Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars DA/ECNL

Which is top team for them? For now their pyramid shows them equal. Is this the soccer version of having your cake and eating it too?

Qu 'ils mangent de la brioche

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Which is top team for them? For now their pyramid shows them equal. Is this the soccer version of having your cake and eating it too?
      They will tip toe on the tight rope as long as they can, and see what girls turn out for each team. They will know fairly quickly which team fields the stronger talent, and possibly lean that way for the future. However, my guess is if they were forced to choose now, they would drop DA and stick with ECNL, so that FCB is not left holding the only MA ECNL option.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        They will tip toe on the tight rope as long as they can, and see what girls turn out for each team. They will know fairly quickly which team fields the stronger talent, and possibly lean that way for the future. However, my guess is if they were forced to choose now, they would drop DA and stick with ECNL, so that FCB is not left holding the only MA ECNL option.
        I doubt they have any loyalty to FCB. That seems like a stretch. I agree they are trying to figure out where the girls want/can play. I'm not sure why there's a separate thread for this, though. Let's include in the DA/ECNL so we can see if we can get real insight rather than start with the club bashing.

Comment

I doubt they have any loyalty to FCB. That seems like a stretch. I agree they are trying to figure out where the girls want/can play. I'm not sure why there's a separate thread for this, though. Let's include in the DA/ECNL so we can see if we can get real insight rather than start with the club bashing.
          Not club bashing. It's an honest and valid question since they are the only club with both next year. Hence the separate thread.

Comment

Not club bashing. It's an honest and valid question since they are the only club with both next year. Hence the separate thread.
            Actually there are 11 others, just not here in the mythical bastion of girls youth soccer.

Comment

Actually there are 11 others, just not here in the mythical bastion of girls youth soccer.
              Obviously the comment was referring to Mass. But your anti-Stars obsession apparently compelled you to weigh in with an irrelevant point.

Comment

Not a Stars family, but we got an email this week advertising a girls open house at my daughter's age group. They lost their teams in order, with ECNL first, then DAP, then NPL and so on. I had the thought that the email made it clear who they consider top dog.

Comment

Not a Stars family, but we got an email this week advertising a girls open house at my daughter's age group. They lost their teams in order, with ECNL first, then DAP, then NPL and so on. I had the thought that the email made it clear who they consider top dog.
                  List, not lost. Although that slip gives NEFC some hope right?

Comment

Haha, i got the same email. The graphic clearly shows DA and ECNL on the same level..

Comment

As previous posts.. Looks like they will hedge their bets between the two programs..

http://www.starsofma.org/AboutUs/Pat...tml?1487552971

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        Haha, i got the same email. The graphic clearly shows DA and ECNL on the same level..
                        I'm going to see what they are offering, and I won't be shamed into not looking at what's available. People have already called about the options.

Comment

Just wait for the GDAP higher ups to tell JD he has to pick one or the other. He will set his pants. If he gives up the DA he will probably lose his position on the national staff which will the. Lose players from Stars. If he picks DA and not ECNL he will go broke and lose his facility to bankruptcy.

Comment

Just wait for the GDAP higher ups to tell JD he has to pick one or the other. He will set his pants. If he gives up the DA he will probably lose his position on the national staff which will the. Lose players from Stars. If he picks DA and not ECNL he will go broke and lose his facility to bankruptcy.
                            Not likely. After all the guys over at GPS have made a heck of a lot of money selling a dream to the parents of low level D1 and D2 players. JD will just have to compete against them for survival.

Comment

If DA and ENCL are run by two different organizations how can one tell a team they have to give up the other? If you have one team for one and another for the other with no cross over what's the issue? If any club was excepted and there was not a clause can they make them give it up?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X