The Girls 2007 Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what age does NEFC and Stars start pooling kids from differnt regions?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      At what age does NEFC and Stars start pooling kids from differnt regions?
      For the parents in this thread I hope they pooled the kids at six. I'm sure they would be fine with that. LOL on driving to PA at 9 & 10 years old. You parents at sss better wake up soon.....let me guess not enough local competition ? OMG

Comment

Drive to PA? Get a grip. We are flying.

Comment

still doesn't diminish the fact that most will be out of the game, a few lingering on lesser teams, and a few who actually will become top players by 15. Sorry, but that is reality.
          That is the truth. If these teams have 4 of the same kids on them in 3 years it would be a miracle. Enjoy this this year and next and then you will see the nasty world of club soccer.

Comment

really people...are you honestly talking about 10 and 11 years old and assessing who the "top" teams are...please tell me this isn't real. Are they even playing 9v9 yet ?...if not, is it perhaps their first year on a bigger field ? Can you seriously have this sort of dialogue. Yeah I get that a lot of folks have daughters playing but c'mon

Comment

really people...are you honestly talking about 10 and 11 years old and assessing who the "top" teams are...please tell me this isn't real. Are they even playing 9v9 yet ?...if not, is it perhaps their first year on a bigger field ? Can you seriously have this sort of dialogue. Yeah I get that a lot of folks have daughters playing but c'mon

Well excuse us sir. And you are hear to talk about what, 12 & 13 year olds?

Comment

This thread is one example of why most of these 2007 kids won't be playing at 13 years old. Talking about "top" U11 teams is insane.

Comment

This thread is one example of why most of these 2007 kids won't be playing at 13 years old. Talking about "top" U11 teams is insane.
                  I get the desire to discuss the age group and teams in your kid's age bracket, but youth soccer is meaningless until the players hit puberty and are playing 11v11.

Comment

"Talking about "top" U11 teams is insane."

But the 95,000+ views of the thread ranking the top U13 teams is completely rational. Thanks for that analysis.

Comment

But the 95,000+ views of the thread ranking the top U13 teams is completely rational. Thanks for that analysis.
                      It makes much more sense talking about 12-13yo girls playing 11v11, the majority of whom have gone through puberty and are within 95% of their full grown height than talking about 9-10yo girls who just graduated from 7v7 to 9v9 and are still built like little girls.

Comment

Nearly as insane.

Comment

It makes much more sense talking about 12-13yo girls playing 11v11, the majority of whom have gone through puberty and are within 95% of their full grown height than talking about 9-10yo girls who just graduated from 7v7 to 9v9 and are still built like little girls.
                          Yes, much more sense to talk about girls in middle school, since they are not at all awkward (physically nor mentally), pretty much adults already.

Comment

Well excuse us sir. And you are hear to talk about what, 12 & 13 year olds?
                            The issue is not that there might be threads about the younger age groups...but the fact that there might be a dialogue about "top teams"....a "top team" at the U10/11 level is pretty meaningless. If you were talking about what a great development or teaching job the coach was doing for a particular team at that age group and what program does that best, then that might be pretty interesting and good to know.

Comment

The issue is not that there might be threads about the younger age groups...but the fact that there might be a dialogue about "top teams"....a "top team" at the U10/11 level is pretty meaningless. If you were talking about what a great development or teaching job the coach was doing for a particular team at that age group and what program does that best, then that might be pretty interesting and good to know.
                              Are you sure they are meaningless? Is there any correlation between winning teams at U11 and u15? I understand teams change and transition new players in and out, wondering if the foundation of strong teams correlates to success 3-4 years down the road. Not sure it matters, everyone is just playing for a trophy, I just don't minimize "success" at younger ages.

Comment

Are you sure they are meaningless? Is there any correlation between winning teams at U11 and u15? I understand teams change and transition new players in and out, wondering if the foundation of strong teams correlates to success 3-4 years down the road. Not sure it matters, everyone is just playing for a trophy, I just don't minimize "success" at younger ages.
                                You should.

None of the teams we competed at at U10 and U11 are the same as we are competing at now, and it's only U13.

Large organizations start to pool players. Other programs that are light in the younger ages grow. Kids quit. Really, not much is the same from who played against, our own team included, in those 3 years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X