Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Farmingdale is definitely not better than Smithtown and quite frankly, it's going to hurt EM not to have Smithtown. With the exception of maybe one, all of the smithtown teams were at the top, or near the top in each NE NPL age group. One rumor going around for the divorce was actually because some of the Smithtown teams were/are better than the EM ECNL teams.

To the person that wrote Smithtown will have a big announcement, do tell?
Lmfao!!! There is not a single Smithtown team that is better than any of EM's ECNL teams! Most of the Smithtown teams are mid-level in a very, very weak NPL league. East Meadow said good-bye to Smithtown to make room for Farmingdale. They have been working on this deal for over a year as JG is a fixture in both clubs and brokered the meeting of the minds.

Smithtown is nothing more than a rec town club, the only thing keeping them afloat was their partnership with EM. Even their decent teams are struggling for placement in showcases and tournaments like Jeff Cup. Riding the coat tails of EM was the only leverage they had. Trust, no more ECNL showcases, they'll be bragging about fake NYC World Cups and other lame ass entries!
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, but that's ok, sitting in that crap NE NPL league was not a benefit to smithtown. So no matter how you try and spin it, Smithtown will be better off without EM. Have fun with JG as he also gets into bed with SUSA.
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, but that's ok, sitting in that crap NE NPL league was not a benefit to smithtown. So no matter how you try and spin it, Smithtown will be better off without EM. Have fun with JG as he also gets into bed with SUSA.
and some moms
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Newsflash, EDP is a crap league without the cache of ECNL affiliation. You can try to spin this as much as you want, but if NE NPL is such a crap league, how come Smithtown was never a raging success in it?
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Newsflash, EDP is a crap league without the cache of ECNL affiliation. You can try to spin this as much as you want, but if NE NPL is such a crap league, how come Smithtown was never a raging success in it?
Actually, it was a success, and is currently a success, you should look at the standings. NE NPL has not done one thing for Smithtown. Hopefully whatever club your kid plays for will be at a tournament and they can play smithtown and then we can all see how good or bad the teams are.
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
While I could care less about sachem, at least get your facts straight because this statement is beyond dumb. The sachem board ruined that club long before LIPS got there.
Thanks Tom
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

If Smithtown is just a rec. league as someone suggested earlier, why are their teams always being brought up/bashed on these forums? I don't see any other rec. league clubs ever being brought up. The only teams ever being brought up on these forums are SUSA, Fury, Alby, EM; are these rec. league clubs? That's a rhetorical question for the moron who made this dumb comment. Go back to sleep jackass and stop worrying about whether Smithtown is going to beat your kids team.
Old 4 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually, it was a success, and is currently a success, you should look at the standings. NE NPL has not done one thing for Smithtown. Hopefully whatever club your kid plays for will be at a tournament and they can play smithtown and then we can all see how good or bad the teams are.
Lol, I've never seen a single Smithtown team make it out of the playoffs and only 1 or 2 teams even get that far. They look pretty decent in the standings now because NPL broke up the conference and put the top teams in a different division. Don't worry, I'm sure Smithtown will kill it in EDP playing everybody's C & D teams! Maybe they'll even get a trophy or 2!
Old 4 Days Ago
Unregistered

So, i'm just catching up on these and have to say, I agree with the Smithtown parent who is defending the club. My kid plays at EM so I have no first hand knowledge of the club, but from what I've seen over the years, Smithtown is a lot more than a rec. Club. Are they great across the board, definitely not, but they do have some strong teams and a history of strong teams. As someone said, if they are such a bad club, you wouldn't be talking about them, so the fact that you are really defeats your argument.
Old 4 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
and some moms
Hot moms?