Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Club should I trust?

Hey everyone, I’m trying to find the best place for my daughter and son to play soccer next season. I want to give them the best opportunity to play at the collegiate and (hopefully) professional level. My daughter will be a junior, and my son will be in 7th grade. I only want to join a team that lets my daughter play the 9, and my son currently plays the 6, but I’d like to see him play more of a 7 or 11.

I don’t have a lot of friends in the soccer community, but I definitely feel like I kind of know a lot more than pretty much everyone I’ve ever encountered near a soccer field. I feel like I know what’s best for my player’s development (I coached rec for 3 seasons and only lost 9 games), but clubs aren’t willing to hire me to coach my kids’ teams anymore, even though I have a 4v4 online grassroots certificate and a proven track record of success.

I just don’t know what clubs to trust anymore. I feel very alone in this journey. Parents who I’ve spoken to don’t like how “intense” I am on the sideline, even though I’m sacrificing everything to get my kids into the pros, they don’t seem to share the same enthusiasm as me about this whole thing, and I’m stuck in a loveless marriage.

Thankfully, I found this forum! Judging from all the posts I’ve read so far, this sounds like the perfect place for me! I already feel like I fit right in with all of you :) Anyone want to share what club would be best suited for my kids?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey everyone, I’m trying to find the best place for my daughter and son to play soccer next season. I want to give them the best opportunity to play at the collegiate and (hopefully) professional level. My daughter will be a junior, and my son will be in 7th grade. I only want to join a team that lets my daughter play the 9, and my son currently plays the 6, but I’d like to see him play more of a 7 or 11.

I don’t have a lot of friends in the soccer community, but I definitely feel like I kind of know a lot more than pretty much everyone I’ve ever encountered near a soccer field. I feel like I know what’s best for my player’s development (I coached rec for 3 seasons and only lost 9 games), but clubs aren’t willing to hire me to coach my kids’ teams anymore, even though I have a 4v4 online grassroots certificate and a proven track record of success.

I just don’t know what clubs to trust anymore. I feel very alone in this journey. Parents who I’ve spoken to don’t like how “intense” I am on the sideline, even though I’m sacrificing everything to get my kids into the pros, they don’t seem to share the same enthusiasm as me about this whole thing, and I’m stuck in a loveless marriage.

Thankfully, I found this forum! Judging from all the posts I’ve read so far, this sounds like the perfect place for me! I already feel like I fit right in with all of you :) Anyone want to share what club would be best suited for my kids?
    You'll fit right in at FC Portland. If you start there, it will save you some club-hopping.

Comment

You'll fit right in at FC Portland. If you start there, it will save you some club-hopping.
      Wow, thank you for replying! This sounds like an amazing club! I know what Portland is, but what does FC mean?

Comment

You should check out Eastside Timbers. You'll fit it there and they have opportunities with the Portland Timbers organization.

Comment

Wow, thank you for replying! This sounds like an amazing club! I know what Portland is, but what does FC mean?
          F***ing Crazy

Comment

Weak troll game, Bruh

Comment

waaaay too obvious mate

Comment

PCU and Woodburn have amazing programs.

Comment

waaaay too obvious mate
                  I have a sixteen year old who received a national team callup last summer, and am moving here from los angeles. what club is the best? la galaxy offered him a contract, but he really wants to play for his high school.

Comment

I have a sixteen year old who received a national team callup last summer, and am moving here from los angeles. what club is the best? la galaxy offered him a contract, but he really wants to play for his high school.
                    Woodburn all the way. Top of the pyramid.

Comment

Your kids ain’t playing Pro and your best bet is Pacific FC across the river

Comment

I'd suggest a nine iron. now if he is taller than normal a seven iron would be ideal being the most universal club, but you want to have the length to use it effectively. And best thing about golf is it is almost expected that people will be full of **** (and obvious) which also appears that will fit in nicely with dad's approach....

Comment

You want them to play for victor and what ever club he hasn’t been kicked out of yet. His yelling will make them the best players and maybe a trip to brrrrrrazil (roll that R !)

Comment

This is funny!

Comment

Stay away from any club even remotely associated with the failing Portland Timbers. Just saying the truth...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X