Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, your statement that they play 3-4 games in the fall is false, correct?
    Here's the thing. DA espouses a 10 month program and no HS as HS soccer is apparently very detrimental to soccer development. Yet, many of the best players actually do play HS soccer under the guise of Prep schools with waivers (or simply "trying out" in November). For teams that allow many waivers, it is easy for them to manipulate the schedules to play very few games in said two months until the good players come to play. That said, many games in September and October are even more of a joke than in the spring. If USSF was serious, it would be no waivers, period. Rosters frozen on September 1. As it is now, top players do as they please and the stiffs that give up HS pay for them and hold the fort until said good players return to castigate paying players back to bench. As I said in my original post, plenty of teams with very few games in the fall ... not all, but plenty! Got it?

Comment

Here's the thing. DA espouses a 10 month program and no HS as HS soccer is apparently very detrimental to soccer development. Yet, many of the best players actually do play HS soccer under the guise of Prep schools with waivers (or simply "trying out" in November). For teams that allow many waivers, it is easy for them to manipulate the schedules to play very few games in said two months until the good players come to play. That said, many games in September and October are even more of a joke than in the spring. If USSF was serious, it would be no waivers, period. Rosters frozen on September 1. As it is now, top players do as they please and the stiffs that give up HS pay for them and hold the fort until said good players return to castigate paying players back to bench. As I said in my original post, plenty of teams with very few games in the fall ... not all, but plenty! Got it?
      Yes, some clubs are bending the rules with the November adds. Great players get special treatments. Oh well. It's a mess and glad our club said no f-en way.

Doesn't change the fact that you made a ludicrous statement and got called out on it. got it?

Comment

Yes, some clubs are bending the rules with the November adds. Great players get special treatments. Oh well. It's a mess and glad our club said no f-en way.

Doesn't change the fact that you made a ludicrous statement and got called out on it. got it?
        Certainly I used a little hyperbole, but is it really ludicrous when I provided two local examples in a single age group (and there are PLENTY more out there) of DA and GDA teams playing only 3 or 4 games in an 8-10 week period in the fall .... that is ridiculous. Any parent who pays to have their kid skip HS until the starters get back to reclaim their spots is absolutely nuts and GDA is full of those ... especially in the NE. If my assertion didnt have any merit, they wouldnt play all of their fall showcases in regions that play soccer in the spring!!!! Glad your kid is special ... bet she is an @$$hole like you who thinks she is special .... better get her kevlar shorts to keep the splinters out of her ass from here on out.

Comment

Certainly I used a little hyperbole, but is it really ludicrous when I provided two local examples in a single age group (and there are PLENTY more out there) of DA and GDA teams playing only 3 or 4 games in an 8-10 week period in the fall .... that is ridiculous. Any parent who pays to have their kid skip HS until the starters get back to reclaim their spots is absolutely nuts and GDA is full of those ... especially in the NE. If my assertion didnt have any merit, they wouldnt play all of their fall showcases in regions that play soccer in the spring!!!! Glad your kid is special ... bet she is an @$$hole like you who thinks she is special .... better get her kevlar shorts to keep the splinters out of her ass from here on out.
          Well, after that rant you sure showed me...

So, to recap, you said that teams play 3-4 games in the fall, I said that was incorrect. You disagreed, and I showed you the proof otherwise.

You doubled down, went on an anti-DA rant, and doubled down again no went out called me and my kid an azzhole.

Thanks. Real comfortable where we are and her Club. I won't speak for everyone as everyone's situations are different.

In the meantime, may I suggest a walk in this nice weather, maybe rub one out or take a pull on a doob or something? You need to relax, mom.

Comment

Well I wanted to keep bashing RI... you all went off on a DA rant. Driving to East Providence SUCKS... that's why Bayside can't get in the ECNL.

Comment

When does ECNL release the new clubs for the 2020-2021 season?

Comment

When does ECNL release the new clubs for the 2020-2021 season?
                Pretty close to tryouts in May. News flash. There won’t be any in New England.

Comment

Pretty close to tryouts in May. News flash. There won’t be any in New England.
                  Every club should be gda and ECNL if they want so no one's feelings get hurt. Every kid deserves a patch sleeve and a trophy.

Comment

Which is why top players choose to stick with ECNL - so they can play HS not because of the great training but it’s fun! It’s part of HS experience- and then to go to club and they are not “behind” - GDA players have nothing on the ECNl players - the stars and scorpionS 01/02 could easily beat 01/02 NEFC DA

Comment

Which is why top players choose to stick with ECNL - so they can play HS not because of the great training but it’s fun! It’s part of HS experience- and then to go to club and they are not “behind” - GDA players have nothing on the ECNl players - the stars and scorpionS 01/02 could easily beat 01/02 NEFC DA
                      Our HS has 1600 kids. Between boys and girls, there are about 120 playing soccer.

What do the other 1480 +/- kids do for fun if they aren't playing soccer?

Comment

Our HS has 1600 kids. Between boys and girls, there are about 120 playing soccer.

Stupidest post ever - the point is HS SPORTS is part of HS experience - as are the arts, clubs and anything else a kid is interested in. They are kids who should not have to forgo activities at their HS because some crazy parent living through their kid is wants their kid to train all year thinking it’s the only way to be competitive - my D plays HS and ECNL and is committed to a D1 - guess it all worked out....

Comment

Stupidest post ever - the point is HS SPORTS is part of HS experience - as are the arts, clubs and anything else a kid is interested in. They are kids who should not have to forgo activities at their HS because some crazy parent living through their kid is wants their kid to train all year thinking it’s the only way to be competitive - my D plays HS and ECNL and is committed to a D1 - guess it all worked out....
                          Great for your kid. You do realize not everyone follows the same tune, correct?

Would it be possible for a kid to play a club sport, and enjoy it, and have other ways to enjoy their HS experience?

I am more concerned with the crazy parents who are pushing their HS glory days onto their kid. That's been the more common theme then the crazy parents you reference.

Players have been bypassing HS sports for other opportunities for at least 40 years. Why are your panties in a knot now, mom? I see you didn't rub one out yesterday and the stress is still high. Maybe today?

Comment

They could go play GDA ..... Ple ty of spots in that vastly oversized league and no talent necessary.

Comment

They could go play GDA ..... Ple ty of spots in that vastly oversized league and no talent necessary.
                              It is curious why the anti-DA comments come up so often. For a nothing league with no talent and a waste of time and money, it sure does generate a lot of commentary.

Typically, if something is not of a concern or worth your time, it's ignored.

Hmmmmm..........

Comment

DA concern and hatred runs so deep it has to filter into a Bayside ECNL thread...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X