• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the post should be "Should Bayside get a DA bid?"

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Maybe the post should be "Should Bayside get a DA bid?"
      At least then the anti-DA crowd would be putting their ire in the right place...

Comment

Great for your kid. You do realize not everyone follows the same tune, correct?

Would it be possible for a kid to play a club sport, and enjoy it, and have other ways to enjoy their HS experience?

I am more concerned with the crazy parents who are pushing their HS glory days onto their kid. That's been the more common theme then the crazy parents you reference.

Players have been bypassing HS sports for other opportunities for at least 40 years. Why are your panties in a knot now, mom? I see you didn't rub one out yesterday and the stress is still high. Maybe today?
        Ahh the quick slide into aggressive sexual response - did you see your buddy Harvey was convicted yesterday? I will not respond anymore to your ignorant comments - I feel sorry for your D

Comment

Ahh the quick slide into aggressive sexual response - did you see your buddy Harvey was convicted yesterday? I will not respond anymore to your ignorant comments - I feel sorry for your D
          My buddy?

Wassa' matter...can't take the heat when you start trouble? Just another "what's good for me is good for all" mentality that is driving this country to crap.

Comment

My buddy?

Wassa' matter...can't take the heat when you start trouble? Just another "what's good for me is good for all" mentality that is driving this country to crap.
            Wow this thread has got a real East Prov vibe now.
            This thread should have been moved to RI since MA parents could care less about Bayside.
            This thread went from ECNL to DA?

Please move this thread to RI. Not very classy.
            Again nobody in MA cares about small town Bayside.

Bayside, Bruno same same...

Comment

Wow this thread has got a real East Prov vibe now.
              This thread should have been moved to RI since MA parents could care less about Bayside.
              This thread went from ECNL to DA?

Please move this thread to RI. Not very classy.
              Again nobody in MA cares about small town Bayside.

Bayside, Bruno same same...
              I actually think it’s hilarious that there are either coaches or parents who think Bayside should be able to access some higher level league on the girls side. What exactly has Bayside done or does do in terms of development of RI girls players that warrants such a post?

Comment

I think this guy was just responding to your azzhat comment to his. Touché . But you got your butthurt. If you are willing to dish it out, you should also be willing to take it back. You should have learned that in kindergarten .

Comment

It is curious why the anti-DA comments come up so often. For a nothing league with no talent and a waste of time and money, it sure does generate a lot of commentary.

Typically, if something is not of a concern or worth your time, it's ignored.

Hmmmmm..........
                  Because USSF criticized ECNL for their size and the disparity between top and bottom teams (and players) and said they wanted something better for the girls and then they roll out an equally enormous national league that ruined both!! Furthermore, their dream was predicated on a 10 month seasons, but they give waivers. They accepted any team that applied with no minimum bar set, and, finally, IT AINT ANY CHEAPER as it is supposed to be .... in fact, because of the way it is set up, with travel, the total cost can far surpass the total costs of ECNL clubs in the same city. USSF clearly knows nothing and is set to ruin the successful side ..... I don't hate the concept of a top national league, but GDA is clearly not it ... I just hate that USSF is still in power and turning everything to mud that they set their minds to fixing!

Comment

Because USSF criticized ECNL for their size and the disparity between top and bottom teams (and players) and said they wanted something better for the girls and then they roll out an equally enormous national league that ruined both!! Furthermore, their dream was predicated on a 10 month seasons, but they give waivers. They accepted any team that applied with no minimum bar set, and, finally, IT AINT ANY CHEAPER as it is supposed to be .... in fact, because of the way it is set up, with travel, the total cost can far surpass the total costs of ECNL clubs in the same city. USSF clearly knows nothing and is set to ruin the successful side ..... I don't hate the concept of a top national league, but GDA is clearly not it ... I just hate that USSF is still in power and turning everything to mud that they set their minds to fixing!
                    I see you still have that tension.....

But, to answer your rants best I can:

Ruined both? Debatable. Many players are happy, some are not. Same with all leagues, but the exclusionary practices put in by ECNL enables many more players to participate than before

Yes, they give waivers to private school players. That is because many of those players have their education specifically tied to their athletic participation. But, it's an acknowledged problem and it is being discouraged to take those players at younger ages, before they are committed to a private school.

There is a minimum bar, decided by man factors (geographic, club participation, successes, and coaching being the biggest). Sorry if this offends you, but the worst of the worst of BOTH leagues are bad; the best of the best are very good (my personal opinion being that ECNL tops out here) and the majority you can throw them all into a bucket and take your pick.

Costs are comparable, arguably cheaper, since many clubs pool their travel and parents do not need to travel. Hotel costs are age-group dependent for season games, but can be less since you only have one game per weekend most of the time (gas prices increase)

If DA is such trash, how is "the successful side" being ruined? It's a fly on an elephant's ass, no?

If you don't see the concept of a national league, that's your opinion. Good thing, essentially, the ECNL and DA leagues are the same. You have regional play offset by showcases. The best of the best compete Nationally in a playoff system. Same as a handful of other leagues.

And, last, what does your unhinged rant against something that is, in your opinion, a nothing league with nothing players playing on nothing teams have anything to do with Bayside getting an ECNL club?

Go find the little man in the boat and give him a tickle, will ya' already?

Comment

I see you still have that tension.....

But, to answer your rants best I can:

Ruined both? Debatable. Many players are happy, some are not. Same with all leagues, but the exclusionary practices put in by ECNL enables many more players to participate than before

Yes, they give waivers to private school players. That is because many of those players have their education specifically tied to their athletic participation. But, it's an acknowledged problem and it is being discouraged to take those players at younger ages, before they are committed to a private school.

There is a minimum bar, decided by man factors (geographic, club participation, successes, and coaching being the biggest). Sorry if this offends you, but the worst of the worst of BOTH leagues are bad; the best of the best are very good (my personal opinion being that ECNL tops out here) and the majority you can throw them all into a bucket and take your pick.

Costs are comparable, arguably cheaper, since many clubs pool their travel and parents do not need to travel. Hotel costs are age-group dependent for season games, but can be less since you only have one game per weekend most of the time (gas prices increase)

If DA is such trash, how is "the successful side" being ruined? It's a fly on an elephant's ass, no?

If you don't see the concept of a national league, that's your opinion. Good thing, essentially, the ECNL and DA leagues are the same. You have regional play offset by showcases. The best of the best compete Nationally in a playoff system. Same as a handful of other leagues.

And, last, what does your unhinged rant against something that is, in your opinion, a nothing league with nothing players playing on nothing teams have anything to do with Bayside getting an ECNL club?

Go find the little man in the boat and give him a tickle, will ya' already?
                      I'm putting $20k on a guess that your daughter plays for Seacoast. This insane defense of the GDA usually only comes from the bottom feeders.

Comment

I'm putting $20k on a guess that your daughter plays for Seacoast. This insane defense of the GDA usually only comes from the bottom feeders.

And that relates to Bayside and ECNL...how?

Comment

I actually think it’s hilarious that there are either coaches or parents who think Bayside should be able to access some higher level league on the girls side. What exactly has Bayside done or does do in terms of development of RI girls players that warrants such a post?
                          Must be all of the power 5 commits they have.

Comment

And that relates to Bayside and ECNL...how?
                            So I #nailedit

Comment

So I #nailedit
                              ha, nope but still trying to figure out what Seacoast has to do with Bayside. They are two states away, in a different league, and the thread is about going into another league altogether. You ECNL pearl-clutchers need to get a grip.

I do wonder how a comment like this is considered to be an "insane defense of GDA":

Seems pretty clear admittance that the best of the best is in ECNL, no?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X