Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stay away from any club even remotely associated with the failing Portland Timbers. Just saying the truth...

Define the "failing" mentioned.
    It would appear the own the greater majority of Portland soccer.
    Yes, you'd think this means more youth from Oregon in their professional ranks but given their business model .... it makes sense as to why you don't. This doesn't mean they're failing though.

Comment

I have a sixteen year old who received a national team callup last summer, and am moving here from los angeles. what club is the best? la galaxy offered him a contract, but he really wants to play for his high school.
      Who at Galaxy offered your kid a contract? It's very hard to get into an academy at that age those 16 year olds are already competing at higher levels.

I would contact academy director at Portland Timbers if your son was offered a contract at Galaxy in LA being that competition is really good I'm sure he will have a shot at Timbers academy as well.

What club is your kid playing at in LA?

Comment

Who at Galaxy offered your kid a contract? It's very hard to get into an academy at that age those 16 year olds are already competing at higher levels.

I would contact academy director at Portland Timbers if your son was offered a contract at Galaxy in LA being that competition is really good I'm sure he will have a shot at Timbers academy as well.

We did contact the Timbers, but they said he couldn't play high school. He's talented enough that he should get to choose his own path, and not have to put up with the professionals and their silly demands. Too bad there's no BECNL here in Oregon. Guess we will have to move to vantucky, which I hear is full of kids who are also too good for the Timbers Academy.

Comment

We did contact the Timbers. They did everything but beg us to come to them. Silly pros. They can dream all they want. We are taking our talents to PCU. Top club in the Northwest bar none. This will allow us to play high school and then get a full ride to Stanford followed by a long pro career.

Comment

We did contact the Timbers. They did everything but beg us to come to them. Silly pros. They can dream all they want. We are taking our talents to PCU. Top club in the Northwest bar none. This will allow us to play high school and then get a full ride to Stanford followed by a long pro career.
            Excellent choice!

Comment

Play rec. Save thousands of dollars, still the same crappy soccer, coaches aren't as big of d-bags, refs are kids who sometimes make mistakes, not adults with ego problems. All around better for your and your kids mental health. At the end you're still not going pro, so why cause all the anxiety

Comment

Play rec. Save thousands of dollars, still the same crappy soccer, coaches aren't as big of d-bags, refs are kids who sometimes make mistakes, not adults with ego problems. All around better for your and your kids mental health. At the end you're still not going pro, so why cause all the anxiety
                The are d-bags coaching rec too.

In the short-term though, rec families tend to be happier then competitive families.

Comment

This guy....

Hahahahaha. You made my day.

Hey everyone, I’m trying to find the best place for my daughter and son to play soccer next season. I want to give them the best opportunity to play at the collegiate and (hopefully) professional level. My daughter will be a junior, and my son will be in 7th grade. I only want to join a team that lets my daughter play the 9, and my son currently plays the 6, but I’d like to see him play more of a 7 or 11.

I don’t have a lot of friends in the soccer community, but I definitely feel like I kind of know a lot more than pretty much everyone I’ve ever encountered near a soccer field. I feel like I know what’s best for my player’s development (I coached rec for 3 seasons and only lost 9 games), but clubs aren’t willing to hire me to coach my kids’ teams anymore, even though I have a 4v4 online grassroots certificate and a proven track record of success.

I just don’t know what clubs to trust anymore. I feel very alone in this journey. Parents who I’ve spoken to don’t like how “intense” I am on the sideline, even though I’m sacrificing everything to get my kids into the pros, they don’t seem to share the same enthusiasm as me about this whole thing, and I’m stuck in a loveless marriage.

Thankfully, I found this forum! Judging from all the posts I’ve read so far, this sounds like the perfect place for me! I already feel like I fit right in with all of you :) Anyone want to share what club would be best suited for my kids?

Comment

Freak

Since they just take your money...slap you with failed soccer coaches and promise you **** that will NEVER happen...pick the one closest to your home. Who the f. U ck. Cares? STOP BEING INVOLVED. LET KIDS PLAY. A CLUB IS A CLUB. YOUR KID ISNT A SUPERSTAR. HES A KID. STOP BEING A FREAK.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X