Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s not really that complicated. Mass clubs would fight it though, because they would lose players.
    Scorpions have had their chance to capitalize in the southeast mass area and it has not worked. Yes they did recruit two bayside players, but most of the players are coming from a variety of areas(SS, metro boston, etc) and they are more focused on moving to the boston area anyways....I kind of like bayside, smaller club that is building their own complex & fields. RI has Never developed a girls club team that competes with mass soccer other then Bayside.
    Btw, I think Bayside boys are DA, right? That would be interesting to have a DA & ECNL team.

@admin keep this here, this is a interesting topic

Comment

It’s more complicated than that. Even if they had one team that could hang with the top teams in its age group, the league requires a team for all age groups, in order to deal with scheduling, etc. Ignorant yahoos that are way too excited about some 10 year olds that won some games wouldn’t understand that, though.
      Rhode Island actually has more players “per capita” than Mass. Portuguese and other soccer loving cultures are abundant there. Bayside already has affiliations with the Bolts and the Revs, so they don’t really need to add ECNL on the boys side. They are all set. As for the girls, there are some players as good as any in Mass, but like most girls soccer, it’s not going to gain as much attention.

Comment

Scorpions have had their chance to capitalize in the southeast mass area and it has not worked. Yes they did recruit two bayside players, but most of the players are coming from a variety of areas(SS, metro boston, etc) and they are more focused on moving to the boston area anyways....I kind of like bayside, smaller club that is building their own complex & fields. RI has Never developed a girls club team that competes with mass soccer other then Bayside.
        Btw, I think Bayside boys are DA, right? That would be interesting to have a DA & ECNL team.

@admin keep this here, this is a interesting topic
        I think RI needs something for the older girls. I’m not sure Bayside is the answer though. After playing them and other MA teams playing even the younger teams they seem to lack the values clubs like SSS have. The players are pushing from behind when they get beat to the ball, tripping, and grabbing shirts. They are not as skilled as the players trained in Boston area. We don’t want to play them in tournaments because they can’t run so they hurt players. This is a problem. There are other clubs in RI by the way such as NEFC.

Comment

I think RI needs something for the older girls. I’m not sure Bayside is the answer though. After playing them and other MA teams playing even the younger teams they seem to lack the values clubs like SSS have. The players are pushing from behind when they get beat to the ball, tripping, and grabbing shirts. They are not as skilled as the players trained in Boston area. We don’t want to play them in tournaments because they can’t run so they hurt players. This is a problem. There are other clubs in RI by the way such as NEFC.
          Best for you to gravitate to DA. If physical contact is not for your player than recommended for your player to not play High School. Its OK to desire pure finess play without tactical fouls, but you will need to be selective in your league choice.

Comment

Best for you to gravitate to DA. If physical contact is not for your player than recommended for your player to not play High School. Its OK to desire pure finess play without tactical fouls, but you will need to be selective in your league choice.
            I don’t think that’s what the OP was saying. Bayside teams play dirtier than most and Indon’t mean tactical fouls. I’m talking full-on taking out players. It starts with the parents, absolute trash screaming from the sidelines, yelling at opposition players, refs, etc. RI is a crap state and Bayside is the poster child. Any decent girls player moves to NEFC, Stars or Scorpions. On the boys side, the go Bolts or Revs.

Bayside has DA for like one or two years on the boys side, basically U11/12 or some such. Not any different than NEFC DA for boys. The reason is the Revs are too cheap to run Academy teams for those ages, so they let the Pay2Play clubs handle it then take the best talent when it ages out.

Bayside is a nothingburger on the girls side: RI is lucky to put out a handful of D1 players a year. Take a look at commitments.

Comment

I don’t think that’s what the OP was saying. Bayside teams play dirtier than most and Indon’t mean tactical fouls. I’m talking full-on taking out players. It starts with the parents, absolute trash screaming from the sidelines, yelling at opposition players, refs, etc. RI is a crap state and Bayside is the poster child. Any decent girls player moves to NEFC, Stars or Scorpions. On the boys side, the go Bolts or Revs.

Bayside has DA for like one or two years on the boys side, basically U11/12 or some such. Not any different than NEFC DA for boys. The reason is the Revs are too cheap to run Academy teams for those ages, so they let the Pay2Play clubs handle it then take the best talent when it ages out.

Bayside is a nothingburger on the girls side: RI is lucky to put out a handful of D1 players a year. Take a look at commitments.
              Somehow you've seen all the age groups and all the parents and players and have come up with this determination of the entire club..... unlikely. And if RI is only putting out a handful of D1 girls maybe it's because they are furthering their training (or lack of) at the NEFC, Stars or Scorpions in their latter years. Time has come... preparations have been made.... expect it soon... now stop your whining!

Comment

Why do you say that? What is wrong with Bayside? 08’ team is 80th in the nation and 97’ has some players. Patrick is a good coach from I have seen from afar on the sidelines
                You mention one coach you love. Need more talented coaches on the girls side if you want this club to compete in ECNL.

Comment

I am sure the refs are giving yellow cards and red cards? The refs control and call the game. If you are not seeing cards than the problem is more you. You may be watching too much La Liga. Perhaps recommend practice more theatrical rolling around on the ground screaming.

Comment

Totally agree about the dirty play of Bayside. EVERY time we've seen them play, regardless of boys or girls, the players are dirty, fouling constantly, yelling and back talking to the refs, parents bitching and aggressively pacing the sidelines, heckling the other team and in some cases actually threatening both players and their parents. My child has had to ref their games and believe me, that is not what you want to see on your schedule as a ref.

Comment

Totally agree about the dirty play of Bayside. EVERY time we've seen them play, regardless of boys or girls, the players are dirty, fouling constantly, yelling and back talking to the refs, parents bitching and aggressively pacing the sidelines, heckling the other team and in some cases actually threatening both players and their parents. My child has had to ref their games and believe me, that is not what you want to see on your schedule as a ref.
                      That’s RI for you. That’s why this thread needs to be moved to the RI forum. We don’t want all the scummy RI parents on our board.

Comment

Agreed, and first I admit it's a small sample size and we no longer play them in the last two years, but the years before that was an embarrassment to soccer. Sorry, but when you have a player actually sit down and cry in the middle of a game due to the actions of their father (drunk and threatening a teenage ref) it's a sad state. And, that is not the only instance but was the worst.

Not an organization that any nationally-led league should consider.

Comment

That’s RI for you. That’s why this thread needs to be moved to the RI forum. We don’t want all the scummy RI parents on our board.
                          So dominating on the keyboard.....please stop.

Comment

I am sure the refs are giving yellow cards and red cards? The refs control and call the game. If you are not seeing cards than the problem is more you. You may be watching too much La Liga. Perhaps recommend practice more theatrical rolling around on the ground screaming.
                            Lol. Yeah right. Most refs don’t want to deal with the paperwork of handing out cards. More importantly, the younger refs are obviously intimidated by all the screaming by parents and coaches. It’s just poor sportsmanship, plain and simple. I’ve seen young refs come off the field crying after a game against Bayside. And we wonder why we have a shortage of refs.

Comment

Lol. Yeah right. Most refs don’t want to deal with the paperwork of handing out cards. More importantly, the younger refs are obviously intimidated by all the screaming by parents and coaches. It’s just poor sportsmanship, plain and simple. I’ve seen young refs come off the field crying after a game against Bayside. And we wonder why we have a shortage of refs.
                              Please stop... I've seen OLD refs come off the field crying from NEFC games. That doesn't make the entire organization and families at each age group bad. Not something that any coach teaches and not something any club encourages.

Comment

Please stop... I've seen OLD refs come off the field crying from NEFC games. That doesn't make the entire organization and families at each age group bad. Not something that any coach teaches and not something any club encourages.
                                No? Because I saw a girl crying, a parent being held back from going after a 15-year old ref, and a coach just standing there.

Encourage? Arguably no. Allowing it to happen? Absolutely. Sounds like splitting hairs to me

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X