GPS a Positive Perspective

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first thing here can be true - some teams/players have had a good experience.

But the second part - a blanket recommendation of GPS - makes no sense. Even before the latest news, people's experiences varied a lot.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We did too! My son had a great experience and his former GPS coaches continue to support him even though he has moved onto bigger and better things.

I would still recommend GPS to anyone looking for a club!

Comment

The first thing here can be true - some teams/players have had a good experience.

But the second part - a blanket recommendation of GPS - makes no sense. Even before the latest news, people's experiences varied a lot.
      How so? If the leadership who draws your ire so much is gone, this would be a good thing...no?

Comment

That's Great. I also support slave labor and human trafficking.
        This might be the most offensive post on TS: Slave labor and human trafficking?
        Posts like this show how little you know and what little empathy you have for the real people who have been impacted by the horrors of actual slavery and human trafficking. Disgusting analogy to serve you obsession with a soccer club.

Comment

Our experience was great. Usually when someone has a great experience with something they recommend it. How does that not make sense?

Comment

How so? If the leadership who draws your ire so much is gone, this would be a good thing...no?
            Come on man, think about the actual post instead of autoposting.

The point is - It has always been true of all the giant club organizations. It makes no sense to say it's all good, that's just never been true. Particularly for people on the less strong teams where they don't get priority on the coaches.

Comment

response

I am the original poster and while we have had a positive experience and my players team finally has a new coach I will continue to be positive. I am also not recommending GPS to anyone at the moment and making sure people do their homework before getting involved.

We all know club soccer is a big business. When my player started 10 years ago there were like 30 kids from our town in various programs in the same age group. That number is now two.

Comment

Come on man, think about the actual post instead of autoposting.

The point is - It has always been true of all the giant club organizations. It makes no sense to say it's all good, that's just never been true. Particularly for people on the less strong teams where they don't get priority on the coaches.
                But, here's the thing: They didn't say it's ALL good.

They said:

"We did too! My son had a great experience and his former GPS coaches continue to support him even though he has moved onto bigger and better things.

I would still recommend GPS to anyone looking for a club!"

Comment

Gotta love those chiming in to say “my kid had a great experience with GPS”. You’re part of the problem!

Well that’s ok then, that hundreds of coaches have been treated like **** and had their lives impacted, laws allegedly broken, in the pursuit of giving you that experience to be able to profit from it... that’s fine, because Johnny has fun at practice

Comment

Gotta love those chiming in to say “my kid had a great experience with GPS”. You’re part of the problem!

Well that’s ok then, that hundreds of coaches have been treated like **** and had their lives impacted, laws allegedly broken, in the pursuit of giving you that experience to be able to profit from it... that’s fine, because Johnny has fun at practice
                    Please stop with your faux outrage. Immigration Laws allegedly broken...
                    Shall I assume you are therefore in support of repealing DACA, building a Wall on our Mexican border, and eliminating federal aid for Dreamers going to college?
                    Laws are laws, amiright?

#Hypocrite #BadBusinessMan #BlameOthers #ItsMyWay

Comment

Please stop with your faux outrage. Immigration Laws allegedly broken...
                      Shall I assume you are therefore in support of repealing DACA, building a Wall on our Mexican border, and eliminating federal aid for Dreamers going to college?
                      Laws are laws, amiright?

#Hypocrite #BadBusinessMan #BlameOthers #ItsMyWay
                      Translations: "Breaking laws is okay if I like the person breaking the laws." Or "rules for thee, but not for me."

Comment

You can play D3 with just high school soccer.
                        Just like most of the so call wonder kids that play at DA. SMH they are just not that good

Comment

Translations: "Breaking laws is okay if I like the person breaking the laws." Or "rules for thee, but not for me."
                          What the eff are you talking about?

Comment

Exactly how am I part of the problem? We chose GPS, got exactly what we were told we would, including a GREAT coach and the best training we’ve had compared to other big clubs that we’ve been with. You realize that it’s the management (who is no longer there) that is responsible right? Duh.

Comment

Exactly how am I part of the problem? We chose GPS, got exactly what we were told we would, including a GREAT coach and the best training we’ve had compared to other big clubs that we’ve been with. You realize that it’s the management (who is no longer there) that is responsible right? Duh.
                              Because the experience you’re raving at has come at the cost of impacting the lives of poorly treated staff and coaches, making $2-3 an hour in many cases.

If i start a sweatshop making shoes and paid/treated foreign workers the same i don’t suppose people would be talking about the quality of the shoes..

Comment

Because the experience you’re raving at has come at the cost of impacting the lives of poorly treated staff and coaches, making $2-3 an hour in many cases.

If i start a sweatshop making shoes and paid/treated foreign workers the same i don’t suppose people would be talking about the quality of the shoes..
                                I had a banana this morning. Pretty sure people were treated a whole lot worse than GPS coaches in that supply chain.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X