• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams Women's Soccer

Any word on the next coach?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Doesn't matter. My daughter isn't smart enough to go there.

Comment

Doesn't matter. My daughter isn't smart enough to go there.
      Thank you, we should close this thread then.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I heard she was coming up from Mt Holyoke or Smith

Comment

Must be straight then

Comment

You are joking right?

Comment

Is it really possible that people can be this misogynist in 2020? And you're raising kids that way?

Comment

Is it really possible that people can be this misogynist in 2020? And you're raising kids that way?
                  Of course they are. No one is born a mysoganistic homophobe, they learn that behavior.

Comment

I heard nut job from wheaton got it.

Comment

Of course they are. No one is born a mysoganistic homophobe, they learn that behavior.
                      ehh, you sure about that?
                      An argument can be made that more primitive cultures are less tolerant, and that economically advanced cultures teach tolerance.

PS: above assumes you are using the colloquial meaning of misogyny, akin to toxic male culture putting women in the kitchen and bedroom, rather than the psychological definition of misogyny that results from a trauma early by a female. If the latter, then you are right, it is a learned behavior and it is a women's fault.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...pot-misogynist

Comment

I am saying that no is born fearing women, or homosexual people, or fair skinned people, or green eyes people, etc. etc. They learn this behavior from their primitive culture or their economically advanced culture or whatever culture teaches it to them

Comment

I am saying that no is born fearing women, or homosexual people, or fair skinned people, or green eyes people, etc. etc. They learn this behavior from their primitive culture or their economically advanced culture or whatever culture teaches it to them
                          Your free to say that. I am free to say that is what your culture taught you to believe.
                          Your claim is unsubstantiated and is part of the ongoing nature vs. nurture debate.

We do know that people have instinctive sense of self-preservation/perpetuation, and that most people have fear of the unknown. The first time a person is exposed to something wildly different from their existing mental model they are scared. Yes the mental model is learned, but the fear is primal. Our society has taught us to normalize homosexuality, which is a very good thing, but other societies have not made that leap. It's still up for discussion which culture reflects primal instinct vs. learned behavior. Just because you value something so deeply doesn't make it true.

Humans are really not as kind a species as we make ourselves out to be. When resources become scarce, or threats are perceived as real, our tribal instincts return and we become vicious.

Comment

Parents and care givers are very influential in these attitudes kids learn. The kids in my preschool class dont even focus on skin color or gender as anything other then discriptive. "That kid has long hair, that kid has pink skin., Etc.". The judgements associated with these superficial attributes come later as kids grow up and are taught prejudicial views or not.

Comment

You know who it is

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X