Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The LM I am talking about is the same team and coach that played the last 2 seasons in the ECNL as Continental FC that split with Bucks, 2 wins each.
    I don't think it is exactly the same team. There is a core group from Continental but there are also girls from other places on that team. One very good player from Copa for sure.

It's fair to say the top 10 teams in PAE aren't separated by much.

Comment

I don't think it is exactly the same team. There is a core group from Continental but there are also girls from other places on that team. One very good player from Copa for sure.

It's fair to say the top 10 teams in PAE aren't separated by much.
      Top 6

Classics
      Fusion
      Coppa
      LM Ignyte
      Bucks
      Fusion Western Lehigh

Not really sure who the next four would be. The drop off is significant...

Comment

The LMSC I'm talking about is Lower Merion SC Ignite. About a year ago, they became a completely remade team from some of the top players previously at Delco (Continental) and at least one of the best from Copa Rage and probably some that were at Lower Merion to start. Indeed, LMSC was beat by World Class this past weekend 4-0. But FC Bucks ECNL was beat by World Class 6-0. So not sure how you call them embarrassing form that. I watched World Class ECNL play this past weekend. They are very, very good.
        How good can they possibly be they were in the 2nd bracket @ Penn Fusion

Comment

How good can they possibly be they were in the 2nd bracket @ Penn Fusion
          Please tell me that's a joke! On the East coast the ECNL teams are stronger than the DA teams on average. So to have a separate DA bracket "at the top" is a joke and probably just means the DA is scared of crossover competition. I like that ECNL plays EDP teams in tournaments and showcases. Let's' you see who's who.

Comment

Top 6

Classics
            Fusion
            Coppa
            LM Ignyte
            Bucks
            Fusion Western Lehigh

Not really sure who the next four would be. The drop off is significant...
            I don't think the drop off is that significant. There are many teams that swap wins with those on your list. Some of the smaller clubs are less consistent because injuries affect performance with less depth. You probably wont find a better ranking system than the one below. The difference in points is the predicted goal differential if the teams play. This works for EDP and ENCL teams. Not sure it works for DA teams as they never seem to play outside of the DA.

https://youthsoccerrankings.us/rankings/PAE/15/Girls/

Comment

Please tell me that's a joke! On the East coast the ECNL teams are stronger than the DA teams on average. So to have a separate DA bracket "at the top" is a joke and probably just means the DA is scared of crossover competition. I like that ECNL plays EDP teams in tournaments and showcases. Let's' you see who's who.
              It's really because the DA teams play under a different set of rules and only 1 game a day.

Comment

It's really because the DA teams play under a different set of rules and only 1 game a day.
                Or because any crossover games WOULD dispel the illusion of superiority that USSF is always pitching for their product. Same on the boys side for more than a decade. They fear the mantra of anyplace, anytime.

Comment

The old ecnl vs Gda argument. Both good leagues. Hard to say which is better overall but I would agree with you that in the NE ecnl probably has the edge.

Comment

The GDA is very protective of their turf as they don’t want to get embarrassed, at least ECNL teams will play anyone anytime. Tells you what a joke USSF is....

Comment

Or because any crossover games WOULD dispel the illusion of superiority that USSF is always pitching for their product. Same on the boys side for more than a decade. They fear the mantra of anyplace, anytime.
                      No seriously, it's because the DA flights at these tournaments play by different rules. If teams want to play in the DA fights they have to agree to play by the DA rules. Pretty simple really.

Comment

I would mind playing one game per day to satisfy DA rules, do you think they would let us in???nope not a chance. They would be too embarrassed and risk losing out. At least the ECNL has some guts and plays anyone anywhere....

Comment

I would mind playing one game per day to satisfy DA rules, do you think they would let us in???nope not a chance. They would be too embarrassed and risk losing out. At least the ECNL has some guts and plays anyone anywhere....

There were ECNL USYS, US CLUB teams playing DA teams all over the country. It happens. It also happened last year at the Penn Fusion Winter Showcase.

Comment

Does the FC bucks 05 team ever play DA teams?

Comment

Does the FC bucks 05 team ever play DA teams?
                              No and why should they go out of their way to do so? Why enter a tournament and play less games with more restrictions just to play a DA team. It makes no sense.

Comment

No and why should they go out of their way to do so? Why enter a tournament and play less games with more restrictions just to play a DA team. It makes no sense.
                                Shame they should play the best of the best and that is at the DA level....PA Classics, Penn Fusion etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X