X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You mean the Portland Timbers?

He got signed by a European club, got hurt, and is now playing in Liga MX. Why would he want to play for MLS if he can play for a better league?

(Besides--he went to IMG post Westside; at that time the Timbers Academy was still in its infancy).
    You have got to be kidding me saying that Liga MX is a better league than MLS!

Comment

I don't know what that means, but just yesterday a Westside parent/coach were speculating that some parents don't like Westside because of its racial diversity.

There are racists in this town, but speculating that is the reason some parents don't like Westside is their diversity is called playing the race card.
      Get over yourself. It was joke...credit...card. As in, $$$. Westside may be diverse, and that is a good thing! A thing to celebrate! People don't like Westside because of people like you.

Comment

I don't know what that means, but just yesterday a Westside parent/coach were speculating that some parents don't like Westside because of its racial diversity. There are racists in this town, but speculating that is the reason some parents don't like Westside is their diversity is called playing the race card.
        Other clubs are rarely targets, they have no cache of achievements or coaching staff that attracts studs, if you're doing nothing, people say nothing.

So the spin with the 'credit card' reference was a tongue in cheek joke about what other types of 'cards' can be played vs 'race' card at WST, perhaps the credit 'card'...

Comment

Westside tries to play the race card all the time.
          Give specific examples.

Comment

Yep - didn't start this 💩 thread, but my god does Westside drone on about some subjects, and when they do reminds one of this 💩 thread.
            So you needed to vent when you had no cause to do so?

Comment

I don't know what that means, but just yesterday a Westside parent/coach were speculating that some parents don't like Westside because of its racial diversity.

There are racists in this town, but speculating that is the reason some parents don't like Westside is their diversity is called playing the race card.
              Nice try. Do you really have a kid on a WT team? It would be vey easy to find out since parent/coaches there are very few.

Comment

As much as I hate to resurrect a thread containing a poop emoji I am going to go ahead and do that. Serious question: why the high turnover at the boy's younger's ages for westside? A couple of years ago it was the 06's. Last year it was the 07's. I imagine the trend will continue with the 08's. There is consistent bragging about how good the teams are at U10 and U11 and then half the kids are gone by U12. I have heard westside has a good boy's program, and they offer DA, so what is going on?

Comment

As much as I hate to resurrect a thread containing a poop emoji I am going to go ahead and do that. Serious question: why the high turnover at the boy's younger's ages for westside? A couple of years ago it was the 06's. Last year it was the 07's. I imagine the trend will continue with the 08's. There is consistent bragging about how good the teams are at U10 and U11 and then half the kids are gone by U12. I have heard westside has a good boy's program, and they offer DA, so what is going on?
                  Serious answer: They graduate/place more boys in the Timbers younger DA than all Oregon clubs combined. Layer in their own little DA at 07, 06 & 05 pulling players up and the cupboards once full at u10 & u11 are not so full.

All the OYSA observer gets to see this days is a team called Copa that arguably could be considered a decent B team or good C team (u12/13/14).
                  Typically they play in the u12, u13 & u14 OYSA Premier or 1st league. Not sure how they do it, but with their depth of talent they remain relevant in the OYSA.

No DA at 08 for Oregon clubs or the Timbers next seasonal year, so look for less departures/movement at many clubs, expect some player movement, but not the massive fracture/departures evident when there was a little DA pull and a big DA pull (timbers) at u12, u13 & u14.

Westside during this strange period (last 3 years) with a little DA and Big DA all competing for players somehow rebounds at u15 to u19 as the biggest fish in Oregon with their boys teams, sometimes even fielding a 2nd team that is in the top 4.

With the Timbers DA scaling back it's efforts prior to u15 in Oregon and the little Oregon DA league on the verge of extinction, the OYSA u12 (08) league will have all the best clubs and teams next fall.

Followed very soon by the return of the u13 (07) & U14 (06) little DA club teams. (Once the little DA league dissolves).

Normalcy will return to the local club scene.

08's will be a good start for all clubs hoping for new beginnings.

Comment

Serious answer: They graduate/place more boys in the Timbers younger DA than all Oregon clubs combined. Layer in their own little DA at 07, 06 & 05 pulling players up and the cupboards once full at u10 & u11 are not so full.

All the OYSA observer gets to see this days is a team called Copa that arguably could be considered a decent B team or good C team (u12/13/14).
                    Typically they play in the u12, u13 & u14 OYSA Premier or 1st league. Not sure how they do it, but with their depth of talent they remain relevant in the OYSA.

No DA at 08 for Oregon clubs or the Timbers next seasonal year, so look for less departures/movement at many clubs, expect some player movement, but not the massive fracture/departures evident when there was a little DA pull and a big DA pull (timbers) at u12, u13 & u14.

Westside during this strange period (last 3 years) with a little DA and Big DA all competing for players somehow rebounds at u15 to u19 as the biggest fish in Oregon with their boys teams, sometimes even fielding a 2nd team that is in the top 4.

With the Timbers DA scaling back it's efforts prior to u15 in Oregon and the little Oregon DA league on the verge of extinction, the OYSA u12 (08) league will have all the best clubs and teams next fall.

Followed very soon by the return of the u13 (07) & U14 (06) little DA club teams. (Once the little DA league dissolves).

Normalcy will return to the local club scene.

08's will be a good start for all clubs hoping for new beginnings.
                    The problem with your analysis is that there are no former Westside 07's playing in big DA. The problem with your 06 analysis is that there are only 2, possibly 3, playing in big DA. Most of the kids from these age groups left and went to other clubs. Why the mass exodus?

Comment

The problem with your analysis is that there are no former Westside 07's playing in big DA. The problem with your 06 analysis is that there are only 2, possibly 3, playing in big DA. Most of the kids from these age groups left and went to other clubs. Why the mass exodus?
                      Maybe those that left had plateaued and aren't relevant in youth soccer anymore. Maybe you have a theory.

Question for you, can you explain this club's incredible prolific presence after the little DA ages?Specifically the total dominance at u15, u16, u17, u18 & u19?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

**** coaches, and too many broken promises are why we will be leaving for another da team come May

Comment

**** coaches, and too many broken promises are why we will be leaving for another da team come May
                          FC PDX perhaps? Seems to be a popular destination from WT.

Comment

What kind of broken promises? Play time and position, or that your kid would actually be developed and learn how to play soccer that doesn't involve bootball and attempts to dribble through the entire opposing team?

Comment

Question for you, can you explain this club's incredible prolific presence after the little DA ages?Specifically the total dominance at u15, u16, u17, u18 & u19?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

What kind of broken promises? Play time and position, or that your kid would actually be developed and learn how to play soccer that doesn't involve bootball and attempts to dribble through the entire opposing team?
                                They promised I was going to be taller than 5'4" by age 14.

The told me I was a great Center mid as a 5'4 at age 9. At age 14 they told me to sit in the center of the bench.

So I left to a fledgling group of circus performers who value my ability to dribble nowhere and flick the ball around like a trained seal.

Feeling loved these days.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X