Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    this is great advice. you will see so many changes over the next two years the girls that are on top at an early age usually top out and the real players emerge you have to play games but don't worry so much about the team at this point up until your child is 14 focus on technical skills if she is technically sound she can catch up on anything she has lost on the tactical side
    Agreed. But most importantly, stay off this site as much as you can, as the haters and trolls feast on anything good and turn it into evil.

Comment

Agreed. But most importantly, stay off this site as much as you can, as the haters and trolls feast on anything good and turn it into evil.
      Unless you are coming for the comedy. The Copper City post sucks me in every time.

Comment

Unless you are coming for the comedy. The Copper City post sucks me in every time.
        Yep, I shoulda mentioned that. My bad.

Comment

Don't listen to these yahoos, 2005 birth year which will be U13 next year its very most important age group for you to get your daughter into a good club with a pipeline to the DA or ECNL. At every club it starts to get political and parents who pay a lot of money for their kids to play in expensive leagues start having leverage over the club and teams if their kids are decent and wallets are fat. At the U13 level parents have become battle hardened Monday Morning Quarterbacks and know how to put pressure on Coaches and directors to get what they want, they know the game by now and will make it very difficult moving to U14 for new girls from other clubs moving in. Do it now, research and find out the clubs in your area that offer DA, ECNL or minimum NPL and get in now. Dont be put off by this its the same in every sport, gymnastics/ dance whatever...

Comment

south florida
            As a suggestion head over to the Weston Cup Tournament next weekend and check out some of the teams playing in this particular age group. That will give you a feel of the local teams, see the players, watch the coach and parents on the sidelines and gauge what team might be a good fit.

Comment

As a suggestion head over to the Weston Cup Tournament next weekend and check out some of the teams playing in this particular age group. That will give you a feel of the local teams, see the players, watch the coach and parents on the sidelines and gauge what team might be a good fit.
              Not a bad idea. And if your kid loves soccer, it might be fun too

Comment

Boca United is very - very thin on 04 girls and may play some 05's up to play DA on the 04 GDA team next year. Might be a thought to look in to that and see if it is a good fit.

Do your research.
                Talk to DOC.

Comment

Omg

Boca United is very - very thin on 04 girls and may play some 05's up to play DA on the 04 GDA team next year. Might be a thought to look in to that and see if it is a good fit.

Do your research.
                  Talk to DOC.
                  Recommending a club that can't even field a proper team in an age group is questionable advice at best.

Avoid that team unless you want to get torched week in, week out.

Comment

Recommending a club that can't even field a proper team in an age group is questionable advice at best.

Avoid that team unless you want to get torched week in, week out.
                    The advice to look into it, research it (not on TS) and talk to the DOC is good advice. No one said to sign up.

Comment

If I was in tampa with a daughter, I'd probably go to TBU. They prioritize girls soccer more than most other clubs in the area and put resources into it. Plus, with the smaller pool of players at the older age groups, a larger club has a bigger advantage on the girls side than the boys side. WFF has some good teams, but too much upheaval at that club (not trying to start something... my kids are not at either... not in the area).
                      This is the one age group that WFF has the upper hand. They have better skill players and they have GDA. Watch these two 2005 teams play and you'll see what I mean. Plus, it's common knowledge that a few of the top TBU 2005 girls are already expressing an interest in GDA and are coming over to WFF at tryouts.

Comment

My daughter is an 05 at OCYS

This is the one age group that WFF has the upper hand. They have better skill players and they have GDA. Watch these two 2005 teams play and you'll see what I mean. Plus, it's common knowledge that a few of the top TBU 2005 girls are already expressing an interest in GDA and are coming over to WFF at tryouts.
                        Just played against this WFF team and they were pretty good. They beat my daughters team 3-1 on Sunday. They were one of the better 05 teams I have seen this year . #77 and #1 were especially memorable but all the girls played well. Best of luck finding the right fit for your daughter

Comment

Don't listen to these yahoos, 2005 birth year which will be U13 next year its very most important age group for you to get your daughter into a good club with a pipeline to the DA or ECNL. At every club it starts to get political and parents who pay a lot of money for their kids to play in expensive leagues start having leverage over the club and teams if their kids are decent and wallets are fat. At the U13 level parents have become battle hardened Monday Morning Quarterbacks and know how to put pressure on Coaches and directors to get what they want, they know the game by now and will make it very difficult moving to U14 for new girls from other clubs moving in. Do it now, research and find out the clubs in your area that offer DA, ECNL or minimum NPL and get in now. Dont be put off by this its the same in every sport, gymnastics/ dance whatever...
                          Most of it I agree. U13 is a very important year. Parents on the A team and B team
                          are crazy (of course, I am NOT. :) ) If you can move your daughter, then move or at least,
                          do a few practices with them and see where your kid is at. Big caveat: the coach will
                          take a super star no matter what, even if it means kicking a bottom 1/3 girl out
                          who has been at the club since u7. A sacrifice must be made. Parents will be glad
                          it wasn't them AND they get an awesome player to help the team. Good luck
                          -05 parent

Comment

Check your leg up on these rankings
                            http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/r...ion=3&State=FL

Comment

Check your leg up on these rankings
                              http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/r...ion=3&State=FL
                              Here is other link to compare
                              http://nplflorida.demosphere.com/sch.../84308695.html

Comment

And one more
                                http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/c...px?ClubID=3230

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/c...px?ClubID=1596

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X