Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The line of players getting their excuses ready for when their teammates ask why they are not playing DA is growing. "I got asked but said no" 😉Right👌Got it.
    Not so much. There are many level headed people that don't get excited when they are invited to "an exclusive offer." Think about that exclusive Time Share offer you were offered. I think the link on this thread is a fairly balanced treatment of the current state of soccer in 2017.

I have an '01 and we are not paying any attention to it. If you have an '05 you probably should.

Comment

The line of players getting their excuses ready for when their teammates ask why they are not playing DA is growing. "I got asked but said no" 😉Right👌Got it.
      Some ECNL teams are moving up to DA because their club will have no more ECNL.

Comment

yes and many that play ECNL now will not be asked to join DA. "Teams" are not moving up. Some individual players will.

Comment

yes and many that play ECNL now will not be asked to join DA. "Teams" are not moving up. Some individual players will.
          A mom said their entire team at WFF was asked to play DA.

Comment

A mom said their entire team at WFF was asked to play DA.
            Daughter plays H.S. soccer with girls from WFF ECNL and they said the same thing - entire team was asked to play DA.

Comment

Girls DA is toast. In a few years it will just be another "alphabet soup" league gone by the wayside and the snake oil salesmen will need to come up with another way to bilk parents.
              Give it 3-5 years of mediocrity and they will change it all up again and rebrand it under another name.

Comment

That's driven more by economics, market size and player pools. Some clubs simply aren't big enough to do both and they have to pick one or the other. It's a roll of the dice...or leap of faith, whatever you want to call it.

Comment

Daughter plays H.S. soccer with girls from WFF ECNL and they said the same thing - entire team was asked to play DA.
                  So I guess the club cannot get any more talent therefore they have asked every player back. I don't understand parents/players that kid never sees the pitch or very little keep coming back. Shame on the club for taking these people's money.

Comment

So I guess the club cannot get any more talent therefore they have asked every player back. I don't understand parents/players that kid never sees the pitch or very little keep coming back. Shame on the club for taking these people's money.
                    I've been digging around online and have heard of other clubs doing the same - they aren't big enough for both so many are taking a chance with GDA. Problem is plenty of girls don't want it. So unless a club can also attract lots of other good outside talent they'll be weak, perform poorly and become even less attractive to talent down the road. Weakens the league as well.

Oh and they're supposed to charge less for this venture too! No wonder a few clubs have decided to drop out and rumors are others are coming close to doing the same.

Comment

After watching how excited the ECNL girls have been playing for their high schools this season, it's a poor decision by the DA to ban it, if that is in fact their intention. Girls don't want to give up their chance to play with their friends and for their school. Especially not for some 0.5% chance to play for the national team.

Comment

After watching how excited the ECNL girls have been playing for their high schools this season, it's a poor decision by the DA to ban it, if that is in fact their intention. Girls don't want to give up their chance to play with their friends and for their school. Especially not for some 0.5% chance to play for the national team.
                        The DA will attract the players that are willing to give up high school. Not the others. They will play in the ECNL. The Da is for the players all in for soccer. Everyone will have a home.

Some will be conflicted because they want to play in the DA but don't want to give up other sports. They will think it through and make a decision. Part of growing up and maturing.

Comment

The DA will attract the players that are willing to give up high school. Not the others. They will play in the ECNL. The Da is for the players all in for soccer. Everyone will have a home.

Some will be conflicted because they want to play in the DA but don't want to give up other sports. They will think it through and make a decision. Part of growing up and maturing.
                          Problem is there won't be enough talented players to fill all the DA rosters. Even some top talent won't give up HS. So then DA clubs will fill it with players who have cra*p HS programs or aren't good enough to play much in HS. Or their parents force them into it

Comment

Problem is there won't be enough talented players to fill all the DA rosters. Even some top talent won't give up HS. So then DA clubs will fill it with players who have cra*p HS programs or aren't good enough to play much in HS. Or their parents force them into it
                            Well, the earth will continue to spin. Every club creates teams from the players they have interested and available.

Comment

Right. They retain every player so there is no fear and the players won't go looking for a second best option. WFF knows a few will leave and a few more will come onto the DA, but best to secure the DA load early.

Comment

I have been hearing that DA will be in the $2500 range and there will be "need based" scholarships. Need as in the team "needs" a fast forward that can score. The team "needs" a defender that can stop almost everything. Not, poor parents that "need" money to pay for soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X