Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are talking about the Timbers playing the top u13 and u14 DA in the Washington league so more travel!
    The entire point of that team is to assemble the very best locally and compete against teams with similar populations to pull from. It's silly to assume they wouldn't travel. If you don't want to travel, then don't join the team.

Comment

The entire point of that team is to assemble the very best locally and compete against teams with similar populations to pull from. It's silly to assume they wouldn't travel. If you don't want to travel, then don't join the team.
      While it's lovely the Timbers are weeding out kids at u13 and creating a pure travel team, I thought the whole point of "DA" was traveling less? More practice, less games, less travel? What will these other 6 local "DA" teams look like with the top 20 out of the picture? It's starting to look silly that they have so many DA "B" teams? Why not have the one top team for the best kids and then three for the rest? After they lose the top twenty that leaves 120 spots on the remaining six teams. Bye bye OYSA for the 04 age group.

Comment

While it's lovely the Timbers are weeding out kids at u13 and creating a pure travel team, I thought the whole point of "DA" was traveling less? More practice, less games, less travel? What will these other 6 local "DA" teams look like with the top 20 out of the picture? It's starting to look silly that they have so many DA "B" teams? Why not have the one top team for the best kids and then three for the rest? After they lose the top twenty that leaves 120 spots on the remaining six teams. Bye bye OYSA for the 04 age group.
        You seem to be more interested in having your son's team wins matter because it's against competition you can brag about than you are about having the boys participate in a really well thought out program focused on development over wins. Why are you so against the program? Why don't you enlighten us on your ideas for our son's development...

Comment

We are talking about the Timbers playing the top u13 and u14 DA in the Washington league so more travel!
          Is this rumor? How do the other DA clubs feel
          about this?

Comment

DA kids weren't suppose to pay for RTC but they did. It's suppose to be a free program.

Next up is ODP.

DA players aren't suppose to do ODP. I don't know how many do but it's wrong.

ODP is dying and has become training for second tiered players

Comment

You seem to be more interested in having your son's team wins matter because it's against competition you can brag about than you are about having the boys participate in a really well thought out program focused on development over wins. Why are you so against the program? Why don't you enlighten us on your ideas for our son's development...
              Stupid comment. What's more stupid is player selection at this age rather than player identification.

Comment

Stupid comment. What's more stupid is player selection at this age rather than player identification.
                Except that u13 is probably a year or two late for kids to start training in a professional environment. They can always identify kids as they go, but the kids with the most potential need top training.

Comment

Except that u13 is probably a year or two late for kids to start training in a professional environment. They can always identify kids as they go, but the kids with the most potential need top training.
                  A big reason why they expanded DA down to U12, and made the net much wider. I'm very critical of DA but that is one move that was very much needed.

Comment

A big reason why they expanded DA down to U12, and made the net much wider. I'm very critical of DA but that is one move that was very much needed.
                    Are they really casting a wider net or are they simply taking the same early bloomers and giving them more/better training earlier?

Comment

Are they really casting a wider net or are they simply taking the same early bloomers and giving them more/better training earlier?
                      Taking same early bloomers.

Comment

Taking same early bloomers.
                        That is an uniformed answer. Have you seen the current U14/U13 DA team. They have several kids that are tiny. Technical but tiny. They pick kids they think have potential.

Comment

That is an uniformed answer. Have you seen the current U14/U13 DA team. They have several kids that are tiny. Technical but tiny. They pick kids they think have potential.
                          I have seen four. One of them had players that were large and not technical at all and frankly zero potential. I don't think that kid played in too many games though. A few had smaller technical players. Many of the top "technical" players didn't play DA last year. They stayed on Copa or played for PCU or ADF because they didn't want to play 9v9 again.

Comment

I have seen four. One of them had players that were large and not technical at all and frankly zero potential. I don't think that kid played in too many games though. A few had smaller technical players. Many of the top "technical" players didn't play DA last year. They stayed on Copa or played for PCU or ADF because they didn't want to play 9v9 again.
                            In the grand scheme of DA your sample size is quite small. I'm not saying everyone gets it right all the time, but the intent is there. Big net = better chance of catching big fish

Comment

In the grand scheme of DA your sample size is quite small. I'm not saying everyone gets it right all the time, but the intent is there. Big net = better chance of catching big fish
                              Big Timbers net! As that's where all the good players will end up at u15! Timbers should be thanking the other DA clubs for identifying the players.

Comment

Big Timbers net! As that's where all the good players will end up at u15! Timbers should be thanking the other DA clubs for identifying the players.
                                It should all funnel down, the pool of elite should get smaller each year, especially in a state the size of Oregon (Portland)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X