Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best South Shore Club to develop players

Hello, I just moved to the south shore from Texas, I have a 7 year old daughter and a 11 year daughter.

My 7 year old is a field player and my 11 year old is a Goalkeeper, I want to know which club has the best academy for developing her as a field player and which club has a good goalkeeping program for my eldest daughter.

I have heard of clubs on the south shore such as scorpions, select, galway and nefc etc. I don't know much about them and any input would be fantastic we live in Milton .Thank You very much for reading this.

Tammy

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello, I just moved to the south shore from Texas, I have a 7 year old daughter and a 11 year daughter.

My 7 year old is a field player and my 11 year old is a Goalkeeper, I want to know which club has the best academy for developing her as a field player and which club has a good goalkeeping program for my eldest daughter.

I have heard of clubs on the south shore such as scorpions, select, galway and nefc etc. I don't know much about them and any input would be fantastic we live in Milton .Thank You very much for reading this.

Tammy
    This forum will lead you to try :Galway Scorpions Select England Futebol Club

Seriously:

Every club is ok. Select and galway are second tier to the other two in the older age groups. But they are all about the same in younger age groups, with galway lagging a little behind. Their website will give you some perspective. Do that before asking this forum. Gd Luck!

Comment

Many clubs will let you come to a practice or two to see what the program is like. Talk to the Academy director as well as some parents. Many clubs will be holding camps and clinics during April vacation so there are options. Good luck

Comment

Tammy

Best two clubs on south shore are SS Select or Scorpions. Scorpions train in braintree mostly and select in Hinham area.

I would definately reach out to coachs and attend some practices.

Good luck!

Comment

Just seek out FI & your all set.

Comment

^this

Comment

I would of honestly said nefc is good choice but what i would do if i could start it over is id ask to attend a few practices to see if they are a fit.

Comment

Best two clubs on south shore are SS Select or Scorpions. Scorpions train in braintree mostly and select in Hinham area.

Good luck!
                Welcome to the South Shore. Select for the younger kids definitely. They also have a dedicated Goalie coach. For kids as young as yours anyway. Your kids will play year round and they have their own facility. The director of the academy is terrific. You may switch to another club like Scorpions when they get older. Galway is a better Boys club . Girls teams are generally weak. NEFC very weak on the South Shore except for one or two teams and they lack the facilities to play... That's JMO!

Comment

Call up scorpions girls director and talk with her. Exposure to the best technical training at the younger ages is critically important and really sets the stage for success down the road.

Also, Milton to Braintree is about as easy as it's going to get logistics-wise, which is very helpful when it comes to balancing multiple family considerations.

Comment

Welcome to the South Shore. Select for the younger kids definitely. They also have a dedicated Goalie coach. For kids as young as yours anyway. Your kids will play year round and they have their own facility. The director of the academy is terrific. You may switch to another club like Scorpions when they get older. Galway is a better Boys club . Girls teams are generally weak. NEFC very weak on the South Shore except for one or two teams and they lack the facilities to play... That's JMO!
                    I agree with this. My daughter was developed by their Academy. Liz Lima is the best around. We switched clubs later as they did not have a boys club at the time and we were juggling a girl and a boy so logisticaly it was difficult. She'll push the kids :)

I also agree with one of the posters that indicated maybe a switch at the older age groups. It just seems that there are simply more teams with some of the other clubs as they go U15 or so... Good luck.

Comment

I would of honestly said nefc is good choice but what i would do if i could start it over is id ask to attend a few practices to see if they are a fit.
                      Brought to you by cortesy of NEFC.

Comment

Brought to you by cortesy of Select that only cares about your money when kids are younger (bigger quantity) and then dump them.

Comment

Good luck!
                          Brought to you by cortesy of Scorpions who somehow use select as a farm club.

Comment

Brought to you "courtesy" of some illiterate loser.

Comment

Brought to you "courtesy" of some illiterate loser.
                              Brought to you by someone that hat fits.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X