Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Despite the loss to WS, Chicopee earned the respect they got with the #2 seed.
    Chicopee deserves congratulations for making the final. The strategy of taking your best attacking players and and playing them in the back worked out nicely for them. It was great to see two different teams in the finals. Had Chicopee played in the Coombs division they would have finished in fifth place. They were rewarded by the committee for playing an extremely soft schedule. Here's hoping that next fall they will load up the non league schedule with the Coombs teams.

Comment

WH over WS. 4-0
      Heard similiar predictions on the boys side last year when NOBODY gave West Side a chance.

I predict allot of crickets on this board when WMass rules the state again.

Comment

Heard similiar predictions on the boys side last year when NOBODY gave West Side a chance.

I predict allot of crickets on this board when WMass rules the state again.
        Seriously, when has WMass ever ruled the state? I can't see what they did prior to 2010, but they certainly haven't won the title in 5 years.

Comment

State titles are hard to come by, and domination is a very strong word. There has been an impressive # of teams from WM who advance(d) to the state finals. Considering we have no D2, WM holds its own.

So far this year, D1 boys Amherst, girls West Side. D3 boys Belchertown.

D4 Monson boys and girls play tonight. Good luck Monson.

Comment

Monson girls win 2-1 in OT
            Monson boys lose in PKs.

So, out of 6 possible slots for WM teams in state finals, (remember, no D2) there are 4 WM teams still alive. I'd say WM has left its mark already. Win or lose in the finals, getting there is an excellent accomplishment.

Good luck western mass!!

Comment

Monson girls win 2-1 in OT
              Monson boys lose in PKs.

So, out of 6 possible slots for WM teams in state finals, (remember, no D2) there are 4 WM teams still alive. I'd say WM has left its mark already. Win or lose in the finals, getting there is an excellent accomplishment.

Good luck western mass!!
              So, that's a fair statement. I just took issue with someone saying that Western mass would again rule the state. Of course there are some very good team and Western mass. I think it's difficult for any area to say that they ruled the state and honestly, it can change from year-to-year. Look at Newton North. They won the state championship last year and didn't even make it into the playoffs this year. With that said, I will stick with my prediction that WH wins 4-0.

Comment

Minnechaug won State Title in 2008

Seriously, when has WMass ever ruled the state? I can't see what they did prior to 2010, but they certainly haven't won the title in 5 years.
                Minnechaug Regional won the Division 1 state title in 2008

Comment

West Side wins 1-0

Comment

Hasn't Ludlow won 17 state titles, between the boys and girls?

Comment

West Side wins 1-0
                      West side girls played a good game. Good speed and technical skills. Their fans however were constantly whining about the officiating. There were a couple questionable calls both ways, not the plethora the fans seemed to think there were.

Fans sometimes really detract from the game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X