Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Notice how every single time the TBU parents completely ignore the topic which is the poor record of their ECNL Programs?
    It’s really hilarious! 😆
    Since you are so obsessed with TBU's poor record, why don't you show us the record that you are so proud of? Post the record of your club (in whatever, um, league your in) and do a direct comparison to TBU's ECNL record. Then we can discuss from a comparative perspective.

Comment

There is a lot of misinformation in these "alternative facts". I will not take the time to set each of these straight but each one of these, at best, is "mis-informed" and in reality, is "flat-out wrong." Or to say it, politely, none of these match our kid's experience.

1. guess they don't realize that 98% of the kids play for other reasons and don't desire to play in college
      2. Many kids "could" play in college but elect not to in lieu of studies
      3. Very few kids actually get scholarships in the big scheme of things
      4. Even fewer kids are able to keep their scholarships for 4 years
      5. Many of the scholarships are low dollar amounts, yet they tout a "commitment"
      Agreed, like starting with #1 and #2. Doesn't seem to jive when a parent posts something like "My kid is a very high level player and plays for all the right reasons. They don't need the fancy leagues, the expensive travel, the National Championship competition, the college recruiting - they play because they just love the game of soccer. But they don't want to play in college."

If they are talented players and they just love to play the game of soccer - why would they stop at 18 and not play for 4-5 more years at an even higher level?

Comment

There is a lot of misinformation in these "alternative facts". I will not take the time to set each of these straight but each one of these, at best, is "mis-informed" and in reality, is "flat-out wrong." Or to say it, politely, none of these match our kid's experience.

I guess they don't realize that 98% of the kids play for other reasons and don't desire to play in college
        2. Many kids "could" play in college but elect not to in lieu of studies
        3. Very few kids actually get scholarships in the big scheme of things
        4. Even fewer kids are able to keep their scholarships for 4 years
        5. Many of the scholarships are low dollar amounts, yet they tout a "commitment"
        What is this obsession with the money. For many parents (fortunately) it's not about the money. Any scholarship is a bonus but is NOT in any way the driving force behind trying to play in college.

And by the way, #2 is the classic "I could have gone pro but I chose not to"... Ummmm yeah, we all believe you....

Comment

Since you are so obsessed with TBU's poor record, why don't you show us the record that you are so proud of? Post the record of your club (in whatever, um, league your in) and do a direct comparison to TBU's ECNL record. Then we can discuss from a comparative perspective.
          I think the point has been made over and over again that there is not a club in Florida that would be considered competitive regardless of the program offered

The programs at TBU are just as far behind as every single other club, yet to hear the people at that club you would think that they are competing at the national level at all age groups. It’s absolutely ridiculous

Comment

But nationally over 90 percent of kids that were playing ECNL when it “was the premiere league” went on to play in college.
            So what exact is “the premiere league” now???? ;)

Asking for a friend :).....is it true that last year the TBU ECNL 03 Girls girls tied the Celtic (CDL 03 Girls) in a scrimmage? Also didn’t that same TBU ECNL 03 team lose players this year to that same Celtic (CDL and FSPL) team??

Comment

What is this obsession with the money. For many parents (fortunately) it's not about the money. Any scholarship is a bonus but is NOT in any way the driving force behind trying to play in college.

And by the way, #2 is the classic "I could have gone pro but I chose not to"... Ummmm yeah, we all believe you....
              Big difference going pro and playing college. Many kids choose the best academic school they can get into even if that school's soccer program is above their level. Sure they could play at Northwest Idaho Tech or one of 100s of other colleges out there but lining up a school's academic and soccer program is not as easy. A lot less so for kids whose parents can't write the big tuition check so their kid can play at some D3 private school. Or conversely some also do not want to be one of 32 on soccer roster just so they can say they "played" in college.

Comment

So what exact is “the premiere league” now???? ;)

Asking for a friend :).....is it true that last year the TBU ECNL 03 Girls girls tied the Celtic (CDL 03 Girls) in a scrimmage? Also didn’t that same TBU ECNL 03 team lose players this year to that same Celtic (CDL and FSPL) team??
                Point was not so much about what is the best league, or that TBU is doing anything special. If 90 percent of the kids who play ECNL or DA go on to play college and 90 percent at TBU do then they are not doing anything better than any other club in the nation that plays ECNL.

Comment

Point was not so much about what is the best league, or that TBU is doing anything special. If 90 percent of the kids who play ECNL or DA go on to play college and 90 percent at TBU do then they are not doing anything better than any other club in the nation that plays ECNL.
                  It would be interesting to get a breakdown of what percentage of the 90% of ECNL and DA players who go on to play in college play in the following:

1. D1 power 5 conferences
                  2. D1 other conferences
                  3. D2
                  4. D3
                  5. NAIA

Comment

It would be interesting to get a breakdown of what percentage of the 90% of ECNL and DA players who go on to play in college play in the following:

1. D1 power 5 conferences
                    2. D1 other conferences
                    3. D2
                    4. D3
                    5. NAIA
                    The quote was just said college, but I think there might be conference breakdown list out there. The answer to number 1, very very few. Same probably with Number 4, at least those that make up some the most elite schools academically.

Comment

I think the point has been made over and over again that there is not a club in Florida that would be considered competitive regardless of the program offered

The programs at TBU are just as far behind as every single other club, yet to hear the people at that club you would think that they are competing at the national level at all age groups. It’s absolutely ridiculous
                      Your circular logic is weak. "What I'm saying is every single club playing every single league in Florida would not be considered competitive but I am going to come on this web site every day and single out TBU for not being competitive - because they seem a little too happy over there." And "no, I'm not going to identify my club or our record for comparative purposes with TBU because then I would really look like a fool."

Comment

Nobody is saying TBU is doing anything special. The point was in response to someone slamming TBU for having a low percentage of OVERALL players at the club commiting to college and the answer was "hey moron, of course the percentage numbers are low. 98% of all college commits are from ECNL and DA. Coaches don't recruit from CDL, FSPL etc so on an overall percentage it's low but nationally TBU is spot on. About 95% of their ECNL players commit".

So find something else to slam like their winning record.

Comment

Your circular logic is weak. "What I'm saying is every single club playing every single league in Florida would not be considered competitive but I am going to come on this web site every day and single out TBU for not being competitive - because they seem a little too happy over there." And "no, I'm not going to identify my club or our record for comparative purposes with TBU because then I would really look like a fool."
                          Seriously? Have a drink and get a life!!

Comment

Just..... can’t....admit...there...is...an...issue
                            Look at the contortions this poster tried with their avoidance of the topic

Comment

Just..... can’t....admit...there...is...an...issue
                              Look at the contortions this poster tried with their avoidance of the topic
                              And yet you still don’t say what club your kid plays for.....

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                and yet you still don’t say what club your kid plays for.....
                                tbu!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X