Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Am I the only one hoping to get let go from my job? I want a career change and need a kick in the butt to push me. I want unemployment or I'd quit. The sooner the better so I can stop being exposed to the virus at work.
    I'll kick you in the butt.

Comment

School

Schools are saving tons on money? They are paying all employees at this point. How are they saving any money?

Comment

Electricity. Water. No extra activities. No field trips No extra spending

Comment

Electricity. Water. No extra activities. No field trips No extra spending
          That's a drop in the bucket. Salaries account for the vast majority of school budgets.

Comment

CT school districts are planning to stay closed through the current semester:
            https://dailyvoice.com/connecticut/s...c-year/786202/
            Some states have already made this call, including CA which thus far has managed to keep cases in check. Having everyone go back too early could spike the system again, and going back for just a few weeks might not be worth the risk

Comment

Every state is different relax doomsayer.

Comment

Every state is different relax doomsayer.
                Wrong. Virus could give a crap about a state border. The same pattern has repeated in many places where the virus got a foothold. Preventing the spread is what keeps it in check until a vaccine is developed.

Comment

THE LATEST: Lamont releases new stats, says “We seem to be flattening out”

Comment

THE LATEST: Lamont releases new stats, says “We seem to be flattening out”
                    Yes like he’s an expert on viruses

Comment

Flattening is one thing. We need to see numbers go DOWN. Today Wuhan lifted that of its restrictions, 3+ months after they enacted them. We're 3 weeks in from when schools were closed

Comment

Flattening is one thing. We need to see numbers go DOWN. Today Wuhan lifted that of its restrictions, 3+ months after they enacted them. We're 3 weeks in from when schools were closed
                        Try 2.5 months knucklehead. And it was the epicenter. 7 more weeks would be the end of May and we will be back to work sooner than that. As we should be.

Comment

Try 2.5 months knucklehead. And it was the epicenter. 7 more weeks would be the end of May and we will be back to work sooner than that. As we should be.
                          Models show MA peaking next week and then a slow decline after that. I doubt schools will reopen early May when it's only just after the peak. Later in May seems more prudent

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...r-state-s-peak

Comment

Models show MA peaking next week and then a slow decline after that. I doubt schools will reopen early May when it's only just after the peak. Later in May seems more prudent

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...r-state-s-peak
                            Lets see how you feel after the unemployment numbers on Thursday.

So many people think they are isolated and can work from home. The cost of the shutdown is being borne by someone else. But this shut down is so wide and devastating, it will come after everyone. It will ripple through every area of the economy. You better hope we are opened up by the end of May, or you will find yourself in a breadline like all all the plumbers, hairdressers and retail workers that were on the front end of this thing.

Comment

The number are going down. You need to look at the data, not listen MSM and local politicians that want to cover their azzezz. Having said that the numbers can reverse and go up if behavior is loosened too soon.

Comment

No cases aren't going down but the rate of acceleration is slowing. Physician friends have been told by CT health officials this week into next will be our peak. Our mortality rate 3.6% but without more widespread testing we don't really know

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X