Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Aren't the league fees paid to OYSA too? That's a huge sum of money.
    League fees go to Peregrine.

Comment

That my friend, is dirty money for dirty Timbers.

Comment

Sooo... $6/player? 🙄

Comment

does your wife know you are a ****
          Polite? Appreciative? why YES!

Comment

Sooo... $6/player? 🙄
            I assume by your eye roll emoji you think it's foolish to get upset over $6/player. So consider this:

Clubs are not going to raise their fees by $6. It's silly. They will eat that fee. For a club like Vantucky with 1500 or so players, that's $9000. Not a small, eye roll worthy amount.

Second, why should I or my club pay as much as a single dollar to subsidize thorns academy? We think it's garbage. We don't want to be part of it. Why should my dollars underwrite it?

At least with ECNL, I can choose not to support it and it costs me nothing. With thorns academy, I pay (or my club pays)$6 for the privilege of not supporting it. So go ahead and roll your eyes at that.

Comment

There's your cash cow. Timbers sucking money out of youth sports.

Comment

Does no one find it weird that Madding and Mekel left in the middle of this?

Comment

Not weird at all. Rats doing what rats do when they spy a sinking ship.

Comment

My president and I were having that same conversation. He thinks they know something or did something.

Comment

Interesting. Let's dig up some stats for 2017:

145 boys HS teams = approximately 2175 players. $6 increase in player card fee = $13,050 in new revenue for OYSA.

120 girls HS teams = approximately 1800 players = $10,800 in new revenue from increased player card fee.

164 boys youth teams = approximately 2296 players = $13,776 in new revenue from increased player card fee.

220 girls youth teams = approximately 3080 players = $18,480 in new revenue from increased player card fee.

86 u9/10 boys teams = approximately 860 players = $5,160 in new revenue from increased player card fee.

48 u9/10 girls teams = approximately 480 players = $2,880 in new revenue from increased player card fee.

So, OYSA is generating a total of $64,146 in new fees by charging all of those players an extra $6 for their player card.

$64,146 divided by 50 Thorns Academy players means we are giving each academy player just under $1283 this year alone to subsidize their season. Keep in mind they already get free league fees for OYSA and Far West, and free field rental for practice.

The next time a thorns parent comes on here crowing about beating up on younger and weaker teams in Los Angeles or Vegas, just smile and tell them "you're welcome..." - because we all paid for that team to travel.
                      Sadly, you miss the cherry right in front of you my friend, this inflation to nominal player cards by OYSA is a hail mary a attempt by them just in a desperate effort to stay solvent, not fund any GDA/DA or travel costs. That's just barely enough $$ to cover the annual cost of medical secondary insurance per player.

THE TRUSTED REVENUE STREAMS OF THE OYSA-NOW BELONG TO PEREGRINE:

TEAM LEAGUE REG FEE (FALL, WINTER & SPRING) AS HIGH AS $975 PER TEAM FOR ROUGHLY 1000+ TEAMS (many teams play bot fall & spring leagues)

STATE, PRESIDENT'S & FOUNDERS CUP REG FEE ANOTHER $700 per team x 600 to 700 teams.

That's a ballpark figure of $1.5million+ (probably more) revenue without any capital costs or overhead expenditure for the only thing actually needed to host a game, a field (which the clubs provide for free to peregrine).

pay the refs and pay the loony scheduler and the rest is net profit to peregrine.

Imagine if Paul Allen never had to pay to build the Rose Garden or service the debt for the facility, the people paying for tickets to the games actually funded it for him in full and then told him they would be happy pay thousands each year just to watch his team play in the stadium they built and paid for...it's on us...no worries Paul.

PEREGRINE- OPD & RTC programs are not much of a profit center due to labor costs, when compared enormous profit gleaned in the leagues and state cup affairs. But even with that said, this branch of Peregrine would still out perform the most profitable business in the history of mankind by a wide margin.

Now for the kicker all the data and user info for every registered OYSA player aged 5 to 19 60K strong today is given to the Timbers kiddie Camp Director for mass emailings and then the local clubs are given the permission to host these camps on their well maintained fields at no cost or if they must charge Peregrine a nominal fee for upkeep, to promote the game...and Peregrine keeps all the revenue from the camps on the local clubs fields.

Now peregrine can easily afford $5million playes from Argentina off the efforts of oregon's blind and clueless masses. or subsidize a DA or GDA without hesitation or 2nd thought.

STRONGER TOGETHER!

You asked for it---You got it.

Enjoy

Comment

Mekel was voted out.

Comment

Yep

Madding is to blame. He thought he was a business guy and did a poor job. Meckel and the board trusted him.

Comment

Madding is to blame. He thought he was a business guy and did a poor job. Meckel and the board trusted him.
                            He did deals that even Trump couldn't pull off for Peregrine.

Truly outstanding work.

Comment

He did deals that even Trump couldn't pull off for Peregrine.

Truly outstanding work.
                              Name one club that liked him. Our club hated him. Good riddance.

Comment

So the new board are going to do an investigation, right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X