Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You obviously don’t know anything. GCT is a big club that recruits and gets poached from other states.

Fire loses players all the time to Sunrise/Weston just across alley. My oldest daughter personally travels 1.5 hours to train 3x a week. Next year she’ll be driving herself. I know a couple girls on the team travel more than I do. You are ignorant to think just because a club is t within 20 minutes doesn’t get poached.
    GCT recruits? I don’t think so. It isn’t a “big club” either. Not in comparison to FESA or TBU. We typically only have 1 team per age group. Sometimes 2. We do have girls going and playing ecnl out of state. A few on state so we lose them for much of a season. My daughter plays at the club but a different age group.

Comment

Should be a interesting game. Florida Fire had to go to double OT and penalty kicks today against Sunrise. I could see that playing a role in the final tomorrow. Texans are more fresh and have better coaching. Fire has the better team. My prediction is GCT 2 FF 1.
      I bet Papi is very sad today that sunrise lost

Comment

GCT recruits? I don’t think so. It isn’t a “big club” either. Not in comparison to FESA or TBU. We typically only have 1 team per age group. Sometimes 2. We do have girls going and playing ecnl out of state. A few on state so we lose them for much of a season. My daughter plays at the club but a different age group.
        My daughter plays for 2005 GCT. We are very honored to be where we are but also worked extremely hard. I don’t care what people say on here, to win that many in a row is thought for anyone. We’ve played Fire twice back-to-back earlier in season and split results. Should be a fun game.

I don’t know about recruiting, but we do have girls from out of the state that play for our club. We are near a few states, so it’s not saying much. We aren’t a club like FESA or TBU, but we do have a very good and solid club. Most families are happy.

Comment

Kendall

Kendall? Kendall? Anyone? Kendall?

...absent

Comment

My daughter plays for 2005 GCT. We are very honored to be where we are but also worked extremely hard. I don’t care what people say on here, to win that many in a row is thought for anyone. We’ve played Fire twice back-to-back earlier in season and split results. Should be a fun game.

I don’t know about recruiting, but we do have girls from out of the state that play for our club. We are near a few states, so it’s not saying much. We aren’t a club like FESA or TBU, but we do have a very good and solid club. Most families are happy.
            Congrats! Good luck today!

Comment

Yes I agree- GCT is a great club! We do get some players from AL but some of the AL players are closer to the fields than I am where I live. It is only 10 minutes across the border. Great job getting to the finals. Sorry you lost but good job still.

Comment

Kendall? Kendall? Anyone? Kendall?

...absent
                Lost 2-0 to a very solid and well coached Texans team.

Made it further than we expected when we started the season and did it with 12 players, which is nothing to be ashamed of.

Hats off to Florida Fire. Came back from being 2 goals down to Sunrise in the second half, won that game to make it to the Finals, and beat the Texans to win it all.

Comment

Lost 2-0 to a very solid and well coached Texans team.

Made it further than we expected when we started the season and did it with 12 players, which is nothing to be ashamed of.

Hats off to Florida Fire. Came back from being 2 goals down to Sunrise in the second half, won that game to make it to the Finals, and beat the Texans to win it all.
                  Good honest post and agreed.

Sunrise and WP were two favorites going in to State Cup. Florida Rush became one after Round 2, but somehow Fire beat two of those teams along with Cape and Texans. Congrats. Very well deserved.

Comment

Sunrise at the end of the day is just a Sunset!!!!!!

Comment

Good honest post and agreed.

Sunrise and WP were two favorites going in to State Cup. Florida Rush became one after Round 2, but somehow Fire beat two of those teams along with Cape and Texans. Congrats. Very well deserved.
                      Sunrise lost their focus trying out for SunPrime ECNL during State Cup... WP lost their focus trying out for Weston GDA. Otherwise, both would’ve been in the Final..
                      Kudos to Florida Fire for staying focused and united.

Comment

Sunrise lost their focus trying out for SunPrime ECNL during State Cup... WP lost their focus trying out for Weston GDA. Otherwise, both would’ve been in the Final..
                        You sir are a clown

Comment

Haha way to try and steal someone else’s spotlight. Sunrise, you can sit there and say you are more talented then other teams, but there comes a time when you have to accept your team, coach, and/or club did not live up to expectations.

Fire had by far hardest route to Finals and finished job. Give them credit. Sounds like your game was intense, but to let them come back from 0-2 down is on your team. Don’t try to say it’s because of tryouts? Everyone had tryouts a couple weeks ago, not just you.

WP, no idea what happened to you. My daughters team played you a few months ago and I thought you guys were great. Some collapse must have happened, but started before tryouts began at beginning of State Cup. It is what it is. Congrats Fire.

Comment

Haha way to try and steal someone else’s spotlight. Sunrise, you can sit there and say you are more talented then other teams, but there comes a time when you have to accept your team, coach, and/or club did not live up to expectations.

Fire had by far hardest route to Finals and finished job. Give them credit. Sounds like your game was intense, but to let them come back from 0-2 down is on your team. Don’t try to say it’s because of tryouts? Everyone had tryouts a couple weeks ago, not just you.

WP, no idea what happened to you. My daughters team played you a few months ago and I thought you guys were great. Some collapse must have happened, but started before tryouts began at beginning of State Cup. It is what it is. Congrats Fire.
                            I'm a Sunrise parent, Fire stayed focus and wanted that game. The above comment I can assure was a WPU salty parent and definitely not a Sunrise parent. Give credit to Fire not only beating Sunrise but to bounce back the next day and win it 2-0 over GCT. As for Sunrise, we wanted it, oh well, on to the next chapter. West Pines, you don't even exist any longer, keep us out of your mouth.

Comment

I'm a Sunrise parent, Fire stayed focus and wanted that game. The above comment I can assure was a WPU salty parent and definitely not a Sunrise parent. Give credit to Fire not only beating Sunrise but to bounce back the next day and win it 2-0 over GCT. As for Sunrise, we wanted it, oh well, on to the next chapter. West Pines, you don't even exist any longer, keep us out of your mouth.
                              I was at the Sunrise/Florida Fire game.

Sunrise lost that game because they got away from what was working and instead started playing Fire's game which is longball. You gotta hand it to the Fire though, they kept at it and kept at it. I will say this, I still think Sunrise is the better team. In fact, Sunrise SHOULD have won the game in the second OT period but one of their girls missed a gimme that she kicked over the goal.

Comment

I was at the Sunrise/Florida Fire game.

Sunrise lost that game because they got away from what was working and instead started playing Fire's game which is longball. You gotta hand it to the Fire though, they kept at it and kept at it. I will say this, I still think Sunrise is the better team. In fact, Sunrise SHOULD have won the game in the second OT period but one of their girls missed a gimme that she kicked over the goal.
                                So, usually when someone is at a U14 Girls game and speaks in favor of one of the teams, and has the will to go on talking soccer for that age group, they are a parent of that team. Just admit who you are.

You keep making excuses every time you lose. Beginning of season it was your forward wasn’t there. Now it’s other team didn’t play fair with not playing your style. I, unlike you, am not a parent of either team nor was I there. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but everyone remembers the moments YOU could have won instead of how you could have lost. I’m willing to bet your keeper made a save or they hit the post in OT or regulation as well.

Just accept that you lost in PK’s. Crappy way to lose as it’s literally a crap shoot, but it is what it is. It’s soccer. Things happen. Barcelona doesn’t win Champion’s League every year but they control possession and outplay every team, ever game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X