Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Confronted the ref after the match (didn’t leave the facility). Should have been a lot longer.
    This can’t be true! Who’s the jack azz?

Comment

Where do you see the comprehensive report?

I see U16-19 had a red card (the Assortment, never heard of them), then Thelo at u14 boys, but have to click through each age group.

Comment

I see U16-19 had a red card (the Assortment, never heard of them), then Thelo at u14 boys, but have to click through each age group.
        Another one for Finezza 07 boys - this is kind of like watching cops.

Comment

Call around. Small community. Somebody somewhere was either there or heard about it. Like the loser in fall who couldn’t recall if he chestbumped the ref and got a 30 match ban

Comment

Call around. Small community. Somebody somewhere was either there or heard about it. Like the loser in fall who couldn’t recall if he chestbumped the ref and got a 30 match ban
            I know right.

It does seem though that t-s bitterness will last longer then his suspension.

Comment

I did:

3 match ban is soft. I got the scoop from a friend of a friend of a friend who heard it from somebody else so I know this is accurate.

Referee calls a foul in the 2nd half and the coach wanted a free kick without a wall. Coach is adamant that fouls accumulate/carry over to the 2nd half. Referee did not allow it (because foul count is reset at the new period). Coach calls a timeout to confront the referee and he goes on the court to tell him how he doesn't know the rules and tell him he's the worst referee ever. Referee gives him 1 yellow, then the 2nd. Sounds like the coach should have been tossed for confronting on the court to begin with. So THEN the coach doesn't leave the facility. He gets a copy and WAITS FOR THE REFEREE!!!!! and confront him as he is leaving. He tells the referee he needs to know the rules and gives him a copy. Clearly the coach did not read the same rules because FOULS DO NOT CARRY OVER TO THE 2ND HALF!!!!!

Look, this crap has to stop. I don't know who the Assortments are. They are clearly attached to a club somewhere. But these guys need fines, long bans, need to write letters of apology and make assurances now the parents and players know how WRONG the coach was. Parents are crazy because coaches are stupid, referee abuse is real and this is another example. No ref, no game.

Comment

I did:

3 match ban is soft. I got the scoop from a friend of a friend of a friend who heard it from somebody else so I know this is accurate.

Referee calls a foul in the 2nd half and the coach wanted a free kick without a wall. Coach is adamant that fouls accumulate/carry over to the 2nd half. Referee did not allow it (because foul count is reset at the new period). Coach calls a timeout to confront the referee and he goes on the court to tell him how he doesn't know the rules and tell him he's the worst referee ever. Referee gives him 1 yellow, then the 2nd. Sounds like the coach should have been tossed for confronting on the court to begin with. So THEN the coach doesn't leave the facility. He gets a copy and WAITS FOR THE REFEREE!!!!! and confront him as he is leaving. He tells the referee he needs to know the rules and gives him a copy. Clearly the coach did not read the same rules because FOULS DO NOT CARRY OVER TO THE 2ND HALF!!!!!

Look, this crap has to stop. I don't know who the Assortments are. They are clearly attached to a club somewhere. But these guys need fines, long bans, need to write letters of apology and make assurances now the parents and players know how WRONG the coach was. Parents are crazy because coaches are stupid, referee abuse is real and this is another example. No ref, no game.
                Similar to what I heard.

Comment

I did:

Damm....this is so pathetic. Respect the ref's...yes, they are going to be wrong at times, but not deliberately.

Comment

I did:

The Assortments are a band of goons. Players and coach both. (The parents at least seem to head to the bar during the matches).

Comment

Damm....this is so pathetic. Respect the ref's...yes, they are going to be wrong at times, but not deliberately.
                      It's judgement calls and it's a tough gig, but if it was really about accumulating fouls the coach was flat out wrong.

Comment

Futsal has a few more rules that are totally unique. All the referees are Futsal badged. Even so, they might not know everything, or forget, they are learning. It's not going to be as natural. OYSA Futsal is a year old. It's all for fun folks. Nobody is playing for the national futsal league and the carry over is debatable. Have fun with your outdoor teammates, or make new teammates and have fun. Leave the referees alone.

IMO the ban was weak because the confrontation to me is a major, major issue. You want to to talk about the referee you fill out the form. But it sounds like the coach didn't know what he was talking about anyway.

Comment

Where did all these Futsal Clubs Come From?

Interesting looking at the OYSA Futsal Cup results: https://oysa.affinitysoccer.com/tour...489&show=girls.

A year ago that would have been won by RCF at every age, with a couple of outdoor teams mixed in between; now some new clubs have propped up there.

What are the big clubs doing in terms of futsal - Crossfire, Eastside, FC, PCU, United, Westside, Willamette? What about ADF?

For the young ambitious coach, is futsal the way to start a club these days? Doesn't appear to be too much of a barrier to getting one up and running.

Comment

Interesting looking at the OYSA Futsal Cup results: https://oysa.affinitysoccer.com/tour...489&show=girls.

A year ago that would have been won by RCF at every age, with a couple of outdoor teams mixed in between; now some new clubs have propped up there.

What are the big clubs doing in terms of futsal - Crossfire, Eastside, FC, PCU, United, Westside, Willamette? What about ADF?

For the young ambitious coach, is futsal the way to start a club these days? Doesn't appear to be too much of a barrier to getting one up and running.
                            No coaching required to play 4 v 4 with a GK on a basketball sized court, all that's needed is small low bounce futsal ball and you've got game. Beauty is you can play the 'street ball' ad hoc game indoors or outdoors on concrete to turf. Coaching free play is beyond counter intuitive. unless you cant make money actually coaching professional or collegiate soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X