Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA is great, but there I should one thing it won't ever have...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA is great, but there I should one thing it won't ever have...

This DA player is in the DA 'tween year as a HS soph played high school this year. Great quote - "This is my first year of playing high school soccer and it’s the best experience I’ve ever had, I wouldn’t trade it for anything,”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...208-story.html

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This DA player is in the DA 'tween year as a HS soph played high school this year. Great quote - "This is my first year of playing high school soccer and it’s the best experience I’ve ever had, I wouldn’t trade it for anything,”

And he didn't make DA? That kid is class and one of best around.

Comment

again it goes back to what some say. Not every good kid is picked for DA or some just choose not to play. to me the DA is still very behind in what qualities they need to look at. then add top colleges what the DA style of play some skill lots of running and very strong pushy players. This is a fact.

Comment

This kid and others like him is why DA is adding single year U15 next year (that and to thwart boys ECNL). With the two year combined teams there are younger players/late bloomers who will get overlooked for the older ones, who won't always necessarily be better skilled. They would often times get cut or be given a "pre-academy" team to play on and had to just hope they made the full DA team the next year. Many won't. As another said it also shows that the DA selection process isn't always transparent or even correct. I'm glad he had a chance to see the other side so he can make better informed choices moving forward. Moving DA to the younger years is one way for USSF to get their hooks into players before they even have to make the HS choice.

Comment

again it goes back to what some say. Not every good kid is picked for DA or some just choose not to play. to me the DA is still very behind in what qualities they need to look at. then add top colleges what the DA style of play some skill lots of running and very strong pushy players. This is a fact.
          or very robotic

http://goalnation.com/paul-breitner-...-youth-soccer/

Comment

So true !DA is so Robotic to the max . That's why lots of players and parents don't even care for it. ... don't go there with your kid couldn't make DA BS now. Fact is many chose not to be involved with it(not everyone is myopic) for many other reasons than just not making the team.

Comment

This kid and others like him is why DA is adding single year U15 next year (that and to thwart boys ECNL). With the two year combined teams there are younger players/late bloomers who will get overlooked for the older ones, who won't always necessarily be better skilled. They would often times get cut or be given a "pre-academy" team to play on and had to just hope they made the full DA team the next year. Many won't. As another said it also shows that the DA selection process isn't always transparent or even correct. I'm glad he had a chance to see the other side so he can make better informed choices moving forward. Moving DA to the younger years is one way for USSF to get their hooks into players before they even have to make the HS choice.
              You act like a kid making to the semi final of high school is some great accomplishment. The fact that he scored a game winner in a high school game means nothing except for the no nothings of soccer in the stands. Most all the DA players that are playing right now in the system could dominate a high school game unless they got hacked down by some testosterone crazed football player who now thinks that he will keep in shape playing some soccer. How is that football player, now turned high school soccer player, going to care about your club team while you are lying there with a multiple fractured ankle or knee? Most all the kids in the DA know that the level of soccer in high school is pathetic, to say the least. However, if you are club player that is not of the quality of a DA and you did not make the DA, why not, that is the highest you are most likely ever going to go in the sport. Just remember, it will be over after your high school senior year. The kids in the DA have aspirations to play beyond that.

Comment

You act like a kid making to the semi final of high school is some great accomplishment. The fact that he scored a game winner in a high school game means nothing except for the no nothings of soccer in the stands. Most all the DA players that are playing right now in the system could dominate a high school game unless they got hacked down by some testosterone crazed football player who now thinks that he will keep in shape playing some soccer. How is that football player, now turned high school soccer player, going to care about your club team while you are lying there with a multiple fractured ankle or knee? Most all the kids in the DA know that the level of soccer in high school is pathetic, to say the least. However, if you are club player that is not of the quality of a DA and you did not make the DA, why not, that is the highest you are most likely ever going to go in the sport. Just remember, it will be over after your high school senior year. The kids in the DA have aspirations to play beyond that.
                You are correct

A girls situation is completely different

Gday

Comment

Each man shall choose his path to greatness!

Comment

Your missing the most important part of this...."It's the most fun he has ever had...I would not trade it for the world" people on here are nuts thinking that every DA kid is playing college soccer or NT. You are exactly what is wrong with everything youth sports! Wake up...not everyone wants what you think is the greatest league out there...complete joke!

Comment

Your missing the most important part of this...."It's the most fun he has ever had...I would not trade it for the world" people on here are nuts thinking that every DA kid is playing college soccer or NT. You are exactly what is wrong with everything youth sports! Wake up...not everyone wants what you think is the greatest league out there...complete joke!
                      No one said you took the wrong path.For the Boys side if you want the best competition week in week out DA is the best option. No one claims that DA has all the talent or that every kid that makes DA should be there. lets face it only .01% of any of these kids will be a pro soccer player.

Comment

Your the one coming on TS and attacking the DA because you can not handle it that your kid is not playing at the highest level of youth soccer. Your upset because you are living vicariously through your kid and you want him to play High School, because you want him to be popular in school, and you cannot come to terms that there is a higher league out there that does not allow for high school play, for a good reason, I might add. People who have their kids in the DA, for the most part, are not the ones attacking people whose kid is playing high school. It is usually the other way around. Trust me, people in the DA wish that high school soccer was at a higher level, so their kids could play, but that is not the way it is. Just like regular club soccer, High school is a much lower quality of soccer than DA. That is why the kids that play DA are making that sacrifice. Just the fact, Jack.

Comment

Each person can choose there own path. However let's state some facts the DA is all about the $$$ it brings in to U.S. Soccer. Yes MLS Da's are fully funded, however $$ still goes to US soccer. Also there is a need for non MLS DA's otherwise the Expenses would be through the roof for travel. It's very simple DA parents think there kids and the kings and there egos are huge. The non DA parents who didn't make it feel hurt and lash out. Then there is those that chose not to go to the DA and say there is an alternative path. My opinion all are right and all are wrong. For us to be successful in this country we need to eliminate all these silly leagues and bring back localized regional competition with promotion and relegation in each area. This way you truly have to battle to stay a top and those teams who do will draw the best players. In return those players will be coached well. People it's not about the club or league, it's about the coach. Players in those age groups will be able to identify that coach due to where they are in there standings. Canada did this 10 years ago when they were going through a crisis and not creating consistent top hockey talent.

Comment

If he was in DA before then obviously he's highly skilled. Just because he played HS this year (or possibly down the road) doesn't not prevent him from playing college soccer. Stop acting like DA players are the only ones who aspire to that or have the ability to play in college. There aren't enough DA players graduating in any given year to fill all the college roster spots available. Many players still play HS and high level club and go on to have great college soccer careers. For some DA players THEIR careers are over once they graduate HS as well. DA isn't a guaranteed path to glory. Check out where some players end up - they could have ended up at the same schools with club and decent grades.

Comment

You act like a kid making to the semi final of high school is some great accomplishment.
                              But it is a great accomplishment to HIM. Not to you, but to HIM. Take your adult head out of your adult azz and try to think like a teenager. Then again, clearly you have zero empathy skills so never mind.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X