Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The people have spoken and declare ECNL and travel clubs the best pathway to college, while still maintaining the ability to have a life and play in front of the student cheering section at high school.
    I'm sure the US Club league could use some more Oregon Local clubs to join in the People's choice league.

Snooze.....

Comment

The people have spoken and declare ECNL and travel clubs the best pathway to college, while still maintaining the ability to have a life and play in front of the student cheering section at high school.
      Only a handful of Oregonians are good enough to be considered for the Timbers/Thorns DA. Less than .01% of Oregonian youth & 99.9% of Oregonian youth can play Recreational or Recreational HS (V,JV & JV2) the get to play at Classic level in club with the Neighborhood club as they would never be candidates for the DA.

It's truly a blessing to have the DA for the superstars and the rest can play in front of HS kids & relatives, granted our HS team would of gotten more cheers if the Superstars would of played HS vs the DA. More cheers for my kid these dayz I say!!

Comment

The girls da is for any girl that is willing to give up high school. Some of the girls on the rosters were B team players elsewhere. Glad they found a place to get guaranteed playing time.

Comment

This isn't even an argument. Case closed. GDA ban on high school was a bad, bad idea.
          The soccer people tried to tell them. I am not sure if they people who designed it have any soccer experience. They might I suppose.

Comment

The girls da is for any girl that is willing to give up high school. Some of the girls on the rosters were B team players elsewhere. Glad they found a place to get guaranteed playing time.
            So what if they are B "teamers"? You sound like a real stuck up person.

Kids just want to play and have fun. No reason they need to get cut down by people like you just because they aren't the best.

Comment

Only a handful of Oregonians are good enough to be considered for the Timbers/Thorns DA. Less than .01% of Oregonian youth & 99.9% of Oregonian youth can play Recreational or Recreational HS (V,JV & JV2) the get to play at Classic level in club with the Neighborhood club as they would never be candidates for the DA.

It's truly a blessing to have the DA for the superstars and the rest can play in front of HS kids & relatives, granted our HS team would of gotten more cheers if the Superstars would of played HS vs the DA. More cheers for my kid these dayz I say!!
              Please stop. Quit trolling. No one believes you and you sound desperate.

Comment

So what if they are B "teamers"? You sound like a real stuck up person.

Kids just want to play and have fun. No reason they need to get cut down by people like you just because they aren't the best.
                The rule on guaranteed starts for all players gives some of those kids a chance to feel good and thats a good thing.

Comment

Superstars? I think you need to check out the rosters of those teams. Not superstars at all. Just kids of parents who think putting the Thorns logo on things and saying you're kid is in an "academy", like its La Masia or something, makes them superstars. It's a brand but it's not a brand to the level they'd like you to believe.

Comment

Superstars? I think you need to check out the rosters of those teams. Not superstars at all. Just kids of parents who think putting the Thorns logo on things and saying you're kid is in an "academy", like its La Masia or something, makes them superstars. It's a brand but it's not a brand to the level they'd like you to believe.
                    Branding? Similar to "Crossfire" United (For THUSC and LO) and "Roma" (FC Portland)

Aren't these guys doing the same thing?

Not sure what the argument is all about.

All three clubs (Thorns, "Crossfire" United, and FC Portland ECNL) have good players and not so great players on their roster. Parents and players are choosing what they think is best for their situation. There are pros and cons for all of the clubs.

Comment

Branding? Similar to "Crossfire" United (For THUSC and LO) and "Roma" (FC Portland)

Aren't these guys doing the same thing?

Not sure what the argument is all about.

All three clubs (Thorns, "Crossfire" United, and FC Portland ECNL) have good players and not so great players on their roster. Parents and players are choosing what they think is best for their situation. There are pros and cons for all of the clubs.
                      Brand or category: Local Neighborhood Soccer: FC PDX & CU

Brand or Category: NWSL Professional US Soccer DA: Thorns

Sorry you didn't understand the tiers or distinctions. It happens.

Comment

The NWSL Thorns & MLS Timbers DA are both tasked with finding and selecting our local Superstars and US Soccer has given only them this responsibility in our market.

Basically bringing in the best of the best, which does mean having sign top youth players from across the country & globe if the local supply doesn't measure up.

Let me just enjoy the HS (jv) games in nice weather and let the pro academies do their thing.

Comment

The NWSL Thorns & MLS Timbers DA are both tasked with finding and selecting our local Superstars and US Soccer has given only them this responsibility in our market.

Basically bringing in the best of the best, which does mean having sign top youth players from across the country & globe if the local supply doesn't measure up.

Let me just enjoy the HS (jv) games in nice weather and let the pro academies do their thing.
                          Lol. You sound desperate.

Comment

Brand or category: Local Neighborhood Soccer: FC PDX & CU

Brand or Category: NWSL Professional US Soccer DA: Thorns

Sorry you didn't understand the tiers or distinctions. It happens.
                            Yes, I get the brand.

The Thorns and Timbers list the camps that they run thru out the summer. They have lots of them if you interested.

Comment

Lol. You sound desperate.
                              Watching my daughter play in 12 minutes under the October Sun? Pure heaven.

What's your problem? Seriously.

Comment

Yes, I get the brand.

The Thorns and Timbers list the camps that they run thru out the summer. They have lots of them if you interested.
                                Yes pro teams typically do have camps for the local kids, kids love the Pro teams in our P-Town. Sellouts and championships bring quite the crowd, you are correct.

Timbers/Thorns is the 'soccer' Brand of Oregon, I must admit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X