Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My boy is 13 he is from Canada, there are so many training opportunities as example by former European players that live in cities like Vancouver and toronto. The coach giving the training sessions was connected to the club. I love Americans you are all so competitive all trying to out do each other at the parent level. All about the money 24-7, and you all fail to live life. I am very familiar with the USA soccer scene there are incredible opportunities everywhere. Of course Arizona is pulling in good players parents believe they will buy there way in for there kid, I get it you want to give your kid a chance to be seen. I personally don’t buy into it, the cost in Spain is free if you are selected. The cost of living there is 40 percent less to live that’s than the USA. Plus post secondary education is free as is health care. If you have access to an EU passport I would go that route. Do you have European ancestry?

I suggest you this because I can see you are passionate about helping your boy. Get your boy to Europe in the summer and spring break train with European club big or small and see what’s going on. It can’t be that difficult your pay to play coaches must have a connection at some level, that’s why your paying them right? In Canada this is how it is, since 8 my boy has trained with QPR, ac Milan, recently crystal palace and Barca. We didn’t pay anybody infacr the teams provided an apartment we could stay in.

You need help from those coaches you pay or director of the club somebody must be willing to help. I would do it for you but iam just a father enjoying things and supporting. I guess my point is don’t be another American getting ripped off by the system.
    You are on a Florida soccer website living in Canada?

Comment

You are on a Florida soccer website living in Canada?
      TS brings out lots of fiction writers. But the point that the best training often is rarely found here is spot on. Most families cannot go to Europe nor should they. 99.99999% of players aren't good enough to make that expenditure worthwhile. They're not going pro, they're not NT material. Best case scenario is they might turn into a solid D1 player and have a decent college career. If you're kid really is that good, you know it and training opportunities are presented to you, not the other way around.

Comment

What year is he.? They have tryouts this weekend?
        I went with my son to Arizona this weekend. Seemed like there was 4-5 other Florida kids also trying out. Next tryout is in June for da kids and heard another 4-5 Florida da kids signed up.

Comment

My boy is 13 he is from Canada, there are so many training opportunities as example by former European players that live in cities like Vancouver and toronto. The coach giving the training sessions was connected to the club. I love Americans you are all so competitive all trying to out do each other at the parent level. All about the money 24-7, and you all fail to live life. I am very familiar with the USA soccer scene there are incredible opportunities everywhere. Of course Arizona is pulling in good players parents believe they will buy there way in for there kid, I get it you want to give your kid a chance to be seen. I personally don’t buy into it, the cost in Spain is free if you are selected. The cost of living there is 40 percent less to live that’s than the USA. Plus post secondary education is free as is health care. If you have access to an EU passport I would go that route. Do you have European ancestry?

I suggest you this because I can see you are passionate about helping your boy. Get your boy to Europe in the summer and spring break train with European club big or small and see what’s going on. It can’t be that difficult your pay to play coaches must have a connection at some level, that’s why your paying them right? In Canada this is how it is, since 8 my boy has trained with QPR, ac Milan, recently crystal palace and Barca. We didn’t pay anybody infacr the teams provided an apartment we could stay in.

You need help from those coaches you pay or director of the club somebody must be willing to help. I would do it for you but iam just a father enjoying things and supporting. I guess my point is don’t be another American getting ripped off by the system.
          Tried out several weeks ago and accepted today. First class program in Arizona for anyone considering trying out. Few more tryouts left including one for DA players in June after season.

Comment

Tried out several weeks ago and accepted today. First class program in Arizona for anyone considering trying out. Few more tryouts left including one for DA players in June after season.

Congratulations! Did you guys made Academy?
            Do you have to pay full tuition..?

Comment

Congratulations! Did you guys made Academy?
              Do you have to pay full tuition..?
              Academy and paying less than 1/3.

Comment

Academy and paying less than 1/3.
                I’m so jealous..!! my 04 son from Florida is accepted too, but nervous about the financials, really want him to go, but we are tight, but we could pay up to 30% if tuition...
                What year is your son?

Comment

I’m so jealous..!! my 04 son from Florida is accepted too, but nervous about the financials, really want him to go, but we are tight, but we could pay up to 30% if tuition...
                  What year is your son?
                  01, playing on the 00/01 U18. They expect that team to be extremely good. 04 would be U15 correct?

Comment

01, playing on the 00/01 U18. They expect that team to be extremely good. 04 would be U15 correct?
                    Yes, for next season, does anybody know how is that team coming along? (The incoming U15s not this season’s)

Comment

Yes, for next season, does anybody know how is that team coming along? (The incoming U15s not this season’s)
                      Did hear the u15s had the most kids trying out so team should be very competitive

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                        My son has a buddy who is a 99 who played in Clearwater for the flames and is out there. He was very good but I heard playing time is very competitive and not easy to get always. Guess way it should be.
                        This kid played CM Countryside last year he was moved to RB at Barca - my son says he had to compete against 2 other players one on U20USMNT team for minutes at that position. So be warned it is a dog fight there, they are 2 and 3 deep at each position, each team has MNT players, and they will pull players up from pre-academy to pressure starters even, as you said that is how it should be. Here is the roster at U19: http://grsa.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams...p?team=3951740

On another thread about Casa Grande
                        We have a tryout next week. Still recommend Arizona?

Comment

If your income is 6 figures

Comment

What year is your son?
                            Son went to tryout last weekend. It was a full tryout. Only a few were offered da spot with more offered a pre academy spot and many nothing. Evidently the 01 team is hardest to make this year. The facilities were great and would recommend to anyone. We will decide soon.

Comment

DC United had a residency program a couple years ago - dorms on a private school campus, bus to DA training each day. Dont know if it is still operating. My kid tried out for it 3 years ago prior to its inauguration season, and made the residency academy but not the DA team some local B team so we said no thanks.
                              DC United is mostly pay to play

Comment

If your income is 6 figures
                                With at least a 2 as the first number on the left

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X