Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is the difference between an A vs D license?
    $300 and $5,000

Comment

We have full time jobs! Dates are ridiculous! Staff are dinosaurs!
      Then you don’t have the passions.

Comment

What is the difference between an A vs D license?
        there are many coaches that do NOT use their time to chase license certifications.
        its very expensive to take a course. cost of course and also missing work to attend meetings makes and all adds up to lost income.
        IMO, unless you are making or relying on soccer as your full time income (college coach etc) then nothing more than a C license is sufficient. This is what an "A" license coach told me

Comment

there are many coaches that do NOT use their time to chase license certifications.
          its very expensive to take a course. cost of course and also missing work to attend meetings makes and all adds up to lost income.
          IMO, unless you are making or relying on soccer as your full time income (college coach etc) then nothing more than a C license is sufficient. This is what an "A" license coach told me
          Soccer licenses are similar to the Brazilian jiu-jitsu ranking system (colored belts like Black Belt) and the licenses signifies a practitioner's increasing level of technical knowledge and practical skill within the sport of soccer.

Comment

The "A" license doesn't want to upset the federation and surely doesn't want to lose his "DA" job coaching kids that should be in recreational.

Comment

I look at it like this, if a coach is willing to take their time and money to expand their knowledge and grow as a coach, I respect it. I'd much rather have a coach that has a desire to improve than one who feels like they already know it all and can't benefit from formal training or feel like it's a waste of time/money. If you're serious about coaching, you are getting your licenses and working towards the level you feel most appropriate for your abilities.

Also, most clubs bump your pay as you get higher up the ladder of licenses. It makes sense economically to take the course as well.

Comment

I look at it like this, if a coach is willing to take their time and money to expand their knowledge and grow as a coach, I respect it. I'd much rather have a coach that has a desire to improve than one who feels like they already know it all and can't benefit from formal training or feel like it's a waste of time/money. If you're serious about coaching, you are getting your licenses and working towards the level you feel most appropriate for your abilities.

Also, most clubs bump your pay as you get higher up the ladder of licenses. It makes sense economically to take the course as well.
                Go online. Save yourself time and money, get a better education. USSF is a sh it show.

Comment

Go online. Save yourself time and money, get a better education. USSF is a sh it show.
                  DOC: “tell me about how you plan on growing as a coach?”
                  Coach: “YouTube”
                  DOC: “take my job, you’ve got it figure out”

Comment

The US National License does not have have the respect but it is an accredited license.

People might not like it but there will be a day that one coach will make us all proud.

It used to be Arena, Bradley and look what happen.

I think the men's program must be ran by a lady to make it respected because everything about US Soccer is a mess.

Comment

DOC: “tell me about how you plan on growing as a coach?”
                      Coach: “YouTube”
                      DOC: “take my job, you’ve got it figure out”
                      What is the DOC responsibilities? Direct the coaches?

Comment

What is the DOC responsibilities? Direct the coaches?
                        It's coaching the coaches. He or she should not tell them to go to USSF coaching classes!

Comment

The US National License does not have have the respect but it is an accredited license.
                          Licensing is involuntary! What US Soccer offers under "license" is voluntary, therefore cannot be considered a true, or professional license. It is a certificate that is issued by a private, nonprofit organization called the United States Soccer Federation. In other words, anyone is practicing without license when license is required is breaking the law and will be held liable in the court of law. This is obviously not the case with US Soccer "licenses." Anyone can coach without a US Soccer "license" US Soccer can do nothing about it. Try to practice medicine without medical license and you will end up in prison.

Comment

I have done E,D,C in florida and really enjoyed the material , and also collaborating with other coaches . I want to grow as a coach , just as a player who has he hunger and drive will put in the extra work to get there. I recently did the B in KC , hotel and all meals were included in the price . I had to pay for my flights , but again I wanted to be a better coach for my team/club and as an individual . Most of the courses that are in florida are done in various locations so nobody has to travel crazy amount of time , there is plenty of course work and the development periods where coaches can go and practice what they are being taught. The material that they teach now is a collaboration of - Belgium, Germany, Spain , and US input . Its very detailed and quite frankly I enjoyed the whole pathway . In many cases clubs have monies set aside for coaching education ( they should if they don't) , coaches do get an increase and in some cases get the monies that they paid for the course back. As dysfunctional as USSF is the coaching department is very switched on .

Comment

I have done E,D,C in florida and really enjoyed the material , and also collaborating with other coaches . I want to grow as a coach , just as a player who has he hunger and drive will put in the extra work to get there. I recently did the B in KC , hotel and all meals were included in the price . I had to pay for my flights , but again I wanted to be a better coach for my team/club and as an individual . Most of the courses that are in florida are done in various locations so nobody has to travel crazy amount of time , there is plenty of course work and the development periods where coaches can go and practice what they are being taught. The material that they teach now is a collaboration of - Belgium, Germany, Spain , and US input . Its very detailed and quite frankly I enjoyed the whole pathway . In many cases clubs have monies set aside for coaching education ( they should if they don't) , coaches do get an increase and in some cases get the monies that they paid for the course back. As dysfunctional as USSF is the coaching department is very switched on .
                              The E and D were the worst classes I HAVE EVER TAKEN in my life! You are so full of SH it. USSF "license" is a waste of time and space. Dinosaurs! Disaster! Embarrassing! Every A license bafoon I know think's he god gift to soccer. HA - THE WORST! 90% can't cross a F kniing BALL!

Comment

The E and D were the worst classes I HAVE EVER TAKEN in my life! You are so full of SH it. USSF "license" is a waste of time and space. Dinosaurs! Disaster! Embarrassing! Every A license bafoon I know think's he god gift to soccer. HA - THE WORST! 90% can't cross a F kniing BALL!
                                My teenager can identify problems. Can you a identify a solution?

And, do you want to identify your affiliation, so we can judge how you’ve transcended the sport.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X