Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Again with the FSA bashing.... I am an FSA parent but not going to get caught up in your nonsense so I'll just give you some facts and you can do what you want with them....

You seem to be really caught up on teams practicing for 1 hr a week indoor twice a week. What are the other programs are offering indoor for 2hrs a week? As for hs coaches comment who exactly are you bashing here? I've seen the HS/Dad comment before so you must be the same poster. Who exactly do you have a beef with? Yes some FSA coaches coach HS. Does that mean they are all bad coaches?

And camp fees? what are you talking about? There are no camp fees but please feel free to explain that one to me so I can figure that one out. Maybe I missed something. $3,000 is incorrect by about $1,000 but hey you were in the ballpark.

Let's try to keep it civil if possible.
    A little thin-skinned aren't we FSA? With all the other garbage being posted about other clubs, truthful posts about your HS coaches is hardly bashing. A HS coach is not necessarily a bad coach, they just tend not to have the credentials that coaches for the other top tier clubs have.

Also, FSA fees are posted as $2,300 which includes 2 outdoor tournaments. Most of the teams play more tournaments so the extra expense is collected on top of the $2,300. At FSA, you are paying top dollar for a very nice facility even if the coaching is a bit more pedestrian.

You asked what other programs train indoors at least 2 hrs per week? Off the top of my head in central CT: Oakwood, CFC, S+, Sportsworld, but I'm reasonalby certain there are more.

Comment

A little thin-skinned aren't we FSA? With all the other garbage being posted about other clubs, truthful posts about your HS coaches is hardly bashing. A HS coach is not necessarily a bad coach, they just tend not to have the credentials that coaches for the other top tier clubs have.

Also, FSA fees are posted as $2,300 which includes 2 outdoor tournaments. Most of the teams play more tournaments so the extra expense is collected on top of the $2,300. At FSA, you are paying top dollar for a very nice facility even if the coaching is a bit more pedestrian.

You asked what other programs train indoors at least 2 hrs per week? Off the top of my head in central CT: Oakwood, CFC, S+, Sportsworld, but I'm reasonalby certain there are more.
      You still haven't answered my question about HS coaches. who do you have an issue with?Not every club is strong across the board. I'll give you that. But you can't paint with a broad brush. How is it thin skinned? I'm just asking questions here. I'd rather have a HS coach who knows what he is doing vs a College coach who can't coach their way out of a port a john.

As for the fees, they are no different than what other clubs are charging so what's the beef. It's not like they are charging 2300 and other clubs are half that. Since you brought up S+ do you know what they offer for the same price? 2 hrs of field time a week is pretty fair isn't it? Is Oakwood offering 4 or 5?

Comment

S+ is on it's last leg

S+ is in financial trouble. Unless a private donor can help them, they will not survive. Their financial troubles started 5 years ago when they were partnered with FSA. They were eventually kicked out of FSA because they didn't pay their tab. Rumors are floating that their bill was over $100,000.

Things became worse when TD stepped out of the game about 3 years ago and AD took over as CEO. Their current trail of debt includes the towns of Vernon, Willington, Farmington and Bristol as well as indoor complexes in Tolland and Middletown. This does not include payroll owed to about a dozen coaches totalling more than $50,000.

Additional rumors are floating that they did not get enough players to field a U17 and U18 ECNL team. In addition, their ECNL coaches are not qualified according to ECNL standards. They also violate a whole bunch of ECNL rules regarding licensed coaches and training facilities.

They have very few coaches left in the organization and the ones that stayed are foreigners who are tied to the organization through their work visas.

Their ECNL teams were the worst in the league; they lost 70% of their games. It's only a matter of time before they lose their ECNL membership to more qualified clubs such as OW or FSA.

Comment

S+ is in financial trouble. Unless a private donor can help them, they will not survive. Their financial troubles started 5 years ago when they were partnered with FSA. They were eventually kicked out of FSA because they didn't pay their tab. Rumors are floating that their bill was over $100,000.

Things became worse when TD stepped out of the game about 3 years ago and AD took over as CEO. Their current trail of debt includes the towns of Vernon, Willington, Farmington and Bristol as well as indoor complexes in Tolland and Middletown. This does not include payroll owed to about a dozen coaches totalling more than $50,000.

Additional rumors are floating that they did not get enough players to field a U17 and U18 ECNL team. In addition, their ECNL coaches are not qualified according to ECNL standards. They also violate a whole bunch of ECNL rules regarding licensed coaches and training facilities.

They have very few coaches left in the organization and the ones that stayed are foreigners who are tied to the organization through their work visas.

Their ECNL teams were the worst in the league; they lost 70% of their games. It's only a matter of time before they lose their ECNL membership to more qualified clubs such as OW or FSA.
          Since you present this as fact then it would be good to say who you are. Context is everything. Ex coach? Another club? Parent who "heard it through the grapevine"?Allegations like this are serious. Please state who you are.

Comment

looks like they have added (2) new college coaches, one on the boys side, one on the girls side. Does that make you happier?

Comment

looks like they have added (2) new college coaches, one on the boys side, one on the girls side. Does that make you happier?
              Actually, one is an ex-college coach who was recently dismissed for misconduct.

Comment

I believe he was on a year to year contract and the school exercised their right not to bring him back. What I don't understand is all the bashing going on. If you don't like a clubs coaches then play some where else. I guess by this assumption of a college coach is the only way than CFC Azul U15s should be the best team at that age next year. I am not bashing CFC or ED, but it takes a lot of things to go right to have a really successful season. What is the next issue D1 coaches compared to D3? Find a club that develops your child and enjoy the time. It goes by to fast. Every club has their pros and cons, but at the end of th day it is what's best for you kid.

Comment

I believe he was on a year to year contract and the school exercised their right not to bring him back. What I don't understand is all the bashing going on. If you don't like a clubs coaches then play some where else. I guess by this assumption of a college coach is the only way than CFC Azul U15s should be the best team at that age next year. I am not bashing CFC or ED, but it takes a lot of things to go right to have a really successful season. What is the next issue D1 coaches compared to D3? Find a club that develops your child and enjoy the time. It goes by to fast. Every club has their pros and cons, but at the end of th day it is what's best for you kid.
                  And just how is it "bashing" to point out that FSA employs HS coaches? Is it not true? Every club has pros and cons. FSA has a great facility and ordinary coaches. People can decide if that is a combination that develops their child best or they can consider other clubs if coaching is more important to them.

Comment

fsa bashing

Again with the FSA bashing.... I am an FSA parent but not going to get caught up in your nonsense so I'll just give you some facts and you can do what you want with them....

You seem to be really caught up on teams practicing for 1 hr a week indoor twice a week. What are the other programs are offering indoor for 2hrs a week? We are just talking about indoor here but you keep bringing it up. Outdoor practices are standard 1.5 hrs. As for indoor, I always see older teams doing running before or after practice so older teams often do 3hrs a week but I'm sure you are just going off what it says on the website right?

As for your national team comment, not too many CT kids on boys and girls side in the National teams in the last 10 years. TT from SCP may be the only kid from CT right now currently.

As for hs coaches comment who exactly are you bashing here? I've seen the HS/Dad comment before so you must be the same poster. Who exactly do you have a beef with? Yes some FSA coaches coach HS. Does that mean they are all bad coaches?

And camp fees? what are you talking about? There are no camp fees but please feel free to explain that one to me so I can figure that one out. Maybe I missed something. $3,000 is incorrect by about $1,000 but hey you were in the ballpark.

Let's try to keep it civil if possible.
                    Re Read my post....I questioned the OPs stmt that people come from far to play for FSA, making it seem like they offer something special. What I said was no, they don't draw many kids from outside say a 30 mile radius (you are free to prove me wrong). Their coaching, program cost and what you get for it (training hours, leagues, tournaments), are no different than a whole host of clubs. So they are not a destination club, just another average CT "premier" club that is tied to a nice facility(I will give them that).

That was the point, you missed it and you confuse anything not glowingly written by an FSA parent about the program as bashing.

Comment

If you post information about FSA that is not glowing, you are by definition a "hater".

Comment

That may have been true a couple of years ago but, considering the aggressive acquisitions that CFC has been able to pull off, as well as the trend toward regional consolidation, it doesn't seem like such a stretch today.

This sounds like a potential game-changer in CT. It would also give CFC an opportunity to resume taking down State Cup titles by the cart load and be much more competitive at the regional level. Not to mention enhancing the roster of kids CFC sends off to play soccer in college.

This is a great idea - thanks for raising the idea, OP.
                        CFC does a great job and cover a lot of physical area but do they really have the 90% of the talent people think they do. Around any major city there are affluent areas that are pretty densely populated. Families have the highest rate of money spent on their kids at the earliest ages. The best training, private coaches and places to train are in demand. Just like Mass the concentration of good clubs are right outside of Boston the top 2 of 3 clubs on both the boys and girls side arguably are outside of Hartford. (the example isn't perfect because CT is small and near other cities like NH and the NY border).

If the soccer business was the game Risk, CFC is spreading out pieces all around the outside borders and pushing in while the other two are building up and expanding outward from the middle. When FSA and OW put in the central CT turf fields it expanded their reach of talent from the center. FSA even more with more fields and all those Farmington valley kids.

Leave current opinions about coaches and tactics out of it and looking at from geography and the long term future seems there are at least 3 substantial clubs dividing up majority of real CT talent. Both the central clubs mentioned have only recently ramped up on the girls side.

Some questions before talk of a CT super team. What percentage of actual soccer talent does FSA have for example? Before united at u15, what are the top 3 girls clubs? Can the top 4 players ever be on the same team?

Choices and competition is good and more clubs raise the bar for our individual kids. But if you split up talent and not square miles would it be in thirds? Or at the least, how about 50 25 25?

Comment

looking at from geography and the long term future seems there are at least 3 substantial clubs dividing up majority of real CT talent.
                          If you extrapolate from current trends to the inevitable hegemony of the 3 clubs, you are almost certain to be wrong. Things change pretty quickly. Remember when Blackberry was taking over the world? Markets change, companies stumble, new competitors come into the market, and old competitors become revitalized. A better prediction is that 5 years from now, at least one of these clubs will no longer exist.

Comment

S+ ecnl u13

That was a good, albeit somewhat slanted, summary of events at the new CFC Alliance outfit. In this forum that's all you can ask for.

If S+ was promising ECNL status, these U12 Stars kids would only be ONE year away. Unless S+ fails to send a U13 representative again in 2013-14 as they are reported to be doing in 2012-13. I wonder if the S+ U12 non-Stars team knows that they've been muscled out in the bid to keep Stars in the fold...

OP seems anxious to see which teams prevail against each other this year in CJSA U12. Anything that gives CJSA league a little spice is welcome. Maybe they will battle for supremacy in the new CJSA Supereliteplatinumchampion Premier Division. I heard those games will be on PPV...
                            I heard that S+ U13 ECNL spot was given to CFC because SoccerPlus was unable to enter a competitive team. Not sure if that's true. Does anybody know?

Comment

U13 ecnl

I heard that S+ U13 ECNL spot was given to CFC because SoccerPlus was unable to enter a competitive team. Not sure if that's true. Does anybody know?
                              ECNL clubs are not required to field a U13 team for the 2012/13 year. Also, any player can play for a U13 ECNL team, she doesn't have to be from the club.

Given those rules, I doubt CFC was "given" anything from S+

Comment

S+ has a U13 team, but it wasn't "competitive" in CJSA. And it stands to reason that S+ new management will do everything it can to hold on to their ECNL status at every age group. I would bet that giving the extra ECNL status to CFC is just a rumor.

Becasue ECNL is really ECNL Jr (they don't post records, no playoffs, etc) at the U13 level, perhaps entering a team is optional for member clubs?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X