting times advertised anywhere?

Comment

No matter how you wrap it...both clubs have their goods and bads. I choose to drive 2 minutes instead of 30 and dealing with Jax traffic. It's really that simple for me. I talk to DD's coach on occasion but otherwise worry about doing homework, other kids activities, basketball, Religious Ed....the list goes on.
            Most with a family have to often be juggling more than one soccer child and location must be close. Have to trust Bubb hires coaches who are teaching the skills and care about the kids.

Comment

Saw Bolowich at the beach, but I have never seen him working at our club. What a bad decision by the board!
              Meanwhile Bolo relaxing at the beach!

Comment

Does Armada post its board meetings and make its minutes and financials known to its membership?

Comment

Does Armada post its board meetings and make its minutes and financials known to its membership?
                  Not sure...FESA parent that asked that question....

Comment

Why wait for a meeting. If you are that concerned email him and ask for a meeting. The guy works his butt off. I'm not sure how anyone could label him as lazy.

Comment

Not sure...FESA parent that asked that question....
                      Armada's Board is elected by the team mom's vote who votes 1 vote on behalf of her team.

Comment

Comment

BS!!! Must be because you are not at our club. I saw Bolo at the club all the time since he started in January until the end of the season. Not sure what he does in his summer but I assume enjoying the beach like a normal person is an approved activity for an executive director living in Florida.

Comment

Not a huge Bubb fan but the guy is there all the time. He has 3 teams, runs practice for other coaches if they have an emergency, and works hard. You can call him a lot of things but lazy is not one of them.
                            You keep dodging the point. For the money he is making, Bubb owes the youth program a lot more visibility than just coaching his 3 teams and a seasonal pep rally for the club. If he chooses not to show up and dedicated some time to all teams (min. 1 hr. per year), then he is probably being lazy or busy chasing USL2 money for himself while neglecting the rest of the club.

Comment

You keep dodging the point. For the money he is making, Bubb owes the youth program a lot more visibility than just coaching his 3 teams and a seasonal pep rally for the club. If he chooses not to show up and dedicated some time to all teams (min. 1 hr. per year), then he is probably being lazy or busy chasing USL2 money for himself while neglecting the rest of the club.
                              Bubb could care less about teams below A team level. Unless he wants your money or brag about some meaningless Commissioners Cup wins, he ain't got time for you or cares less to dedicated any of his time to show up with any interest rather than just walk on by laughing at the fidiots that pay for D team travel soccer.

Comment

That's part of the problem. Monday morning at Veterans, you either won, or lost. Not important how you did it. So short term gain is always the motivation for the coaches, not development, not learnt, sustainable skills. And considering Bubb is never there, how does he know what's going on...he's too busy getting the Adult league up and running so he can start charging "player agent" fees to channel into his LLC. But this is how things work at FESA...every decision is made to benefit the adults using kids soccer as a paycheck...nothing more.

Five years on...what is measurable? FESA is still building, still adding, still something very exciting getting ready to happen...but never now. Always the future...what is now? Adults in short pants and sneakers getting rich.
                                TRUTH!!! And many FESA parents know it. Don't like it but don't know what to do. They are hostages.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X