Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Youth Futsal ID Camp

There is a futsal ID Camp in a few weeks, wondering if anyone had been though last years event and had any thoughts?

I know, futsal sucks, it doesnt help...blah, blah, blah!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is a futsal ID Camp in a few weeks, wondering if anyone had been though last years event and had any thoughts?

Futsal sucks.

Comment

On the contrary I think futsal is great for foot skills and can be a good supplement to regular training. However, an ID camp? Come on....really?

Comment

Just being honest - If you're not sure, don't go.

Comment

Futsal sucks.
          Blah-blah-blah!

Comment

On the contrary I think futsal is great for foot skills and can be a good supplement to regular training. However, an ID camp? Come on....really?
            My thoughts exactly.

Comment

The futsual ID camp is like a name drop box they call everyone please they need players money blah blah blah ! You can do whatever you want its your child life nothing is stopping you blah blah blah !

Comment

A Money grab. Las year they also had tryouts. I never heard of them ever since. Until now. Regional ID Camp?How much? Who's attending? 10 kids from Nep Premiership+ 10 kids from Maple Red. Some of these people started northeastern futsal league last year. Stay away from it. It sucked big time.

Comment

A Money grab. Las year they also had tryouts. I never heard of them ever since. Until now. Regional ID Camp?How much? Who's attending? 10 kids from Nep Premiership+ 10 kids from Maple Red. Some of these people started northeastern futsal league last year. Stay away from it. It sucked big time.
                  A total scam and waste of time. Not futsal, but this "ID" camp.

Comment

It is a national program run by Kieth Tozer, US National Futsal team coach. It doesn't get more credible than that.

http://www.usyouthfutsal.com/events/...d/index_E.html

The only problem I have with this is that it's not funded yet.

Comment

It's a good program, and they will play great competition when they get to national events in Kansas city. The u14s national team has several ECNL players .The south regional team is texas based and all ECNL players plus dallas kicks players (who are one of the tops teams in the country at u14). The quality of comp is much better than ODP in Texas region..plus it's futsal and kids love it.

Comment

Futsal is great. But my kid did the ID camp last year and it was a scam. I knew we had trouble when one kid, who absolutely refused to pass the ball to anyone and got lucky by scoring a goal off a ricochet, was high fived by the coach when he came off the court. At the end, the players named to the regional team all played for teams that were coached by the people running the tryouts. What a joke.

This year, I'll save my money.

Comment

Futsal is great. But my kid did the ID camp last year and it was a scam. I knew we had trouble when one kid, who absolutely refused to pass the ball to anyone and got lucky by scoring a goal off a ricochet, was high fived by the coach when he came off the court. At the end, the players named to the regional team all played for teams that were coached by the people running the tryouts. What a joke.

This year, I'll save my money.
                          Yes, I saw that as well. My kid was wide open on the far post multiple times while one kid took on 2 players and then lost the ball, repeatedly. And that kid was selected for the national camp.

Not a complete joke because several of the kids that were selected are truly great players. But frustrating that kids that didn't pass (and lost the ball) were selected.

Comment

Yes, I saw that as well. My kid was wide open on the far post multiple times while one kid took on 2 players and then lost the ball, repeatedly. And that kid was selected for the national camp.

Not a complete joke because several of the kids that were selected are truly great players. But frustrating that kids that didn't pass (and lost the ball) were selected.
                            Yeah, that's nearly as frustrating as selecting those kids who can't beat a single defender but pass the ball constantly . . . either to the opposition or poorly weighted / directed passes to their teammates. But hey they're passing all the time, so they must be great players.

Comment

Yeah, that's nearly as frustrating as selecting those kids who can't beat a single defender but pass the ball constantly . . . either to the opposition or poorly weighted / directed passes to their teammates. But hey they're passing all the time, so they must be great players.
                              LOL because we don't produce nearly enough players who are terrible on the ball and pass the ball in a panic the second they're under pressure. We need more of these selfless studs (or is that duds?).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X