Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Another good post! I am watching a tournament as you speak these kids can’t make 1!or even two passes this is the top level team from this club, the other teams can’t do it either. *** is going on here man! It’s like watching 4-5 yr olds. All of these kids here have been playing since 3-5 yrs old and to watch this is absurd. They were never taught anything at a really young age. They can’t connect a pass because they have zero technique. Where do you take your business is the question name the coach or cub and iam gone! I just don’t or haven’t seen it here.
    Playing in
    Naoles?

Comment

Soccer is not a Florida sport. Baseball and football are Florida sports. In fact, the beat baseball and football players in America are Floridians. California has the beat soccer in America. It’s a shame.
      What are "beat" baseball and football players and what is "beat" soccer?

Comment

Another good post! I am watching a tournament as you speak these kids can’t make 1!or even two passes this is the top level team from this club, the other teams can’t do it either. *** is going on here man! It’s like watching 4-5 yr olds. All of these kids here have been playing since 3-5 yrs old and to watch this is absurd. They were never taught anything at a really young age. They can’t connect a pass because they have zero technique. Where do you take your business is the question name the coach or cub and iam gone! I just don’t or haven’t seen it here.
        The level of play at even the highest level of fysa soccer is just pathetic. Referees are pathetic. Fields are pathetic. Like you said kids cannot make 2 or 3 passes. Kids playing since 4 years old. DA is not perfect. Many flaws but fysa is so bad it makes DA looks like paradise in comparison. No wonder kids stop playing at 15. Who wants to do this with their weekends ? Here’s to hoping the Da system - with all its flaws - expands or another serious avenue of play is available to kids in the future. Will not mention who I saw play or even the tournament. Suffice to say top ranked teams in the state and it might as well have been a school yard match.

Comment

The level of play at even the highest level of fysa soccer is just pathetic. Referees are pathetic. Fields are pathetic. Like you said kids cannot make 2 or 3 passes. Kids playing since 4 years old. DA is not perfect. Many flaws but fysa is so bad it makes DA looks like paradise in comparison. No wonder kids stop playing at 15. Who wants to do this with their weekends ? Here’s to hoping the Da system - with all its flaws - expands or another serious avenue of play is available to kids in the future. Will not mention who I saw play or even the tournament. Suffice to say top ranked teams in the state and it might as well have been a school yard match.
          Your too kind! It’s a complete cluster of crap is what it is, ping pong but you just can’t keep it within the lines can you . Top premiere bracket not one kid can make a pass to feet, they try sometimes but oh well just kick it go on go ahead just blast it down there. Oh wow great kick Ricardo!!!! It’s a mad house!!!

Comment

Yep

What's wrong with soccer in Florida?

Simple

Florida is simply behind and hasn't been able to close the gap as fast as other areas of the country.

How will it get better?
            Well... The clubs implement the programs and the coaching staff owns the facilitation.

We have yet to see a club get either of these two things right. There's not a perfect club anywhere in the world, but come on, let's face it, until Florida clubs gets the right leadership in place and dumps a lot of these coaches that needed to go a long time ago, it will remain the same.

My estimate is that 10% of the coaches at any given club are qualified and actually do a superior job. We owe it to the kids to get that number to 90% and that means most of the club leadership needs to change because they have failed to find qualified staff for way too long

The funny thing is that at our club some of the best coaches didn't even grow up playing soccer. And some of the worst coaches played college soccer. There is more to being a coach than just having played the sport. Sadly most coaches at our club don't actually like opening their mouths and talking to the kids. It is all about communicating your expectations and communicating education

Comment

I see lots players at many clubs with great potential who have been failed by mediocre coaches with big egos who just want to find talented players to put a team together.
              Some of these coaches played some soccer in the past but have failed to evolve therefore they cant pass on what they don't possess.
              I see lots of players with good potential who work hard playing the game for years and still don't understand soccer because no one took the time to teach them the game. They move from coach to coach who either assume that they understand the game or don't know enough to teach them

Player Potential + Good Training (good coaching) = Talented Players

The game is evolving coaches have to evolve to develop players with potential to become talented players

We need a system to educate and certify coaches and require mandatory continuing education for our coaches.

A system need to be in place so Clubs and Parents need to work together to hold these coaches responsible

Comment

I totally agree.
                I see these coaches with inflated egos ruining lives and thinking they are stars

Comment

I see lots players at many clubs with great potential who have been failed by mediocre coaches with big egos who just want to find talented players to put a team together.
                  Some of these coaches played some soccer in the past but have failed to evolve therefore they cant pass on what they don't possess.
                  I see lots of players with good potential who work hard playing the game for years and still don't understand soccer because no one took the time to teach them the game. They move from coach to coach who either assume that they understand the game or don't know enough to teach them

Player Potential + Good Training (good coaching) = Talented Players

The game is evolving coaches have to evolve to develop players with potential to become talented players

We need a system to educate and certify coaches and require mandatory continuing education for our coaches.

A system need to be in place so Clubs and Parents need to work together to hold these coaches responsible
                  How did this get missed? Coaches matter!

Comment

How did this get missed? Coaches matter!
                    Worst coaches I have ever seen on the whole from Rec to DA. What the hell us going on down here. Great weather beaches but the worst soccer hands down in the USA by far

Comment

I totally agree.
                      I see these coaches with inflated egos ruining lives and thinking they are stars
                      True !!!! Bloody disgrace

Comment

Well at least it has gotten better

It might be bad in Florida. But it is a hell of a lot better than it was 30 years ago. We have a guy who is from a state up north. I don't want to say which. I prefer to stay anonymous as possible. Lets face it. These boards are toxic at times.

But suffice to say he says the team concept of playing soccer is much more developed up North. I think it is because the coaches simply demand the kids play team soccer.

The only time I've really seen our teams pass the ball around good was when the team they were playing was far inferior and we were already up big. I've also seen much better teams do that to us. But if the teams are even it seems that team soccer concepts go completely out the window.

As I've said before. On Throw-Ins the team switch is almost always available. And it is never used. Centerbacks wide open for the switch and nobody does this. Basic stuff kis aren't switched on or even aware of what they can do with the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered-J View Post
                          It might be bad in Florida. But it is a hell of a lot better than it was 30 years ago. We have a guy who is from a state up north. I don't want to say which. I prefer to stay anonymous as possible. Lets face it. These boards are toxic at times.

But suffice to say he says the team concept of playing soccer is much more developed up North. I think it is because the coaches simply demand the kids play team soccer.

The only time I've really seen our teams pass the ball around good was when the team they were playing was far inferior and we were already up big. I've also seen much better teams do that to us. But if the teams are even it seems that team soccer concepts go completely out the window.

As I've said before. On Throw-Ins the team switch is almost always available. And it is never used. Centerbacks wide open for the switch and nobody does this. Basic stuff kis aren't switched on or even aware of what they can do with the ball.
                          These posts are laughable! Soccer is a team sport, and soccer in fl is disgustingly poor. You are correct no passing no team concept. Up north you say? Most places in this country play the game. Here it’s the worst I have seen anywhere! Watch a Mexican league game then watch the prem or Spanish league . There’s your hard contrast, run around like idiots. Last time I checked it’s easier to let the ball do the work

Comment

parents

Comment

What's wrong with soccer in Florida? Just about every club is under some sort of an investigation, that's what's wrong.
                              Like what clubs??

Comment

spoiled rich white kids and small spanish kids = one big pile of ****e

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X