Which club?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 years ago, the club was pretty much nothing. I'd say they are worth looking at just given by how far they have come recently. I'd say any club you are looking it is worth watching (and if they allow, joining in) a practice and a game.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hard to explain. We have been a lot happier than at TBU as well. Younger groups will be stronger than older groups and they know that and are paying more attention and giving them better coaching at that age than some of the surrounding clubs (just my opinion I guess).

Best advice from a premier parent, just go to a practice or two. Make a phone call and see what field/coach you need to go to. Club is usually pretty open to a kid hitting a training or two (this is how we ended up there), you will get a better feel for parents/coaches/club that way. Also a good dry run for finding out if the drive is worth it, you may find that after traversing 54 at rush hour your little one needs to find a new sport lol.

Comment

One more question .. I promise the last one :-)

How about the TBU Palm Harbor locations … are there any good programs in Palm Harbor?

Comment

That campus is mainly Rec plus. They always had a good rec program over there (not sure if it still is or not) and were always a step down on the competitive side. WFF had team there for a while, but they didn't feel the love and broke away. Now it's TBU, but they generally are the 3rd or 4th team in quality for TBU at the age groups they even have. If you live nearby, it could be worth doing as I'd imagine TBU would give a player some guest play chances with their better Tampa teams, but I really don't know. I had a friend with a son play there a few years back when it was WFF and switching to TBU, but ultimately they switched clubs to get on a better team.

It made more sense when they were part of WFF and where at least close to East Lake so they could combine players, but now they are a hike from the mothership.

How about the TBU Palm Harbor locations … are there any good programs in Palm Harbor?

Comment

Good advice. And you have to balance what's the best spot for your son with what works for your life. He'll have fun playing the sport anywhere. If FP is better in his age group than CC, that may be great for him, but can you realistically make practice. If so, that's great. If you are rushing from your job, then don't fret too much. Your kid can even learn a thing or two at Strictly and have some fun.

Hard to explain. We have been a lot happier than at TBU as well. Younger groups will be stronger than older groups and they know that and are paying more attention and giving them better coaching at that age than some of the surrounding clubs (just my opinion I guess).

Best advice from a premier parent, just go to a practice or two. Make a phone call and see what field/coach you need to go to. Club is usually pretty open to a kid hitting a training or two (this is how we ended up there), you will get a better feel for parents/coaches/club that way. Also a good dry run for finding out if the drive is worth it, you may find that after traversing 54 at rush hour your little one needs to find a new sport lol.

Comment

Not really. Most of the better PH kids get pulled into Tampa to play for the better teams. Not bashing them or anything, but if there is talent there they will likely push you to radice/waters/monroe.

Comment

Oh man I promised no more questions but I have one more that I can't seem to find answers to...

What is the difference between FYSA Region C Commissioners Cup and FYSA State Cup?

Thanks

Comment

It depends on the age. At the younger ages, Commissioner's Cup is the top level of competition. Once you get to U13, Commissioner's Cup is essentially a lower tier regional competition with President's Cup being a tier higher and State Cup being the highest. State Cup is pretty much just for top teams at a club, but a few of the larger clubs may have more than 1 state cup team in an age group. The rest would typically play in the second and third tiers. President's Cup is typically for high level second teams or first teams at clubs that are not as competitive state-wide. In my experience, it's about 2/3rd first teams from secondary clubs and 1/3 second teams from stronger clubs. Commissioner's Cup is for the rest.

Oh man I promised no more questions but I have one more that I can't seem to find answers to...

What is the difference between FYSA Region C Commissioners Cup and FYSA State Cup?

Thanks

Comment

Look into CC if your looking for long term development for your child. Depending on how good they are, CC offers a full DA which most clubs in the area don't. Also, CC is the only club in the area with staying power as they have been around for over 40 years. No other club can say that, all others have merged, been taken over etc..

Comment

Florida Premier is actually older than CC (just a name change along the way), has never merged or been taken over, but has grown bigger than CC even without a DA. If you want a full DA, look to TBU as they are now the top dog in the DA world. If your kid is not in the DA, look to Florida Premier. If you generally want quality soccer and CC is the closest, they are good enough as an option too.

Look into CC if your looking for long term development for your child. Depending on how good they are, CC offers a full DA which most clubs in the area don't. Also, CC is the only club in the area with staying power as they have been around for over 40 years. No other club can say that, all others have merged, been taken over etc..

Comment

Looks like Chargers Soccer Club, Inc started in 1982. Premier started in 1979. Not sure why any of that matters. Look at who is better for your kid today. I'd understand being hesitant to go to a club less than 5 years old, but WFF, FP, CC, TBU have all been around long enough to just judge them by how they are today.

Florida Premier is actually older than CC (just a name change along the way), has never merged or been taken over, but has grown bigger than CC even without a DA. If you want a full DA, look to TBU as they are now the top dog in the DA world. If your kid is not in the DA, look to Florida Premier. If you generally want quality soccer and CC is the closest, they are good enough as an option too.

Comment

Update:

So my kid got invited to the TSYSA Liverpool and settled in well. He likes the team and the coach. I don't like the drive … oh well whatever. He played a tourney with them and got 2nd place and have been going to practice for a couple weeks now. But they just dropped the announcement on us that Liverpool will be Florida Premier FC next year. I don't know what this will mean for us... but some of his team mates already said that they will probably move over there for better training and better league options. I feel like it is going to pan out bad because the talent will leave the team. I think Florida Premier is the stronger side and will attract the better players and leave Liverpool dry. Oh well … back to club shopping then LOL

Comment

Update:

So my kid got invited to the TSYSA Liverpool and settled in well. He likes the team and the coach. I don't like the drive … oh well whatever. He played a tourney with them and got 2nd place and have been going to practice for a couple weeks now. But they just dropped the announcement on us that Liverpool will be Florida Premier FC next year. I don't know what this will mean for us... but some of his team mates already said that they will probably move over there for better training and better league options. I feel like it is going to pan out bad because the talent will leave the team. I think Florida Premier is the stronger side and will attract the better players and leave Liverpool dry. Oh well … back to club shopping then LOL
                          Lol...better league options? They play in USA, CDL and FSPL. Those are the lowest leagues in FL.

Comment

FSPL is the highest FYSA league in the state. Don't listen to the TS ridiculousness. Plus, the rumors are all around that in the coming days they will get either NPL, ECNL or both. Yes, the shopping will continue, but you should keep the Tarpon campus of what will be Florida Premier on your shopping list at least. As for kids wanting to move over, they'd need to make those teams first anyway so who knows until tryouts anyways. Good luck

Lol...better league options? They play in USA, CDL and FSPL. Those are the lowest leagues in FL.

Comment

If you can walk and chew gum you can make Florida Premier top team.

Comment

If you can walk and chew gum you can make Florida Premier top team.
                                Exactly!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X