Trotters Park Bid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe no clubs voted for Trotter's and the city was trying to spur a bidding war.

Comment

All of the bidders are out playing golf.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        All of the bidders are out playing golf.
        Are the bidders the owners of the for profit youth soccer clubs?

Comment

Are the bidders the owners of the for profit youth soccer clubs?
          Yep. Saw them all at Dubsdread.

Comment

Yep. Saw them all at Dubsdread.
            In the Tap Room?

Comment

The good ol' days of the Ben White Raceway and Dubsdread.

Comment

One week and it will be public.
                Drumroll......

Seriously though. Hearing that the bid has been completed and clubs already notified.

This is to avoid the post bid posturing that FCA/GPS & ACYS did last time around.

Will be very interesting to see what develops.

Comment

Biggest loser in all this would have to be ACYS. GPS has already had field setups the past 4 years. This is huge deal and can impact the retaining and recruitment of players especially at ACYS.

Comment

Biggest loser in all this would have to be ACYS. GPS has already had field setups the past 4 years. This is huge deal and can impact the retaining and recruitment of players especially at ACYS.
                    If ACYS moves, it might impact a couple of the less competitive teams but I doubt the kids on the top teams will make a move. Training and development is very good. Fields won’t make a difference. We are headed there for the 2018/19 season. Any word on when they are having tryouts?

Comment

If ACYS moves, it might impact a couple of the less competitive teams but I doubt the kids on the top teams will make a move. Training and development is very good. Fields won’t make a difference. We are headed there for the 2018/19 season. Any word on when they are having tryouts?
                      Trotter’s is a multi use facility with baseball and football and ACYS has other sports and more money. Unless can bid on only the soccer fields or if get the bid and they can rent out the other areas, FCA/GPS/Maitland and Rush might not want to bid big for the park. Will see soon.

Comment

Trotter’s is a multi use facility with baseball and football and ACYS has other sports and more money. Unless can bid on only the soccer fields or if get the bid and they can rent out the other areas, FCA/GPS/Maitland and Rush might not want to bid big for the park. Will see soon.
                        My kid plays at GPS and has for a number of years and I think it’s personal for some of the guys in the organization. They looked like idiots last time around with all their promises and posturing. My kid likes his team so we are staying with GPS however I think they are planning to bid a ridiculous amount just as payback. Not sure how they pay for it unless someone is writing them a big fat check. I don’t think it will matter in the end. If you like where you are at you will stay regardless.

Comment

Oh the drama. (Yawn).

Comment

My kid plays at GPS and has for a number of years and I think it’s personal for some of the guys in the organization. They looked like idiots last time around with all their promises and posturing. My kid likes his team so we are staying with GPS however I think they are planning to bid a ridiculous amount just as payback. Not sure how they pay for it unless someone is writing them a big fat check. I don’t think it will matter in the end. If you like where you are at you will stay regardless.
                            So they actually place their bids on March 28th at 2 p.m. like betting on a horse?

Comment

I hope GPS are not counting on a huge influx of players to pay for the park if they win the bid cause I have spoken to a number of kids and parents mostly on the girls side at OC who are unhappy and nobody plans to make that move Trotters or no Trotters.

Comment

What development? Top ACYS teams playing in easy NPL league is not developing and State Cup is a shell of itself. Why not tryout at a few clubs and see what is out there, DA and ECNL offer much more especially competition.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X