Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abby Wambach engaged to Christian blogger

"Wedding bells are in the near future for Abby Wambach and Christian mom blogger Glennon Doyle Melton.

Melton, 40, was first to share news that the couple got engaged on Facebook with a black and white photo of herself holding hands with the United States soccer player, both donning large rings.

'Abby and I decided to hold hands forever,' she captioned the image on Saturday. 'First, fiercely, and forever.'

Wambach, 36, posted the same photo for her 490,000 Instagram followers on Sunday.

“Happy,” the athlete wrote, adding the hashtag #iseethemoonnow.

The Christian author announced she had found love with Wambach just three months after she announced her divorce from husband Craig Melton, and two months after Wambach announced that she and her wife of three years, Sarah Huffman, would be divorcing following an April DUI arrest that forced the soccer star to confront her struggles with substance abuse.

Read the rest of the story at:

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2017...nce-engagement

Such amazing role models for our daughters

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You must be a Neanderthal if you don't think that gender preference is a huge issue in women's sports. Not a bad issue mind you, just something that all female athletes have to decide how they feel about and want to react to. The sooner you prepare your daughter for the situation, the better she will be able to maturely respond. My daughter's college team had roughly half the players on the roster that identified as lesbian and it definitely was an element of team chemistry so you are not going to escape it that's for sure.

Comment

Why is this news?

Comment

You must be a Neanderthal if you don't think that gender preference is a huge issue in women's sports. Not a bad issue mind you, just something that all female athletes have to decide how they feel about and want to react to. The sooner you prepare your daughter for the situation, the better she will be able to maturely respond. My daughter's college team had roughly half the players on the roster that identified as lesbian and it definitely was an element of team chemistry so you are not going to escape it that's for sure.
          I took the negative comment to refer to AW's substance abuse, although I feel that their decision to get engaged just 2-3 months after announcing their respective divorces does not fall under role model behavior. Their sexuality has nothing to do with my negative view of this situation.

Comment

I took the negative comment to refer to AW's substance abuse, although I feel that their decision to get engaged just 2-3 months after announcing their respective divorces does not fall under role model behavior. Their sexuality has nothing to do with my negative view of this situation.
            It was role models as in plural or both of partners. One of which didn't have a DUI

Comment

Athletes are athletes, they are not role models.

Comment

You appear to be the one who is quick to judge. I didn't read any mention of gay. My Judgement is reserved for their behavior. As a parent, I hope my D avoids bulimia, DUIs, alcoholism, loveless marriages and rebound engagements to another's spouse.

Comment

Melton (Abby's 'wife') has long been an outspoken advocate for same-sex marriage.

“Figuring out my stance on homosexuality felt like a life and death decision,” she wrote in a 2013 post on her blog Momastery. “I know my Jesus, I love Him, and I think if he needed me to believe that homosexuality was a sin, He would have mentioned it.”
                  Abby's wife (and anyone who truly wants to know Christ) should take the time to actually read Christ's story in the New Testament. It is the word of God. And it explicitly mentions homosexual behavior as sinful. God loves all. including homosexuals. We are all sinners. But God DOES NOT WANT US TO put our word (as Abby's 'Christian wife' is doing) before his. If you do you are living outside of God's presence. And if that is your choice, God certainly allows it. But you will also spend the time after physical death outside of God's presence. Jesus uses the words 'weeping and gnashing of teeth' to describe those living for eternity outside of God's presence. Those seem like powerful words to me. It's at least word studying for your sake and the sake of any loved one's. Eternity is a long time.

From the New Testament (the story of Jesus Christ):
                  Romans 1:26-28

“God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity.

“And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God handed them over to their undiscerning mind to do what is improper.”

Comment

I give it 3 years.

Comment

I give it 3 years.
                      Poor Abby.... deteriorating real fast. Living hard can do that to you. She really looks bad. No way that sham marriage lasts 3 years. How many people you know that got engaged after 2 months? From the outside looking in, if you put her in a line up and asked who is a meth head, I would have chosen her

Comment

Melton (Abby's 'wife') has long been an outspoken advocate for same-sex marriage.

“Figuring out my stance on homosexuality felt like a life and death decision,” she wrote in a 2013 post on her blog Momastery. “I know my Jesus, I love Him, and I think if he needed me to believe that homosexuality was a sin, He would have mentioned it.”
                        Abby's wife (and anyone who truly wants to know Christ) should take the time to actually read Christ's story in the New Testament. It is the word of God. And it explicitly mentions homosexual behavior as sinful. God loves all. including homosexuals. We are all sinners. But God DOES NOT WANT US TO put our word (as Abby's 'Christian wife' is doing) before his. If you do you are living outside of God's presence. And if that is your choice, God certainly allows it. But you will also spend the time after physical death outside of God's presence. Jesus uses the words 'weeping and gnashing of teeth' to describe those living for eternity outside of God's presence. Those seem like powerful words to me. It's at least word studying for your sake and the sake of any loved one's. Eternity is a long time.

From the New Testament (the story of Jesus Christ):
                        Romans 1:26-28

“God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity.

“And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God handed them over to their undiscerning mind to do what is improper.”
                        Is this for real? My gosh our country is in trouble.

Like in other threads in the past, the comments in this one shows just how misogynistic and homophobic we still are. Wambach played at a high level and longer than maybe any female soccer player in history. Probably second to Serena as greatest female athlete in the last decade.

You know someone is misogynistic and homophobic when they front with how they aren't and then proceed to tear the person apart, like this time with absolutely absurd scripture. Frightening stuff....and truly sinful.

-- Perspective

Comment

Like in other threads in the past, the comments in this one shows just how misogynistic and homophobic we still are. Wambach played at a high level and longer than maybe any female soccer player in history. Probably second to Serena as greatest female athlete in the last decade.

You know someone is misogynistic and homophobic when they front with how they aren't and then proceed to tear the person apart, like this time with absolutely absurd scripture. Frightening stuff....and truly sinful.

-- Perspective
                          P-man! You and I finally agree. Taking a break from "Theres BTxT" looks good on you

Comment

-- Perspective
                            The height of irony:
                            Quoting scripture is now sinful.

Comment

-- Perspective
                              You forgot to mention racist. Thank God we elected Trump.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X