Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes if they WERE recruiting/collecting they would be more dominant! I guess it’s never occurred to you there are soccer playing families out here in R.I. that have a life outside of soccer first off. Secondly, the education at LSA far surpasses any athletic program they have. What’s at a gross disadvantage is the difference of education in comparison to most of the high schools in this state. Don’t blame it on “collecting” because you too could pay for the same experience. I will warn you, there are DA caliber players who may not play the amount of time that your star is getting at her high school.
    Scituate has the best education in the state, not just for public, but private too.

Comment

The only thing worse than that is how most of us on this site have been duped into spending so much money on "premier" soccer crap and gotten very little, if any, financial benefit from it!!!

and don't pretend most of us weren't for a fleeting moment hoping for it!!!!
      No, I didn't have any illusions my kid would ever rise to anything more than a D2/D3 player or if a lower D1 than it was for academics with no scholarship (or the club team at a D1 school). The kind of trap as you also know is the power of the watered down premier growth so enough of the high school teammates also bail (and high school playing time/performance did matter to her) bailed from the local competitive program (which was good enough if most of the other kids stayed as well since only one player from her team went onto a D1 program, the other star athlete opted for college track, and the rest who kept playing were D3 or one (who was a All-state lower level pick) didn't even decide to play due to burn out).

It's a bad cycle - younger kids see the older kids go off to premier (and this was a few years ago when there were a few more options before they got merged/disbanded).

Comment

Yes if they WERE recruiting/collecting they would be more dominant! I guess it’s never occurred to you there are soccer playing families out here in R.I. that have a life outside of soccer first off. Secondly, the education at LSA far surpasses any athletic program they have. What’s at a gross disadvantage is the difference of education in comparison to most of the high schools in this state. Don’t blame it on “collecting” because you too could pay for the same experience. I will warn you, there are DA caliber players who may not play the amount of time that your star is getting at her high school.
        Then why do only private school kids get waivers from the DA? Public school kids don't.

Comment

Then why do only private school kids get waivers from the DA? Public school kids don't.
          Yup..at least one club is showing it's about the players over the dollars..

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/...pment-academy/

given the rules, a DA player getting a waiver for RI private school would be violating RIIL eligibility, but eh, nobody is going to call that out..

"The only way a FT player can compete on their high school team is if the player attends a private school that requires the player to play sport to retain their scholarship or is a curriculum requirement. The player/club would need to obtain an official letter from the school’s head master/principle explaining the student-athletes situation. If approved, the player would then be eligible to register with their Academy team, join their high school team when the season starts, and re-join their Academy team upon conclusion of the high school season. Please see Academy ruling on high school soccer participation below.

High School Participation

Academy Players currently registered with an Academy Club have committed to forgo participating in both the Academy and high school soccer. Players who participate in high school soccer are ineligible to participate in Academy practice and competition during that same season. Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to remain on their clubs Academy roster during the high school soccer season. This waiver must be received by DA office before September 1, 2018 to be considered for the roster exemption. The waiver eligibility guidelines are as follows:

Players who receive consideration or financial aid to attend a private high school based on their participation with the soccer team are eligible"

Comment

The supposed superior academics at LaSalle have been a myth for the last 20 years. Ever since LaSalle went co-ed they education there went downhill. First, they accept everyone who takes the test and applies. Have you ever heard of anyone who applied and didn’t get accepted? Second, LaSalle is overcrowded. They’ve got more kids per class size than any of the top suburban high schools in RI (EG, SK, NK). The school has outgrown it’s walls for years since they’ve been accepting anyone who applies.

Comment

The prep school kids get DA waivers, not private school kids. Prep schools give financial aid based on a lot of criterion including athletics. Playing at least 2 team sports a year is a requirement at almost all prep schools. Private high schools in RIIL cannot, by rule, offer financial aid based on anything other than financial need.

Comment

Weather today perfect for CW to throttle Lasalle!

Comment

And just another year where West parents come on here and talk like they have a good team and lose LSA in playoffs 3 to 0. Be humble and maybe you would advance further.

Comment

That is lose *to LSA 3 to 0.

Comment

That is lose *to LSA 3 to 0.
                      Obviously that was somebody trolling so I wouldn’t really find it necessary to take it out on the cell parents. Was that really the score today?

Comment

Yes it was, 3-0 & LaSalle advances

Comment

Any other Saturday scores for d1 or d2?

Comment

Any other Saturday scores for d1 or d2?
                            MH advanced over NK in Penalty Kicks; 0 to 0 in regular/OT; 3 to 1 in PK.. typical NK season.

Pilgrim match delayed at couple of hours so just getting going. think others are tonight.

Comment

MH advanced over NK in Penalty Kicks; 0 to 0 in regular/OT; 3 to 1 in PK.. typical NK season.

Pilgrim match delayed a couple of hours so just getting going. think others are tonight.
                              What is it about girls high school soccer that elicits so many comments? 48+ pages here on girls soccer but not one page on the boys. I find it interesting.

No HS coach has done LESS with MORE than the past couple of NK coaches. No team has routinely lost to a lower seed than NK... year after year after year.

Comment

What is it about girls high school soccer that elicits so many comments? 48+ pages here on girls soccer but not one page on the boys. I find it interesting.

No HS coach has done LESS with MORE than the past couple of NK coaches. No team has routinely lost to a lower seed than NK... year after year after year.
                                Must be a R.I. thing with girls HS soccer. On MA board, the boys HS thread has more than double the posts as the girls.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X