Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stats do not lie but a better question is how many has Mass produced in total? We are what we are here. Crap winters affect our success. I think the annualized amounts have been flat and will continue to be so.
    So... can we agree that ECNL has nothing to do with it?

Comment

Absolutely not if you believe in playing the odds.

Comment

...odds of going to a big time program are greatly enhanced by playing in the ECNL
        I think you need to re-read the thread and grab a dictionary to work through the idea that "greatly enhanced" is attributable to ECNL.

You're confusing correlation with causation. These players were going "big time" before and without ECNL. The numbers don't reflect anything of significance in terms of change or cause. If anything, as earlier posts indicate, ECNL might serve to draw more talent to these clubs on their lower teams, broadening the case of talent, overall commitments, etc., but the top end hasn't been impacted in a significant way.

Comment

Forgot to take your meds again Perspective? If not, you need to up the dosage to contain your anger and obsession.
          Sorry buddy, I was on an airplane and just got out of baggage claim a few minutes ago. You'll see that I just posted on the other thread. Unfortunately there was no wifi on the plane.

Comment

Incidental.

Comment

I think you need to re-read the thread and grab a dictionary to work through the idea that "greatly enhanced" is attributable to ECNL.

You're confusing correlation with causation. These players were going "big time" before and without ECNL. The numbers don't reflect anything of significance in terms of change or cause. If anything, as earlier posts indicate, ECNL might serve to draw more talent to these clubs on their lower teams, broadening the case of talent, overall commitments, etc., but the top end hasn't been impacted in a significant way.
              No. Of course players were going "big time" before the ECNL. There was a "big time" and the league didn't exist. However, there are substantial and verifiable trends now emerging. It's very clear and really has been beaten to death for the past year on this site.

Comment

The best two players in the world (Ronaldo and Messi) are not playing in the best league in the world (EPL) right now. Does this make them less of players than those that are in EPL?

Comment

Sorry buddy, I was on an airplane and just got out of baggage claim a few minutes ago. You'll see that I just posted on the other thread. Unfortunately there was no wifi on the plane.
                  Lol! This time he just got off an airplane instead of just getting off the treadmill. Way to mix it up Perspective!

Comment

This is P. One poster, perhaps BTDT, had it right. Good clubs are good clubs. Stars were a good club long before ECNL. It's not about a league. That is all smokescreen trash. That said, there's a reason Stars were viewed as the leading ECNL candidate in New England. At this point NEFC should be included. I have zero knowledge of the politics involved, but just as someone noted that BTDT likely would have chosen an ECNL club if not for bad blood, bad blood can cut both ways. It's irrelevant in his kid's case as also noted. She no doubt is one of the superior talents where it didn't matter, which is also why the focus on the great NEFC recruitment program machine is ludicrous, at least in cases like hers and with a parent who lives and breathes this stuff 24/7.

Btw, BTDT, I can't speak for the other poster, but the reference to 'outlier' with your kid seemed like a clear-cut compliment.

Comment

Lol! This time he just got off an airplane instead of just getting off the treadmill. Way to mix it up Perspective!
                      I know it's hard for some of you to believe who lie constantly but some of us try to tell truth. That's why some of you are so invested in arguing that all of the site is fiction, as you are then exonerated. Of course at also means there is no reason to take anything you say seriously since you're arguing that everything is fiction.

At any rate, I'm having trouble typing effectively on an IPad while my wife drives. Would you like the serial number of the rental car?

Comment

P here again, and I hope one of last posts for next day or two.

For any of you out there with real knowledge, affiliated with Stars, ECNL, or otherwise knowledgeable, why exactly has NEFC not been admitted to ECNL?

When a club applies and is not invited, is there some reply/explanation given in writing? And if NEFC has received explanations, what are they?

I've said this many times before but it seems clear that NEFC should be admitted.

Comment

How the hell would we know. Ask NEFC.

Comment

"Would you like the serial number of the rental car?"

Yes, please!! It's time to bring you blinking and squirming into the sunlight.

Comment

BTDT is a hypocrite. Do as I say, not as I do.

He states that no one really needs to travel extensively for youth soccer. But he and his kid travel all over the place. But that is OK because they are special.
                              Think you just want to trash the guy. If you have followed what he has written, his daughter really hasn't travelled all that extensively. I think he passed on Disney last year and has turned down offers for her to guest at the ECNL championships the last 2 years.

He is against "commitments". But it is ok to talk about where your kid is going in the Boston Globe. That is different.
                              You need to reread the article. It was written a couple of years ago and only talks about where she dreams of going.

You don't need to spend a fortune on education. His kid goes to High School with a higher price tag than UMASS. And on and on and on....
                              You honestly think he is paying for it? My bet is it's an example of him parlaying an athletic talent into a tremendous education.

Comment

ECNL, despite being the top league for females in the country, is oh so lacking in many, many areas:

1. TOO MANY GAMES in a short period of time. Look at some of the Northeast U14 schedules! 9 games in 23 days!! Are you kidding me! What a joke.

2. League doesn't demand standards like Boy's Academy does:
                                a. Teams can play any style they like (bah-booomm)
                                b. Teams are allowed to only train twice per week

3. Teams operate independently from the other teams in their club. You may see 18 players at Club X's U16 game, yet Club X's U17 team only fields 13 players. Another joke.

4. Yes, the best players are in ECNL and are playing against one another regularly (too regularly as noted above), but they aren't getting better at an acceptable rate.

5. Good. Ol. Boy's. Club!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X