Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hating someone for who they love is deplorable. No round up is necessary, but they will not have a say in the laws of the land.
    Just because you don't approve of marriage means you hate them. That is your overreaction. You can love your dog. Doesn't mean you should marry him.

Comment

Just because you don't approve of marriage means you hate them. That is your overreaction. You can love your dog. Doesn't mean you should marry him.
      Rick Santorum argument. Try again :) :) :) :)

Denying someone equal protection under the law because of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation may as well be hate. You see them as less equal than you.

Comment

As of now yes. There is a new SCOTUS, and states are coming after Roe v Wade. Gay marriage next. So yes they are actively going to change laws back.
        In your dreams Cons.

Comment

MR Trump and Pence do not accept gay and trans as normal conditions. Until recently, neither did a majority of Americans. E.g. Don't ask, don't tell, Gay marriage, etc,
          That is not what she is protesting. Stay on topix.

Comment

As of now yes. There is a new SCOTUS, and states are coming after Roe v Wade. Gay marriage next. So yes they are actively going to change laws back.
            You are correct....and this is precisely why Trump's election was such a threat to American democracy. They MUST be voted out. What's happening is embarrassing and dangerous.

Comment

Yet a majority of states 28 have banned gay marriage. Just like the election, the polls likely reflect huge pluralities in liberal elite states while middle america balks.
              Ya know, sometimes the thinking of the majority does need to advance...and doesn't, unfortunately, happen without a lot of blood and sweat. You should be embarrassed that so many still question whether being gay is "real" and whether gay marriage should be allowed. Also interesting to see you and Fox and that ilk always defend a Jaleane or whatever her name is while relentlessly going after folks like MR.

Comment

Ya know, sometimes the thinking of the majority does need to advance...and doesn't, unfortunately, happen without a lot of blood and sweat. You should be embarrassed that so many still question whether being gay is "real" and whether gay marriage should be allowed. Also interesting to see you and Fox and that ilk always defend a Jaleane or whatever her name is while relentlessly going after folks like MR.
                "that ilk" If one doesn't share your view, they are lumped into a pile. Who's sounds more like the bigot?

Honestly, you can't claim to embrace diversity, tolerance, and harmony, while blatantly disrespecting those who don't share your views

Comment

"that ilk" If one doesn't share your view, they are lumped into a pile. Who's sounds more like the bigot?

Honestly, you can't claim to embrace diversity, tolerance, and harmony, while blatantly disrespecting those who don't share your views
                  Honestly, you don't have to respect s view that places some people as less worthy, or less equal or less or a person then others because of race or gender or religion, or sexual orientation, or eye color, or height, or weight or any number of things. You can believe what you do but you if what you believe is prejudiced, then it has no place in the laws of this country. Keep those prejudiced ideas to yourself and your own community.

Comment

Not that poster but anyone who uses religion as an excuse to treat people differently, less than, deserves a degree of scorn. You can still be devout, have faith AND be a good person. Many of us have no tolerance for hypocrisy.

Comment

I believe in equality which is why I support Jaleane as well as MR. If the argument is the right to your own beliefs, then they both have the right of freedom of speech/protest.

Comment

I believe in equality which is why I support Jaleane as well as MR. If the argument is the right to your own beliefs, then they both have the right of freedom of speech/protest.
                        Shae can believe what she believes but if that belief is prejudiced, she should not be be on team USA.

Comment

Not that poster but anyone who uses religion as an excuse to treat people differently, less than, deserves a degree of scorn. You can still be devout, have faith AND be a good person. Many of us have no tolerance for hypocrisy.
                          We don't all have to agree, but we need to respect everyone right to disagree or agree. That's where the arguments loose many, when the "you must agree with me" attitude takes over on any topic.

Comment

We don't all have to agree, but we need to respect everyone right to disagree or agree. That's where the arguments loose many, when the "you must agree with me" attitude takes over on any topic.
                            I respect her right to her belief. But it is a prejudiced belief and I don't respect that. Beliefs like that are used to rationalize injustices.

Comment

She is still Clown.

Comment

Jaelene Hinkle's situation makes you realize the prejudice in this country against Christians. She is cut from the team ultimately because she is a Christian yet barely a word is spoken in the media or anywhere else about her.

Yet imagine the country wide outrage if Rapinoe was the one cut because she was a homosexual. That shows the true character of the players on the USWNT. (You'd also think they would be clamoring for a transsexual 'woman' to be on the team. But we all know why that won't happen.)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X